Home away... Sid Makkar aka Satyakam

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

Home away...

Sid Makkar aka Satyakam of Betiyaan lives on the sets, literally!

Back to Section Stories

Ranjib Mazumder

Home sweet home: Sid Makkar
Sid Makkar aka Satyakam has found a new home on the sets of Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaan. Since the actor gets a little time to go home and rest, he has decided to shift his base at the shooting venue instead.

Sid says, "We are shooting day and night at the Filmcity Studio for the last couple of weeks. Usually, I start shooting at around 1 am and finish around 7 am. Then, again I have to shoot in the afternoon. I stay near Malabar Hills and it takes at least one-and-a-half hour to reach home and exactly the same time to come back on the sets. I can barely sleep for two hours. It was taking a toll on my health. The best option for me was to stay back on the sets and get my sleep. The make-up room has become my second home now. I am happy since I don't need to bother about the traffic any more"

The actor now carries an extra bag to the sets. "I carry a bag which has my extra pair of clothes, brush, body wash and the entire daily utility stuff," says Sid.

The actor further adds, "Obviously, I won't get the comforts of my home on the sets. Every morning, one crew member or the other creates a ruckus, awakening me from my sleep. Moreover, there are jumbo mosquitoes hovering all around. So, I make sure to keep mosquito repellents in the room."