Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Divya1608 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Roxelana

About love part it is written by a very famous greek historian who was contemporary with him (google books as the source though I forgot the book's name), I didn't make that part, loving someone and being in love both are very different things. Well we can never judge anyone's emotions and certainly not of dead people.😆

well in books porus did lose the battle but facts go against it. It's just a theory.

About porus's parents well surely he had parents but the particular names are not mentioned anywhere.  And it is nowhere return his mother was akhand bharat freak,it was chanakya.😆😊

About research, well dear never believe serials and their so called research. All historical serials till date are fictional except ndtv's chandragupta maurya and dd's chanakya. Even these serials had fictional elements.

I never write anything without properly going through the facts of history. You chose to not believe me and I am fine with that. ðŸ˜Š No matter what this serial tries to show patriotism which I really like.

Well !  I believe you. The original history of india has been distorted by British to show India id zero in everything.  To show, india was uncivilized, no culture, even our religion, beliefs and language is borrowed from others. The same goes with Greek like Europeans to show white suprimacy. They were not ready to digest the fact that India was far superior than western countries in every way. I read about this pora winning possibilities some time ago. Here is the link
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2012/08/02/king-porus-defeat-of-alexander-at-the-battle-of-the-hydaspes-jhelum-n-s-rajaram/amp/&ved=0ahUKEwio9aXUoOHXAhUUS48KHfKsCAcQFghFMAQ&usg=AOvVaw2UiW9bH_hyQ7aPrlRCfIQR&ampcf=1
  Now, even Indians are not ready to accept it even it is shown with proof. That is the mentality created by British. This is the fact, truth. 
  By the way , i agree indian tv serials are far from historical facts. Just to gain TRP. For eg, isint it Gandhar raj which Ambiraj ruled where Taxila is its capital?

Mayavi-26 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Tfs facts I dint know that anusuya and bamni are fiction characters. But some text it's mention porus  lost battle  to alexender, no texts anywhere is giving  correct information  every text has written different facts don't know now sid  tiwari is following which one.
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
80 percent of the world accepts that Porus was defeated by Alexander. Had Dhanananda fought with Alexander he would win. But he refused
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: darkwarrior200

80 percent of the world accepts that Porus was defeated by Alexander. Had Dhanananda fought with Alexander he would win. But he refused

Had 80% world believed that they would have shown this in the movie Alexander which was made by US. Why did they end it with the battle happening and Alexander fleeing (and not showing any conclusion) when they showed him winning all the other wars

The Greek sources say that Alexander won but the circumstantial evidences show that probably Alexander lost so this is still not a conclusive fact
MeowMori thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Okay I'm liking this show but I feel they should have stuck to history and show Puru as being older to Alexander. 
There are a lot of older actors who can attract audience till now and many of them could have played Porus without being too unattractive with respect to Rohit "Alexander" Purohit.
This being said, I like Lakshya as an actor and not doubting his acting skills. 
More than Casting ,the thing that bugs me more than anything than the culturally distinctly South India cultural presence in the intro sequence to Porus' Kingdom. 
Porus ruled in Punjab and many of the art forms like Kathakali and Bharatnatyam,  as shown in the intro scene,  weren't even born in 320 BC,  let alone being prevalent in Punjab. 
Major W*F moment and typical Swastik Goof up. 
MeowMori thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

@FlauntPessimism,precisely.They couldn't have shown a middle aged protagonist fighting a younger and more attractive opponent.Moroever by selecting a young actor for Porus they would be able to attract the youth audience too.

By making both Porus and Alexander of the same age they got themselves two handsome and attractive faces to promote the show.Afterall nowadays jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai😆😉

Moroever I guess this was also done because they wanted to show Porus and Alexander's journey parallely and this couldn't have been possible if Porus had been elder to Alex.

Yeah CGM was not exactly a kid.More like a teenager I guess when he worked for Alexander's army.

Laksh looks younger than Rohit FYI😉
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Like many chose to blive here tht indian serials cant show anything right. I gave them the same answer what I'll tell here - CHOICE

The people investing money in this serial the same way The movie Alexander's makers invested in theirs. They showed what they wanted to. Doesn't make them right just bcos they are from U.S 🤣
N i dont even have to say this. 80% of the world does choose to blive tht Alexander won and the discussion ends there only. Why he didn't conquer India if he won, His army abandoned him, what happened then, the inside stories, hardly anyone discusses that.

And you r talking about Bharatnatyam n kathakali shown ? Hell no one raised questions on how so many women were shown playing sitars in 350 BC

Regarding Laksh looking younger than Rohit. Well there is a 12 year age gap in reality.
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna99NB

Laksh looks younger than Rohit FYI😉

Looks younger??😲 He is 12 years younger to Rohit FYI😉😆 Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 6 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: darkwarrior200

Like many chose to blive here tht indian serials cant show anything right. I gave them the same answer what I'll tell here - CHOICE

The people investing money in this serial the same way The movie Alexander's makers invested in theirs. They showed what they wanted to. Doesn't make them right just bcos they are from U.S 🤣
N i dont even have to say this. 80% of the world does choose to blive tht Alexander won and the discussion ends there only. Why he didn't conquer India if he won, His army abandoned him, what happened then, the inside stories, hardly anyone discusses that.

And you r talking about Bharatnatyam n kathakali shown ? Hell no one raised questions on how so many women were shown playing sitars in 350 BC

Regarding Laksh looking younger than Rohit. Well there is a 12 year age gap in reality.

This very fact is a reason of doubt 
How could the own army of the greatest general of all times abandon him? And if they did then he definitely was not a great general (forget greatest) I mentioned Alexander movie not because I thought it to be more authentic but because unlike us the makers of that movie did not have a patriotic bias plus they were making a movie on Alexander not on Porus to avoid showing him lose

It's not about what 80% people believe it's abou5 what 51% historians believe and they do say that the result of the war is still unknown
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Its true his army did abandon him. They refused to fight more.
As for the 51% of what historians blive. 6/10 of them are in disputes regarding to what was historically correct n what was not. Here thats besides the point. But then just like a historian, a director/ producer is choosing to show what he believes is the right version. Atleast the prime facts.