PreeRan OS ~ Stay By Your Side

Nivedita_SS thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

PreeRan OS ~ Stay By Your Side

"Happy birthday, Karan.

He received so many wishes since midnight; family, friends, teammates, every single creature who knew him, except for one. He waited for that one person to call, message or even stride into his house and wish him. A person whom he trusts enough to rely upon, a person who becomes his partner in crime in teasing Rishabh and his fiancee, Vaishnavi, a person so sarvagunsampann, as he addressed her.

"Does she remember it's my day today? He muttered to himself, descending down the staircase for the lunch. He smiled at everyone and took a seat for himself on the dining table. The whole family laughed at something, but he was in a world of his own.

Perhaps, she isn't well... The thought occurred in his mind, considering the fact that his Ms. Psycho was always immersed in work. And added to that, she was writing some book on physiotherapy, simple tips to ease off any joint pains. Finishing his lunch, he quickly digged out his car keys, rushing past his family members who passed familiar glances to each other past his exit.

Drive to Arora House took him fifteen minutes, to be precise. He rung the bell quite a few times before running out of patience. Removing the keys from his pocket, the spare ones which his Sarla aunty had given, he unlocked the door. Preeta never bolted the door, only locked it.

"Preeta He called her name, walking inside the house almost empty without its residents. The family, excluding Preetha who had to stay back due to work commitments, had gone to attend the wedding of their distant friend in Bhopal. The house was filled with an eerie silence, something he was never fond of. He entered Preetha's and Srishti's room only to find the former sleeping in a sitting position with her head on the study table and a laptop beside her.

I was tensed for her and here she is, sleeping like a Kumbhkaran. He thought, walking towards her. Reaching the table, he called her name once again,

"Preeta but got no response. He repeated twice, thrice yet the same response, that is no response at all. He lifted her head from the table and checked the forehead temperature, warmer than usual. He did not think for a moment while sweeping her off from the chair in bridal style and placing her on the bed delicately as if she were a porcelein doll.

She blinked several times before opening her eyes and found him, Karan, beside her. He turned towards the nightstand and poured some water in a glass, offering it to her. She accepted the glass and drank its contents.

"Could you please switch off the fan? She requested to which he obliged. Returning back, he asked

"Where's the thermometer?

Preeta looked at him before pointing out the middle drawer of her study. He nodded and took out the instrument from the drawer. The thermometer read 39 C.

"Since when? He looked at her and asked.

"Yesterday morning She replied, not meeting his eyes.

"And you did not care to inform me. His tone became accusatory.

"I thought it would subside... but it didn't. She replied, almost swallowing the last part of her sentence.

"For the first time, I am feel so correct in addressing you as Ms.Mental. He scowled, before turning his face away. As if recollecting something, he spoke to her,

"Go and freshen up while I prepare something for you to eat. And then we call the doc.

"Uski koi zaru... Preeta left her sentence incomplete after receiving an angry glare from him. Quietly, she walked into the washroom with fresh clothes. Minutes later fresh and neatly dressed in a red checked shirt with black palazzo pants she walked out to find Karan sitting on her bed with piping hot tomato soup beside him, on the nightstand.

"You should have switched on the A.C. She spoke, knowing he would be uncomfortable without the air conditioner. But he shrugged off, telling her he didn't mind at all. She occupied other side of the bed and took small spoons of soup while he simply sat, staring her.

"Get into the bed. He commanded, after taking the bowl from Preeta who handed it with much reluctance but nonetheless obeyed him for she was too exhausted to argue. He went out, kept the bowl in sink and rung the Luthras' family doctor. He walked back to her room and found her staring blankly at the ceiling.

"You did not sleep? He asked, startling her from thoughts.

"Happy birthday, Karan. And I'm sorry for causing you inconvenience on your special day. He heard her say. Guilt He could sense the guilt in her voice and he wanted to admonish her for the same.

"Thanks for the wishes, babydoll. Inconvenience...I'll get my birthday gift from you as a compensation, alright. He flashed his dimpled smile while replying her.

"Of course, I will get you one. She nodded.

Half an hour later, the doctor arrived at the Arora House with his assistant behind him.

"I guess, it is the inflammation of the body due to some undesirable entry of a pathogen. There is no need to worry. Just use the prescribed medicines He scribbled few tablets' name on a paper "Make sure she takes plenty of liquids. The fever should subside by tomorrow. In case it does not, drop by the clinic and we will have her blood test done. Doctor told and stood up from his seat.

Karan accompanied the doctor till the main door. Once the doctor left, he bolted the door and walked back to the room. Once in the room he sat beside her, caressing her hair as he took view of her sleeping figure.

"Will you stay here, please? He heard her mumbling.

"Will always...stay by your side, my Ms. Mental. He told her sleeping form dropping a kisson her forehead.

====================

Tadaa, we come to the end of the OneShot. Thank you so much for reading.

Cheers,

Nivi  

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ArHi.PreeRan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This is beautiful... Pls keep writing... Love reading preeran stories.
Angrita thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Please continue this... please.. This is really nice..
Nivedita_SS thumbnail
Thank you so much.
Cheers,
Nivi 
Nivedita_SS thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArHi.PreeRan

This is beautiful... Pls keep writing... Love reading preeran stories.

Thank you so much. Will definitely pen down something for PreeRan as I hardly leave a ship once boarded. 
Cheers,
Nivi
Nivedita_SS thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angrita

Please continue this... please.. This is really nice..

Thank you so much. But it is not possible to continue this, dear. Will definitely be back with a different story on PreeRan.
Cheers,
Nivi