Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
@FlauntPessimism,precisely.They couldn't have shown a middle aged protagonist fighting a younger and more attractive opponent.Moroever by selecting a young actor for Porus they would be able to attract the youth audience too.
By making both Porus and Alexander of the same age they got themselves two handsome and attractive faces to promote the show.Afterall nowadays jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

Moroever I guess this was also done because they wanted to show Porus and Alexander's journey parallely and this couldn't have been possible if Porus had been elder to Alex.

Yeah CGM was not exactly a kid.More like a teenager I guess when he worked for Alexander's army.

Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 6 years ago
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

@Meself,Yo Pitaji!!๐Ÿ˜Ž

Remember me??๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†Knew I would find you over here๐Ÿค—

P.S.So you finally watched GOT??Can't tell you how happy I am to see Jonerys in your siggyโค๏ธ

Yo Putri. Well anything historical and I am drawn to it, now am I not?

Well I did binge watch GoT and I still maintain that it is a overhyped stuff. But Jonaerys got me, so did Tyrion, Olenna and Brienne of Tarth. Please let her and Jamie be the end game. Cersei can die for all I care.๐Ÿ˜†
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meself

Yo Putri. Well anything historical and I am drawn to it, now am I not?

Well I did binge watch GoT and I still maintain that it is a overhyped stuff. But Jonaerys got me, so did Tyrion, Olenna and Brienne of Tarth. Please let her and Jamie be the end game. Cersei can die for all I care.๐Ÿ˜†

Well Jonerys,Braime,Tyrion and Olenna Tyrell??? Now wonder I love you๐Ÿค—
Meself thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

@FlauntPessimism,precisely.They couldn't have shown a middle aged protagonist fighting a younger and more attractive opponent.Moroever by selecting a young actor for Porus they would be able to attract the youth audience too.

By making both Porus and Alexander of the same age they got themselves two handsome and attractive faces to promote the show.Afterall nowadays jo dikhta hai wahi bikta hai๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

Moroever I guess this was also done because they wanted to show Porus and Alexander's journey parallely and this couldn't have been possible if Porus had been elder to Alex.

Yeah CGM was not exactly a kid.More like a teenager I guess when he worked for Alexander's army.

Chandragupta Maurya was probably a 16-17 year old young man back then. Because he was married to Durdhara at 18-19 and was the king of Magadha at the age of 22-23. And Porus/Parvatkar was dead by the time he came on throne but Malayketu was an ally. In fact it is mentioned that Yavanas/Greeks formed a part of his army that overthrew the Nanda Dynasty 
Meself thumbnail
P.S. I can't be the only one pissed with Olympias's sneak-peek. I mean I agree she was a devout of Dyonisus cult and followed Oprphic Greek Polytheism madly but seriously dancing with the snakes? Dude that is Plutarch's cheap thrill fantasy. Why did they have to show that? 

Also I am no fan of Orphic tradition of Greek Polytheism. It showed my favorites Hades and Persephone in such bad light. I hope Praxidike is taking note of this. I call upon Persephone Praxidike Cthonoia to take care of Baba Tewary and Co.๐Ÿคฃ
Melkor thumbnail

P.S. I can't be the only one pissed with Olympias's sneak-peek. I mean I agree she was a devout of Dyonisus cult and followed Oprphic Greek Polytheism madly but seriously dancing with the snakes? Dude that is Plutarch's cheap thrill fantasy. Why did they have to show that? 

Also I am no fan of Orphic tradition of Greek Polytheism. It showed my favorites Hades and Persephone in such bad light. I hope Praxidike is taking note of this. I call upon Persephone Praxidike Cthonoia to take care of Baba Tewary and Co.๐Ÿคฃ

Yeh ITV hai Pitaji ๐Ÿคฃ
Yahaan Natakiya Rupantar naam ka jhaadu dikhake Persephone Praxidike Cthonoia toh kya Kronos ko bhi bhaga denge yeh log๐Ÿคฃ

Anyway after all my previous experiences with historical fictions on ITV I have grown immune to all sorts of avashyak and uchit natakiya rupantar ๐Ÿ˜†

SidT,all his distortions aside,always makes entertaining shows unlike Contiloe Baba and Ekta Maiyya.So I have decided that I will watch its as long as it's entertaining and finite,fangirl the actors,drool over the male ones,ship the romantic pairs,have masti on the forum and go to sleep๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Baaki ka aap dekhlo!!๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by --BlackSheep-- - 6 years ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

That's true Shivi but with Siddharth Tiwari after SPK I didn't have much expectations on the correct portrayal. They wash the title character with Tide to give Chamak and for the anti character they make every possible effort to despise them 

You don't get disappointed when you don't expect a lot
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Can anyone here give me some reference to good books on Porus
I haven't found any 
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

In most versions that I have read Malayketu was the son of Parvatak and he was contemporary to Chandragupta Maurya making Porus a generation elder but if we go by this show then Chandragupta n Porus should be of the same age.

I am a bit confused

CGM was a kid when Alex and Porus fought (historically)
by the time CGM grew up n became King, alex had died, and CGM faced Seleucus Nicator.
darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Chandragupta Maurya was probably a 16-17 year old young man back then. Because he was married to Durdhara at 18-19 and was the king of Magadha at the age of 22-23. And Porus/Parvatkar was dead by the time he came on throne but Malayketu was an ally. In fact it is mentioned that Yavanas/Greeks formed a part of his army that overthrew the Nanda Dynasty 

@bold...The Greeks became his ally AFTER he defeated Dhanananda. CGM was married off to Nicator's daughter by Chanakya.