Kajol wants entertainment to be tax free, but not sanitary pads

HarveySpecter thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
ABP NewsVerified account @abpnewstv
FollowFollow @abpnewstv
More

I Want Entertainment Industry To Be Completely Tax-Free: Actress #Kajol

"As far as women sanitary napkins are concerned, I think there's tax on milk, rice; it's not that they are tax-free. So that's really up to the government as what they see fit and how they see fit to tax."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

She needs to shave the middle of her forehead that's what she needs to do 😆
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: FrancoBaldwin

She needs to shave the middle of her forehead that's what she needs to do 😆

Get a brain transplant while at it.
HarveySpecter thumbnail
Next she will say don't apply tax on skin lightening creams. Looser.
Ehmm she answered same thing on both case
"That's a very complicated question which I don't know whether I have the expertise to discuss it. However, if you ask me, I ideally want entertainment industry to be completely tax-free. But, as it is not going to happen in my foreseeable future, I will leave it to the government to do what they see best," said Kajol.

Kajol was recently asked at an event about her opinion on the tax applied on sanitary pads. Kajol said, "I don't have the financial expertise to speak about it. I don't think I have the financial expertise to discuss the GST. I really don't."

She further added, "I am an actor otherwise I would be doing another job somewhere."

She stated, "As far as women sanitary napkins are concerned, I think there's tax on milk, rice; it's not that they are tax-free. So that's really up to the government as what they see fit and how they see fit to tax."
HarveySpecter thumbnail

Originally posted by: --L--

Ehmm she answered same thing on both case

"That's a very complicated question which I don't know whether I have the expertise to discuss it. However, if you ask me, I ideally want entertainment industry to be completely tax-free. But, as it is not going to happen in my foreseeable future, I will leave it to the government to do what they see best," said Kajol.

Kajol was recently asked at an event about her opinion on the tax applied on sanitary pads. Kajol said, "I don't have the financial expertise to speak about it. I don't think I have the financial expertise to discuss the GST. I really don't."

She further added, "I am an actor otherwise I would be doing another job somewhere."

She stated, "As far as women sanitary napkins are concerned, I think there's tax on milk, rice; it's not that they are tax-free. So that's really up to the government as what they see fit and how they see fit to tax."

She said she wants entertainment to be tax free but justified tax on sanitary pads by saying there is tax on milk and rice. Two different things. But obviously after that she said it is up to the govt - well, no shit Sherlock.
Gewels thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Everyone's contribution is welcome, even if it doesn't materially help. However, the problem of sanitary pads is not per se the price of a pack, but cost of transportation to rural areas, availability of finance to purchase the items etc, education on the need to use them.
Education needs to be unrelenting and everywhere.
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Gewels

Everyone's contribution is welcome, even if it doesn't materially help. However, the problem of sanitary pads is not per se the price of a pack, but cost of transportation to rural areas, availability of finance to purchase the items etc, education on the need to use them.
Education needs to be unrelenting and everywhere.

Indeed but the cost impact the price of the product and that's what the consumers see. 
Is some places, every penny counts. 

You're absolutely right regarding the education, educating people about hygiene AND then giving them the means to apply these advices is the the most important.
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I love Kajol, she's a fantastic actress but she can't advocate a tax-free entertainment industry when she can't pronounce herself for more substantial products.
Regarding sanitary pads the things is (and not only in India) that it's an unfair tax. Only women on their periods pay for it. I understand that some states can't afford to lose even this income but they should at least think about this issue.

I'll add that I don't see what entertainment industry should be tax free. Some movies get this status when some states feel that they are socially relevant but why would these same states not take taxes on movies which earn so much and are created to earn. 
Movies who have the potential to get a 150%ROI etc...

If so then should people doing less paid jobs asking for it to be tax-free? Then how would the government get funding ? 
grounder thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Of course entertainment should be tax free, so that more people watch films and these industry folks make more money and the likes of Kajol can afford more private planes and luxurious stuff. And why to bother giving any tax-relief to the basic female hygiene needs.