Turkish Drama Recommendations

Donna2Harvey thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hello guys, 
I am looking for Turkish dramas to watch. I just started a bomb ass show only to discover that only the first two episodes were subtitled. So, here are my conditions for the kind of drama I like to watch (I am super picky, I know): 
1. Genre= romance 
2. Rich hero/ poor heroine (not the other way around please)
3. Completed subtitles (I know these dramas are long but I like to watch the whole thing. I have already added the ones on netflix to my list but those are too few IMO)

Thank you in advance. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Amulya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
You wouldn't be able to find subs for more than very few Turkish dramas... Ask Laftan Anlamaz would fit in your list, it isn't that great but you don't have options when you can't understand the language and need subs
Kara Para Ask is a good one for romance but rich girl poor boy (it really doesn't matter as both are self-sufficient) trope

Generally Turkish dramas aren't subbed as both the show and episodes are too long, even if they get subbed the subbers make them available only on paid sites
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I saw these series with subs.. but i watched them back in the day so no idea if the subs are till available

Asi - love/hate done like no other. My favourite!
Ask Yeniden - adorable rom com with a baby 
Gunesin Kizlari - there is quite a lot of romance but it also touches on psychological issues
Bizim Hikaye (currently airing) - LOVE LOVE IT!! (its an adaption of UK's shameless)
Ask Ve Ceza 

Others you can check out - Kiralik Ask, Dolunay, Atesbocegi, Ask Laftan Anlamaz
Donna2Harvey thumbnail

Originally posted by: BinKuchKahe.

I saw these series with subs.. but i watched them back in the day so no idea if the subs are till available

Asi - love/hate done like no other. My favourite!
 I have heard this from quite a few people. To be watched for now. 

Ask Yeniden - adorable rom com with a baby 
I love the premise. sadly, I can't find any subtitles beyond the first episode. HELP!!!!

Gunesin Kizlari - there is quite a lot of romance but it also touches on psychological issues
 Is the main couple the mom & her new husband? I am not quite sure from the synopsis. 

Bizim Hikaye (currently airing) - LOVE LOVE IT!! (its an adaption of UK's shameless)
I started watching it. I didn't really enjoy shamless (it was okay-ish). the turkish version is a slow burn. Burak Deniz is HOT so I am keeping up to see if the storyline picks up.

Ask Ve Ceza 
Currently on my netflix watch list. Netflix has some turkish shows but they are really shitty. There's one called love is in the air (I think) where a woman becomes a wet nurse after her baby dies and I am not kidding when I say it's worse than an Ekta kapoor show. But Ask ve ceza sounds promising (atleast from the trailer) 
One the other hand, turkish movie selection on netflix is quite good. I also found some korean film remakes in turkish.

Others you can check out - Kiralik Ask
currently watching. I started being indifferent about the show, then I began to love it somewhere around ep 17 and now I am starting to hate omer. never though I would say this but that boy is too selfish & patriarchal. let Defne work! (I am on ep 38 btw)

Dolunay
currently watching. I wish I had left the show until everything was subtitled. now I am way too curious to wait. I love the main couple so far. I just skip the other randos. 

Atesbocegi
IDK. I am not sold. If I run out of things this will be the alternative. 

Ask Laftan Anlamaz
just finished a few days ago. unlike the previous comment, I loved this show to bits. I know it was like a telenovela of the nth order but I don't give a hoot. I skipped all the nonsense to focus on murat & hayat scenes. Would watch it again. 

Thank you so much for your recommendations
dont mind my rants. I may sound critical of the shows but I watch them all the same. 

sidenote: I would love to see subs for Relationship status: complicated (the remake of korean full house) but I can't find them anywhere. 

Edited by Donna2Harvey - 6 years ago
--Amulya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Sammy, I desperately searched everywhere for Ask Yeniden's english subs but couldn't find, help needed!!
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: Donna2Harvey

Thank you so much for your recommendations
dont mind my rants. I may sound critical of the shows but I watch them all the same. 

sidenote: I would love to see subs for Relationship status: complicated (the remake of korean full house) but I can't find them anywhere. 

Just curious.. was your previous UN DonnaHarvey?
Check out Fatmagul season 1 also.. the romance there is a slow burn but it is so damn good. Even Kara sevda is good. They don't quite correspond to the kind of shows you want, but the romance is good. 
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: --Amulya--

Hey Sammy, I desperately searched everywhere for Ask Yeniden's english subs but couldn't find, help needed!!

Its no longer available unfortunately
But if I do find them, I'll let you know. 
Donna2Harvey thumbnail
@sammy (I hope that's your name) yes, my previous name was DonnaHarvey. I quit the forum for some time & my account died in the meantime so I had to make a new one.
I do watch non-Romance shows 😆 and with Turkish drama it isn't as though we are spoiled for choice. Hmm I wound up dropping love for rent & found the Urdu dubbed version of relationship status: complicated but it was the exact scene to scene copy of full house so I dropped it. But if you haven't seen full house in a while it may work for you.
I am hesitating with fatmagul cause it's a rape story & I don't handle those well. I get too mad at the screen
For now, love or punishment is my new favourite. It's older (2010-11). The background music is so shitty I want to mute my tv every time it comes on but the story is so good and so far no over the top makjang stuff so I look forward to every episode. Highly recommend.
I will check out asi now that you've given a stellar review
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Sorry for butting in, but what is a good site to watch Ask-i-memnu? with eng subtitles I've looked but can't find any good linksEdited by Tani91 - 6 years ago
giripriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
I started watching Turkish Dramas with 

1. Ask Laftan Anlamaz
Actors Burack Deniz and Hande Ercel 

I got addicted and watched these serials below.

2. Dolunay
Cam Yaman and Ozge Gurel

3. Kiraz Mevsimi
Serkan Cayogluand Ozge Gurel

4. Hayatinim Aski 
Serkan Cayoglu and Hande Dogandemir

5. Seviyor Sevimiyor 
Gokhan Alkan and Zeynep Camci  

6. Kalp Atisi
Gokhan Alkan and Oyku Karayel

7. Atesbocegi
Sekin zdemir and Nilay Deniz