Complaint against singer Papon for kissing minor girl he was mentoring - Page 22

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
When Farah said that if it was my daughter, I would be very uncomfortable with it, that's when it really hit me. Even if the kiss may not be on the lips and camera angles are weird, his manhandling of the girl is not normal. She's just a child and this is no way to have fun with kids. He should be jailed for this.
astha36 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I saw the clip again, it was sort of zoomed in. Papon's face was turned the other side and there wasn't any kiss, lips or elsewhere. The girl turned her face to kiss his cheek while looking at the camera. I have a sick feeling that this might have been a publicity stunt that backfired.
Fortuitous thumbnail
Has there even been any progress on this? 
pallavi25 thumbnail

https://www.telegraphindia.com/states/north-east/it-act-slapped-against-papon-213482

IT Act slapped against Papon

PANKAJ SARMA Mar 06, 2018 00:00 IST

Guwahati: City police have added Section 67A of the Information Technology Act, 2000, in the case registered against singer Angarag Papon Mahanta for "inappropriately kissing" a minor girl, who is a contestant of a singing reality TV show where Papon was a judge.

Section 67A deals with publishing or transmitting material containing sexually explicit act in electronic form.

The incident happened during a pre-Holi celebration where the singer and a few kids of the reality show were interacting with fans through a Facebook live video. Following the controversy, Papon quit as judge from the reality show.

An official source said the police filed a prayer in the court of chief judicial magistrate, Kamrup (metro), on Monday for adding the new section.

The case (number 502/2018) was registered against Papon at Dispur police station on February 24 under Section 10 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Pocso) Act, which deals with aggravated sexual assault, on the basis of a complaint filed by the Assam State Commission for Protection of Child Rights.

A team of city police, led by additional deputy commissioner of police (crime) Rosie Kalita, which had gone to Mumbai on Thursday to investigate the allegations against Papon, returned on Mo

Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
That girl.manashi saharia won the grand finale last night. 

Edited by Meherya123 - 6 years ago
Wtf. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This will corrupt the parents. 
hbkrocks thumbnail
So he is not judging the voice anymore . Channel fired him ?
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hbkrocks

So he is not judging the voice anymore . Channel fired him ?

channel owner banned him from zee group(&tv and zee belong to.same group). But the girl from the video won.the show last night. Wouldn't it give out wrong impression that controversies make kids win show
hbkrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherya123

channel owner banned him from zee group(&tv and zee belong to.same group). But the girl from the video won.the show last night. Wouldn't it give out wrong impression that controversies make kids win show

Haven't seen any episodes so can't comment on her winning the show but Zee did a great job of banning Papon.