Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 6 years ago
And no.. the girl is not to be blamed.. its a precaution which girls should take cuz the world is littered with animals
Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
These previlage politicians never aware public transport and sharing auto that as mode of transportation where thr is less pubic vechicle option.Edited by Bazigar - 6 years ago
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Arre..  Everyone knows this is precaution...  But it should never ever come from an MP or MLA or Minister...  
They are responsible for law and order..   They should address questions ki -  how to improve public transport,  how to increase access to police,  need for registration of transport drivers,  safety apps or helpline,  quick arrests  etcetera 

Dadi maa wali advise dene ke liye sabke family mein log hain...  

This IS victim blaming...  Bec the first reaction is to always say 'ladki ki yeh nahin karna chahiye tha' ...  This is that blame mentality only...  No matter how nicely she tries to put it -  what she is essentially saying ki ladki ne aisa kiya isliye uske saath rape hua..  
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: theeki.mithai

And no.. the girl is not to be blamed.. its a precaution which girls should take cuz the world is littered with animals

Well then tame/cage/slaughter the animals .. 

I understand that the concern/precautionary advice is coming from a good place but one can't afford to be choosy while commuting through public transportation .. This may be a little hypocritical of me since in real life I do my best to restrict usage of public transportation by my mom/sis but sometimes there's no choice .."public " includes both "men" & "women" , so what good is a "public" transportation if it can't be freely used by the "public" .. 

When such advises are given by a public personality on a public platform , it sends out a wrong message .. We will of course take all the precautions that we can but that will be done at an individual/personal level ... Things at macro level needs to be handled a little differently - if at all we hope to see any changes in the near future .. This is so effing frustrating ! .. 
Edited by --Pro.vo.King-- - 6 years ago
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Do girls or in fact anyone take shared auto regularly in India with people u don't already know? That's a quite weird thing for me

And honestly she gave this advice from the POV of a mother and simply telling other girl's to take more precautions cz there r so many predators lurking around that it's insane to take such a risk

My home country is Sri Lanka and in most places there I'd never take such a risk of even getting in to an empty auto after nightfall.
As opposed to My present place of UAE I'd feel safe to take a taxi even at 3 am all alone
So yah considering we can't stop these assholes from raping we should be more careful and don't take such risks
cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
she could have spoken about public transport regulation, and how to improve a situation, instead of that she chose to talk about the obvious which every girl is aware of am sure no girl would gladly sit there in a Rickshaw with unknown men unless it was out of some kind of majburi 
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: --Pro.vo.King--

Well then tame/cage/slaughter the animals .. 

I understand that the concern/precautionary advice is coming from a good place but one can't afford to be choosy while commuting through public transportation .. This may be a little hypocritical of me since in real life I do my best to restrict usage of public transportation by my mom/sis but sometimes there's no choice .."public " includes both "men" & "women" , so what good is a "public" transportation if it can't be freely used by the "public" .. 

When such advises are given by a public personality on a public platform , it sends out a wrong message .. We will of course take all the precautions that we can but that will be done at an individual/personal level ... Things at macro level needs to be handled a little differently - if at all we hope to see any changes in the near future .. This is so effing frustrating ! .. 

No two doubts about caging and slaughtering.. However, most unfortunately these animals are in guise of humans so ya.. caging all of them would be difficult.
I agree its frustrating but given the times we live in, it has become a requirement.. does the world need to change? yes.. Should laws be changed? yes.. but till that happens its up to you to do what little you can.. if you read her full statement.. you do kinda get where she is coming from

--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

Do girls or in fact anyone take shared auto regularly in India with people u don't already know? That's a quite weird thing for me

And honestly she gave this advice from the POV of a mother and simply telling other girl's to take more precautions cz there r so many predators lurking around that it's insane to take such a risk

Yes they do .. And it is a very common thing here .. Given India's population & how a large chunk of it depends on public transportation , it is a very common thing here .. Which is why Kiron Kher's unsolicited advice was totally uncalled for .. A girl commuting through public transportation can't wait for a private jet to pick her up , she will take whatever she gets ..

Kiron should have saved her Mother's POV for where it really matters & not blurted it out on a public platform sending out a wrong message ..
Eggon_Snow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Pathetic piece of shit woman who does not know the realities of life that regular women face everyday is lecturing and passing judgement from her priveleged vantage point. Might as well prohibit women frkm venturing out and put us behind purdah cause that for sure stops rapes.
Repulsive mindset
maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: princessunara

My home country is Sri Lanka and in most places there I'd never take such a risk of even getting in to an empty auto after nightfall.
As opposed to My present place of UAE I'd feel safe to take a taxi even at 3 am all alone
So yah considering we can't stop these assholes from raping we should be more careful and don't take such risks

Yeah I travel in autos with 3 men regularly. Especially when I leave office, it's mostly men around and there is no bus stop nearby, so that's the only affordable option to go to the station. It's pretty common in Mumbai. And I feel more comfortable in a sharing auto rather than being alone with the driver. If I followed Kirron's advice of not travelling with male passengers I would never reach home lol.