10 Reasons Why There Can Be No Movie Like Wake Up Sid!

QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Seldom comes a movie which strikes all the right chords and connects with every audience. These movies are something we keep going back to, and wouldn't mind coming home to, at the end of a hectic day. They are like a companion and our emotions gel up so well that we can never get bored of watching them time and again. Wake Up Sid is one of those masterpieces and has the potential to refresh your minds.

Here are 10 reasons why Wake Up Sid can do wonders to your pissed off mood.

1. It teaches you to look at the simple pleasures of life.

enjoy small moments of life

Wake Up Sid is the movie that teaches us to focus on the little and simple things in lifethat will bring a smile on our face. Be it the late night outing at Marine Drive or the birthday cup of tea on the terrace. This is what we call bliss!

2. Konkona Sen Sharma is an absolute delight.

Wake Up Sid konkona sen sharma

We still cannot imagine anyone else as Aisha Banerjee, the ambitious writer. She put life and soul in each frame of the movie and Iktara wouldn't have acquired such a cult status without her.

3. Mumbai is the hero.

wake up sid mumbai

When I watched the movie for the first time, the first thought that crossed my mind was that only someone who loves the city to the core can portray it as the protagonist in a commercial Hindi movie. The Mumbai bug had bitten me hard and today, here I am in the City of Dreams.

4. The soul stirring music.

The music is so pleasing to the ears and the mind that one can keep listening to it day in and day out and yet not get bored. Iktara obviously tops the chart, but Life is Crazy, Aajkal  Zindagi, the title track, Boondon ke Moti are equally life changing. No, not an exaggeration!

5. It shows us how you need not fit in the society and yet you can find your ground.

Sid was an overgrown male kid who was eight at heart. But he did not need to change himself to be loved and wanted. We do not have to fit the bill to be accepted.

6. The movie teaches us that there are unconventional career choices to make.

do what you are passionate about

And how we loved the magazine office. This movie taught us to break the stereotype and chase our dreams.

7. The cinematography puts a smile.

It is very rare that we fall in love with the hustle bustle of a city as busy as Mumbai, but such was the magic woven by the camera that we could not help but love every bit of it.

8. The Ranbir Konkona chemistry.

The bonding they shared as roommates was so sweet and simple that we all wanted a roommate from the opposite gender who would work in the same office as us!

9. Mumbai rains.

mumbai rain wake up sid

And we all thought it was irritating! The way the camera romances the rains is incredible. Never before I had seen someone interpret the Mumbai rains with such romanticism.

10. Ranbir is a total eye candy.

wake up sid ranbir kapoor

Who can forget the scene when Ranbir appears in a crisp white short and just steals away our hearts? Wake Up Sid is always going to be the next best film of his career after Barfi, of course.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

One of the best coming of age films, also Ranbir-Konkana chemistry ❤️
piya2025 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
That was indeed an amazing movie..It presented today's youth,their problems and way they look at their own life just beautifully..
Not everyone has to be a doctor or engineer,you are more happier and successful when you find your passion and work according to it..and most importantly be yourself.
RK and KS were ❤️
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
I found this movie overrated. It hasn't aged well in my books. Sid and his friends squad were kind of wannabe-ish. And Sid landed his dream career way too easily IMO. No real struggle shown.
Other than photography part n songs, i didnot get the hype behind this film. Plus, Konkana n Ranbir made an awkward pair. There was zero chemistry between the two no matter how hard they tried. She seemed more like his elder sister than a lover and i think this was her worst performance as an actress. Her acting was looking so fake n forced. 😕 Edited by BlackPanther7 - 6 years ago
zaniax thumbnail
@BlackPanther7..ditto! There was nothing exciting abt this film. Such a snooze fest and yea, Ranbir-Konkona pair had sibling vibes.
BeautyWidBrain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I just love this movie  ❤️
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
There was nothing special in that movie. Very run-of-the-mill if you will.
SASSZS thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
The movie was good when I first saw it. But it didn't stand with me after that. Surprisingly YJHD was better from Ayan but I'm very sure not many will think that way. I actually liked Koko and Biru together. Back then being Sonabir fan I never liked anyone else beside him until WUS happened. YJHD also made me like Biru with DP. I feel like Ayan knows how to create chemistry between his actors onscreen. Anyways I don rmb the message of WUS cos I haven't watched it again since the first time. I have watched YJHD twice and I liked the message in that film that says there is really no need for everyone to think alike as opinions are not fact. Okay I digressed a bit but yeah. Iktara though remains a fav!
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think this movie has the whole young age sentimental feelings to it.. like I didn't like this movie at all.. but when u r in an age that you absolutely love bw and a movie resonate with you.. that movie becomes the best movie out there..

don't worry I have a couple of movies too that I would say are the best movies ever made.. like I love
Tum Bin
Dill chahta hai

it has nothing to do with how good the movies were... its the time and year they were released..