Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Eggon_Snow

Maybe you can lead such a paranoid life but like I said most women in  major Indian cities either do not possess such luxury or do not believe in leading such a stifled life. For people to then blame us for falling prey to rapists just cause we were exercising our basic right of free movement is pretty damn reprehensible. Judge us only if you have walked in our shoes and have led our lives. Neither you nor Kirron have done the same so forgive me if I am dismissive of both your opinions and even angered by it.

Bold: Good for you.. I never blamed you guys.. I said its good to be careful to the extent that you can.. I have said time and again, no woman is to be blamed for the henious actions that the animals do.. They are deplorable and the sole culprits.. 
But if I say I am all for taking some precautions, I don't mean that if you don't take them, you are inviting rape or anything of the sort
For instance, we take precautions to protect our houses from fire.. But sometimes, the fire breaks out owing to whatever reason which is not in our hands.. Are we to be blamed for it? No.. Are we right to take precautions? Yes
Also about beinhg raped in house, the very same I have been saying time and again.. You cannot guarantee safety by some measures lekin if something provides you with even 1% security, I am all for trying it.. Like we do try to make sure the hired help in houses is vouched our for.. Thats our safety measure
In the perfect world, women would be free to do as they please.. But this is not the perfect world and till we are able to make this world perfect, there are some things that perhaps might make things a tad bit easier for us
I never judged.. Main ne kab judge kia? Did I say you guys shouldn't do what you do? I said I agree that precautions should be taken.. Thats it
Technically you are the one doing all the judging with the cowardly mindset and the reprehensible mindset things.. You have a way to look at things and so do I.. I don't think your judgement is wrong but at the same time, I am most definitely entitled to mine
As for being dismissive of my opinion, feel free.. Its not like that would harm me in any which way.. Same goes for your anger.. Doesn't reach me all the way here you see
Edited by theeki.mithai - 6 years ago
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pemberleydreams

In Kolkata people stand in line for auto, but that's only for the first n last stoppage. When you're boarding one in a stoppage Midway, It's gonna be almost filled up. And you can't really niptick cause it's tough to get autos with seats available or autos that'll stop or go till where you want to go. Letting an auto go means khari raho for another good 15 min. In here the public bus is thousands and they're the jaan of transport system, so we don't depend much on autos but in Delhi Mumbai etc autos are often the sole way to get somewhere causes the no of bus is very few and most have private car or Scooty. Letting an auto go Matlab you're gonna get damn late

See.. the whole point I have already said k since the concept of shared cabs is new to me, I cannot say much on it barring that the idea frightens me.. Us ke agey I cannot say anything on whether it is feasible or not since I don't have such public transport at my place.. I always travel via public transport but here the public transport is different
QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..PikACHU...

This was most definitely preplanned, filthy rapists ðŸ¤¢ Honestly this is all so scary! No place is safe for women. Yesterday i read that there was a rape attempt in a hospital ðŸ¤¢

i just woke up and read a woman got raped by her father,brother and uncle ðŸ¤¢ i feel SICKk!the end of the world is near.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/woman-raped-by-father-brother-and-uncles-in-uttar-pradesh-for-eloping-with-boyfriend-accused-arrested-4231281.html
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
theekai methai, no amount of preventive measure will prevent sexual assault, that' the grim reality. Why should women live in constant fear? the only solution is making all these shitty filths pay for their crime and shaming them to the point that they think twice before doing. Also, teaching the word "consent".
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mrs.Peanuts

theekai methai, no amount of preventive measure will prevent sexual assault, that' the grim reality. Why should women live in constant fear? the only solution is making all these shitty filths pay for their crime and shaming them to the point that they think twice before doing. Also, teaching the word "consent".

And till the time they learn about consent and the strict punishment law is implemented, do what? Another grim reality is that strict punishment laws would take long, very long.. Tab tak kia karein woh bata do, I will throw caution to the wind and do whatever you advice.. Jab tak rapists learn their lesson, what should I do to at least reduce the chances of me being their next target?
Edited by theeki.mithai - 6 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Pem: Even when I use the metro here in Delhi & it's 7 pm in winter & I've to get home, it's scary just standing there. You feel like jumping into the first auto so that you can get home quickly!
sherlockthor thumbnail
She is right.
If three men already are there in the auto, we should not take risk..
We cannot trust these men to not rape..

This is pure self-preservation.

This is a bad example , but its like you purposely go into a bad neighbourhood and expect not to get robbed or murdered..

Whether it is a man or woman , highest priority should be self safety. 
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dhoodh_Ki_Dhuli

i just woke up and read a woman got raped by her father,brother and uncle ðŸ¤¢ i feel SICKk!the end of the world is near.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/woman-raped-by-father-brother-and-uncles-in-uttar-pradesh-for-eloping-with-boyfriend-accused-arrested-4231281.html

Even i have heard such cases. Disgusting!! Girls, women, children, even babies aren't safe ðŸ¤¢
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Pem: Even when I use the metro here in Delhi & it's 7 pm in winter & I've to get home, it's scary just standing there. You feel like jumping into the first auto so that you can get home quickly!

Same yaar, when it's night all you want is to come back home anyhow, I've seen how transport is very much auto dependent in Delhi Nagpur etc,there you can not niptick ki auto me kaun hai,dimag me ye hota h kaise bas Ghar reach Kar Jaye. 

Our parents are there to give instructions on safety and that's out of concern, but as a MP that's not her job she should strive to increase safety in public transport na ki preach to a girl who must be traumatised and healing right now. Also aise aur Kya Kya na Kare?Life jeena hi chor de? Edited by Pemberleydreams - 6 years ago
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
W*F

Why didnt she advise men in the auto to keep women comfortable instead ?

That said thank god i didnt face such situations though i travel alone from airport to home(hyderabad) which is 30 kms away at midnights taking cab after international travellings...though i stay alert and keep presence of mind through out...in such situations what should anyone can do ?wait for mrs kirron kher sending a special cab for me  as a preventive care?😕