Complaint against singer Papon for kissing minor girl he was mentoring

Fortuitous thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

A Supreme Court lawyer has filed a complaint against Assamese singer, Angarag Papon Mahanta, popularly known as Papon, with the National Commission for Protection of Child Rights for an inappropriate' act of showing affection to a minor girl, reports Firstpost. The singer was allegedly seen kissing the girl who is among the contestants of a reality show he is mentoring on a Facebook live video. The video still features on the singer's official page.

Lawyer, Runa Bhuyan, said in the complaint, "I am shocked to see the behaviour of the said singer Angarag Papon Mahanta towards a minor girl where he is seen to be applying colours on a minor girl and inappropriately kissing the said girl. On seeing the video, I am seriously concerned regarding the safety and security of minor girls participating in reality shows across India."

Partha Gogoi, Papon's manager, told a local website Guwahati Plus, "The act was not meant to hurt the sentiments of any individual, and that it was not wrong in any manner, which is why they see no reason to pull down the video from the official Facebook page of Papon. He added that the girl's father has also issued a statement requesting media channels to not "drag the issue.

THE VIDEO FOOTAGE:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyCDF6Oh_ac[/YOUTUBE]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fortuitous thumbnail
Am i hearing the audio after the kiss correctly? ðŸ¤¢
Recorder: Ye kya tha?

Papon: Obvious tha...Band karo ye facebook live chal raha hai kya? And then he made the cut throat gesture. 

MadGuy thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Obvious tha? This man has been living on another planet it seems. 

Papon  giving Papiya and thinks it's his rights because he is famous ðŸ¤¢

Obvious tab hota Jab Kaan ke niche padta ðŸ˜¡

sab kamine hi bhare bethe hai BW main 
behindyou thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Have not watch video... But even if its wrong, I don't think girl family will be any witness bcz he is famous ... perks of being famous!!.
Complaint will be withdrawn automatically by girls family for sake of her singing career
Fortuitous thumbnail
I'm repulsed. 
Power really does corrupt. People with power subjecting others to their perversions is a reality, a disgusting one at that. 

The girl's blank expressions after the kiss give me the impression that this isn't the first time he's done such a thing with her...
Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Bloody pervert 🤢 sick he kissed on lips. Poor kid must be horrified. Good that it's posted on YT and become viral. He is publicly shamed.
awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OMG..that was seriously in bad taste for papon. I love him amongst the current crop of singers for his singin but this..? Na. Far away from what singing and singing competitions are supposed to be. Miss the original Sa re ga ma days that gave us brilliance like shreya Ghoshal and were based on pure talent and nothing else!!
anu023 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Heard a lot about famous singers being perverts ..have seen alot of them in south India with my own eyes so yeah this isn't surprising. I am glad that the advocate who saw the video filed a case instead of passing it off as fun thing
Paedophiles should be killed.