Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

darkwarrior200 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Meself

P.S. I can't be the only one pissed with Olympias's sneak-peek. I mean I agree she was a devout of Dyonisus cult and followed Oprphic Greek Polytheism madly but seriously dancing with the snakes? Dude that is Plutarch's cheap thrill fantasy. Why did they have to show that? 

Also I am no fan of Orphic tradition of Greek Polytheism. It showed my favorites Hades and Persephone in such bad light. I hope Praxidike is taking note of this. I call upon Persephone Praxidike Cthonoia to take care of Baba Tewary and Co.🤣

Infact i was happy with Olympias's sneak peak, i didnt expect Sameksha to do so well maybe thats why😆

Yes she was a devout of the Dyonisus cult n infact the snake supplier too🤣 hence the army of snakes😆

infact it is said tht Philip was so put off and 'divorced' her after he saw her sleeping with so many snakes🤣
Edited by darkwarrior200 - 6 years ago
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: darkwarrior200

Infact i was happy with Olympias's sneak peak, i didnt expect Sameksha to do so well maybe thats why😆

Yes she was a devout of the Dyonisus cult n infact the snake supplier too🤣 hence the army of snakes😆

infact it is said tht Philip was so put off and 'divorced' her after he saw her sleeping with so many snakes🤣

I am supposed to feel bad for Olympias but after reading about it I felt bad for poor Philip instead ðŸ¤£
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Is it I never knew about it
I think then Chanakya would have got the idea of Vish Kanya after hearing the stories of Olympia
darkwarrior200 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Is it I never knew about it

I think then Chanakya would have got the idea of Vish Kanya after hearing the stories of Olympia

hahahaha, tht was chanakya's invention only. ðŸ¤£
darkwarrior200 thumbnail

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

I am supposed to feel bad for Olympias but after reading about it I felt bad for poor Philip instead ðŸ¤£

hahhahaha🤣
Melkor thumbnail
Has anyone seen the movie Alexander??? I had not read about Olympias when I saw that movie for the first time which is why I freaked out when I saw Angelina Jolie playing with those snakes in the movie😆😆
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: --BlackSheep--

Has anyone seen the movie Alexander??? I had not read about Olympias when I saw that movie for the first time which is why I freaked out when I saw Angelina Jolie playing with those snakes in the movie😆😆

Even in that movie theu showed this

I have watched but don't remember it clearly
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Even in that movie theu showed this

I have watched but don't remember it clearly

Yeah they showed her fiddling with snakes in that movie.
Except those were real ones and the ones we have over here are VFX waale saanp😆
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: darkwarrior200

@bold...The Greeks became his ally AFTER he defeated Dhanananda. CGM was married off to Nicator's daughter by Chanakya.

Indeed. This proves that action in Magadha for the fall of Nandas was going simultaneously with the political utha-patak in Punjab region.
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Orphism is a sub-sect of Greek Polytheism. The central deity here is Dyonisus or Bacchus.(Son of Zeus and Semele)  Sometimes identified as Zagreus (the son of Hades and Persephone, though in Orphic tradition he is believed to be the son of Persephone and Zeus). This cult worshipped mystic elements and the sacred symbols of this cult was snake, asphodel and egg. Every devout Orphic kept these symbols in their residence and boudoir. 

Philip II Macedon had met Polyxena when they were both initiated into the orgiastic cult. Prior to her marriage to Philip she changed her name to Myrtale. After her marriage to Philip and his win in the Olympic games she was known as Olympias. She was an extremely jealous and power hungry woman. It was her perpetual craving for power that ultimately drove a wedge between Philip and her. The final nail in the coffin was when Philip married Cleopatra later known as Eurydice. She went into a self exile taking her son Alexander with him and manipulated the young child. She made him believe that it was Zeus and not Philip who was his father, thereby making him a demi-god. And as one it was both his duty and right to rule the world. In 336 B.C. she had Philip  
assassinated and established Alexander on the throne of Macedonia. Not only this she eliminated Eurydice  and her children and came to be known as Stratonice. 

Plutarch in his biography makes many suggestions about Olympias and associates them all with her orgiastic cult; which is not completely true. The Orphic Cult, from what I have read was kind of looked down upon and hence I personally believe that Olympias was scrutinised a bit more harshly on her actions.  
Edited by Meself - 6 years ago