Curse on Vishnu's child

sanghita0000 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

Lord Vishnu,without Lakshmi, desirous of Male child worshiped Lord Shiva at Tiruvarur.

He was blessed with a Male child, Kaama or Manmatha, the God of Love/Lust.

Angered at being omitted Lakshmi cursed Vishnu that His son would be burnt by Shiva.

Upon realization of the curse, an aggrieved Vishnu created a composite image featuring Shiva, Umaand Skanda (Somaskanda  symbolic of fertility) and offered worship to it.

Parvati alleviated the curse placed on him stating that despite being burnt to death, Kaama would live on to create the forces of attraction between the male and the female that would ensure the continuation of the human race.

There is no other children of Vishnu or Vishnu and Lakshmi, from the Purarnic references.

Is it true?Do u know any other child of Lord Vishnu? I am not considering any avatar of Lord Vishnu...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kallol012 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i will need time to have a few research on it! till then @harshu please flash some lights!! ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜•
sanghita0000 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Kallol012

i will need time to have a few research on it! till then @harshu please flash some lights!! ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜•

harshu doesn't come to the forum...only silverbell and u are serious enough to come...