PreeRan TS - Shayad **Part 2 on page 2** COMPLETED

Serial_Fan90 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hey guys,

What a waste of a day! No PreeRan today. So , I decided to pen down something. It has been written in haste. Please be kind.
😛
Also, this is a TWO SHOT!

Enjoy reading
Love
Mish

-----
She checked her watch for the umpteenth time that night. It was 10:40pm. He should have landed by now and done with the formalities.
Karan Luthra had been away from Mumbai for close to 2 months touring England. Team had done exceedingly well and they were expected to land today. He had boarded his flight early morning from London and then courtesy transit halts and losing time he was to land only late night.
It was also her 25th birthday today !
She knew he was caught up but she had secretly harboured the hope that he would wish her. They had been together for almost 6 months post their stadium confession. Roughly 6 months with Karan and she couldn't imagine her life with any other man. He challenged her , he annoyed her , he confused her but above all he loved her. Irrevocably loved her! He was not grand with his gestures. She loved that about him. She loved how his love shown through simple gestures.

He made sure he dropped her home everytime she was running late. He would come meet her mum and dadi even if she wasn't there. He shared a beautiful bond with all the people who were close to her. It was no pretence on his part , he genuinely loved her family. He was just the perfect guy ! The perfect match for her.

Her phone and she picked up knowing who was calling her!

' Hey!'
' Hi ! Landed ?'
' We landed an hour ago. Just finished with immigration and customs. Finally seated in car and heading home", he sighed through the phone

He was tired.
"Thak gaye?", she asked him.
" Haan thoda. Early Morning flight and then itna lamba transit halt. Mujhe sirf mera mattress yaad aa raha hai", he said as he stifled a yawn.

Preeta smiled at his childish antics that only he could get away with.

" Listen , tum kal aa rahi ho na ghar", he asked her.
" Haan , kal I'll be there for the first half"

" just first half ? Lunch ke baad Kya plan hai?", he asked confused

" Woh bataya tha tumhe, I consult with a hospital on Tuesday afternoons", she told him.

' Oh haan. That Vedant multi-speciality hospital. Dinner tomorrow ?", he asked her

" Theek hai. I'll be done by 6 pm. Uske baad let me know Kya plan hai", she told him wondering if she should let him know that it is her birthday. She had told him repeatedly about her birthday and he remembered till day before. Maybe dinner tomorrow was a surprise for her!

' Done deal. I'll hang up and maa ko Bata deta Hun ki I'm on my way. I love you", he muttered in the phone.

"Me too! ", she said and hung up.

She reached Luthra house at dot 9am. She made her way to Karan's room steadily and found him sleeping. She stepped out of the room and headed to Dadi . Dadi was ecstatic to have her favourite grandson return after months and told how they had surprised him with a party last night. They all had managed to sleep only around 2am.

She had deliberately taken extra half an hour with dadi today. Stepping out she casually glanced in Karan's room and still found him sound asleep. She whiled more time in the house talking to everyone , including Kareena bua. It was 1215 and she had to head to the hospital.

It was 2:30 when she heard her phone ring.
'Hi", she said
" Hey, why didn't you wake me up when you came to the house ?", he said lazily
" I came to your room but you were sleeping so peacefully. I waited till about 1215 aur phir main nikal gayi", she informed him
" Damn. Alarm chala hi nahn. But we are on for the dinner plan right?", he asked
" Haan. I'll be done by 6pm. You come over. Aaj maa aur dadi ko kisi kirtan mein jaana hai aur Srishti ka event hai.", she told him.
" Perfect. I'll be there at 7pm to pick you up. Taiyaar rehna ", he smiled into the phone.

Did he have something planned for him? Karan wasn't the kinds to forget dates. He loved celebrating life and occasions. She smiled to herself excited what was planned for her in the evening.

She checked her reflection in the full length mirror for the third time. She liked this outfit. It was 7pm and Karan was going to be here any moment. She quickly checked the her purse making sure she had the keys and her phone.
She sat on the sofa outside browsing channels on TV. It was 7:30pm. It was unlike Karan to be late! May be he got caught up with someone at home. He did have lots of people at home.

8pm! Now she was worried. She called on his phone and no one picked up. She called up 15 minutes later and again got no response. She was almost on verge of a panic attack.
9pm and with no other alternative left she called up Rishab
' what a pleasant surprise Preetaji aaj aapne call kiya ", Rishab told her.
" Hello Rishabji. Woh hum roz ghar pe mil hi lete hain. ", she answered
" I was only joking Preetaji. Bataiye koi kaam tha?", he asked

How could she ask about Karan without raising suspicion. She wasn't very good at thinking on her feet.

" Ah! Woh mere pass Karan ki purani shoulder injury ki report padi thi. Maine socha ki update Le leti hun aur file bhi kar dungi", she lied

" oh ! Magar mere pass koi update nahn hai. Why don't you speak to Karan", he asked her

" Wahi! I was calling him and couldn't get through. Socha aap se puch leti hun", she continued hoping he would give her a concrete answer.
' Karan ghar par toh nahn hai. Actually aaj uski press conference thi. Usko bhi lunch pe hi pata chala. He must be there. I'll ask him to call you once he gets back home." Rishan answered.

Preeta thanked him and hung up the phone. So he was busy. A part of Preeta was upset that he didn't bother telling her about it but the other part reasoned that he would be here as soon as possible. He must have not known that press conference would take so much time.

She called him again and again and again. Tears sprung to her eyes. She was tired and frustrated and angry. By 11pm , she had changed in to her night clothes. At 1115pm her phone showed a twitter notification #KaranLuthraCelebrates . She checked the tweet and found that he was at some posh club partying and celebrating the series win.

She tried his number one last time at 1130pm and then went to sleep. She had turned off the lights in the house. She stayed on her bed , crying. Her insecurities that she had worked so hard on we're back to haunt her. They were poles apart. They belonged to two different worlds. He was outgoing , popular and she was shy and felt out of place.

She had tried her best to be an ideal girl friend. She respected his profession , his space , his life. She had done all the adjusting she could. She woke up at 2am to receive his calls. It was hard ! If she was honest to her self it was getting harder. She wanted a normal relationship. This was far from normal. They didn't go out to eat fearing paparazzi would catch them. One time to they went for a movie , Karan had to walk out rather run out half way through the movie because of a small mob of over enthusiastic fans.

All they did right now was talk over the phone. Rather she wait for his call. It was as if she had made all the space to accommodate him and he had made no effort. This clandestine relationship was taking a toll on her! It made her wonder if really could do this? Was she strong enough to see this through?

She fiddled with the gold chain and the small heart pendant that adorned her neck. It was something Karan had gifted her before leaving for England. She needed time to think!

She needed to clear her head and think it through! Handling complicated emotionally mess was never her thing ! She wasn't as stoic as everyone assumed her to be.

At 1230am , she heard the bell ring. Maa and dadi had returned a lot sooner than expected, she thought to herself.
She opened to door and found Karan standing there.

" Sorry babe! I missed you", he said as he stepped and hugged her.

She wasn't sure of she wanted to hug him back.
He took in her appearance and said," you changed into night already. Quickly get dressed we are heading out."

" Karan, I'm tired. Let's do this dinner tomorrow.", she told him wanting him to leave.

" what tired? We will be back by 2am. I promise", he told her flippantly.

Pent up anger and frustration was rising and Preeta didn't want any showdown today.
" Karan please. Let's dine tomorrow. I have back to back appointments tomorrow", she told him a little sternly.

" Kya yaar? Take a day off tomorrow. Bol do na you are not well", he said.

That was enough ! It was one thing taking her casually but also her profession.

" Karan , mera surname Arora hai Luthra nahn. We have to work for a living", she said.

Karan wasn't expecting this as a reply and stepped towards her. She held her hand out.
" Karan, Maine kaha na let's talk tomorrow. I want you to leave today. ", she said devoid of any emotions.

" I'm not leaving.", he said and sat on the couch.

" I said leave. I don't want you in my house at 1230am.", she said holding back her tears.
" Maine aisa kya galat keh diya. All i said was that take a day off tomorrow. I want to spend time with my girlfriend.", he reasoned.
" well tumhari iss girlfriend ke pass time nahn hai. Na aaj aur na kal. ", she spat at him.
" Preeta, please yeh ghuma kar baatein mat Karo. Directly batao Kya baat hai?", he asked standing up and facing her.

"Really ? Tumhe idea bhi nahn hai ki Kya baat hai. Karan we were to meet up at 7pm for dinner and you come to my house at 1230am. Five and a half hours late", she told him.

" Preeta, its not as if I was partying away to glory. Meri kuch social obligations hain. I have to fulfil those. I couldn't get out of that press conference and I had to attend the party after that. I came as fast as I could", he told her.

" Tum Woh party tab bhi attend karte agar Luthra house main kuch function hota. Of course not ! Tab tumhein kuch bahana yaad aa jaata", she told him with tears clouding her eyes.

" Preeta , you are over reacting. I'm here right now. ", he told her
" I'm not over reacting Karan. I'm just reacting. Karan tumne kabi mujhe prioritise kiya hai. Nahn ! Dinner ka plan you made. You decided that it would be post 12 because you weren't free. Why am
I expected to be at your beck and call? Preeta aaj I'm free , cancel your appointment let's meet up. Preeta aaj I have some work let's meet up later. Preeta I'm in London so pick up my damn phone when I call you at 3am. Kyonki Preeta toh kar legi. I'm not your back up , im your girl friend.", she said as tears ran down.

" Preeta. You know you are not my back up. Tum mere liye priority ho. I remember you all the time", He reasoned with her.

She went to the kitchen and that piece of cake that she had saved for the last two days she threw in the bin.
" Karan, kam se kam Apne aap se sach bolo. You forgot my birthday dammit! It was 2 days ago. You were so hung up with your victory, your party at home , your press conference. Tum bhool gaye ki mera ek birthday tha", she looked at him with tears flowing

" oh god ! Shit. I'm so sorry Preeta.", he stepped towards her.

" please ruk jaao. Karan , I want you to leave.", she told as she wiped her tears.

" Preeta...", he said
" I said leave Karan. I can't do this today. I'm not sure I can do this anymore", she told him as she removed the necklace from around her neck and put in on the table.
" Preeta , pls meri baat suno...", he tried once more as he stood near the door.

" Karan. Jaao! Don't make me do or say something I will regret later", she said as she closed the door on his face.

She slumped in defeat to the floor and cried. All her pent up emotions came crying out. Karan stood outside the door and could hear her sobs.
Never had he felt so helpless or so angry with himself !

He had hurt her! He had hurt the person he loved the most !

Edited by Serial_Fan90 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

taarey25 thumbnail
NUMBER 1
AMAZING CONTINUE SOON 
Sheherezade thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is awwweeesooomeee! Absolutely brilliant! Where do you get these unique concepts from? ;)
I wish I could be like preeta. NO MEANS NO. I can never do this.
Anyway, pleeeaaase update soon. Can't wait for the next part. You're ❤️
Abhi1393 thumbnail
This was so relatable! Lovely writing and the way you make Preeta a strong character is commendable! Please please please please please update soon! Can't wait to find out how Mr. Luthra makes it up to his girl for this blunder!!!
Mahaali2905 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wow its really amazing loved it beautiful Ts
MafiaQueen17 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Oh it's so heart touching
poor preeta
countinue soon
waiting for the next part
Serial_Fan90 thumbnail
Hey guys,

I'm not going to make you wait any longer.
Wishing you all a very happy Deepawali. Hope it brings you prosperity and peace.

I will be on a break for about 10 days so will be able to write only post that.

Please leave your comments and feedback. It fuels me to write more.

Thank you all so much and lots of
Mish !

-----
Part 2

She woke up next day and messaged dadi at Luthra house saying she was not keeping well. She wanted to spend the day with her mum and dadi. She just wanted a day to herself. A day to just unwind. A day that had nothing to do with Karan Luthra. She switched off her phone and headed to help her mum in the kitchen.

She half expected Karan to call on the landline or maybe even land at her doorstep. But he respected her wishes , and let her be the entire day. By night , she was in a far clearer frame of mind. Yes, it was a difficult relationship , yes they were going to fight but it was her staunch belief that their love would scale these obstacles.

She was going to go to Luthra house tomorrow and speak to that crazy man!
She got up the next day and hurried to Luthra house.

She asked Harish , Karan's driver as soon as she stepped in," Karan sir Kamre mein hai?"

" Nahn. Karan sir toh kal ghar nahn aaye", saying this he left for the parking

What? Why didn't Karan get home last night ? Was he ok?

She saw Rishab descending the stairs and asked him," Rishabji Namaste. Karan kahan hai?"

" Hello Preetaji. Matlab uss careless ladke be aapko apni shoulder injury ki reports nahn bheji. Actually woh parson party ke baad ghar nahn aaya. He is at his friend's place, Rahul ke ghar. I had spoken to him today. Should I speak to him?", he asked

" Nahn thank you Rishabji. I'll get the reports from him when I meet him", she thanked him and headed to Dadi's room.

She pulled her phone out and dialled Karan's number.

"Hi!", he said with hesitation
" Kahan ho Tum?", she asked him.

" woh main Rahul ke ghar pe hun.", he answered
" Karan, Tum ghar hi nahn aaye. At least drop a message", she countered

" I just needed a little time out to think. Kal main seedha Rahul ke ghar aa gaya.", he told her tired
" Tum theek toh hona ", she asked concerned.
" Haan I'm ok. Can we meet today?", he asked slightly uncertain.

" mujhe bhi tumse baat Karni hai", she told him.

" Theek hai. Can you come to Rahul's house for lunch. I'll ask Harish to get you here.", he told her.

" Nahn. Message me the address I'll be there", she said

" Please Preeta. Let's not argue over everything. I'll tell Harish to get you here", he added sternly.

" Ok. I'll be done here by 12. Uske baad I'll come with Harish", she informed him.

" ok. Main Harish ko Bol deta hun. Chalo see you", Karan added.

She put the phone down. There something awfully wrong with Karan's voice. He sounded defeated and tired. Something you didn't associate with Karan Luthra. Was she completely responsible for his current frame of mind?

She wanted to run to him! She just wanted to engulf him in a hug!

At exact 12 she went to the parking of Luthra house and found Harish waiting for her. Within 30 minutes she had reached Rahul's house.

She took a deep breath as she stood outside 301, Belvedere Towers. She rang the bell and within a second Karan had opened the door.

She took in his disheveled appearance. He was in his training lowers and some worn out tshirt. She stepped inside and he shut the door.

She turned around and saw him tentatively eye her. He raked his hand through his disheveled hair not knowing how to proceed.

" Tum theek ho?" , Preeta asked him.

" Haan aur Tum?", he asked rooted to the spot he stood at.

" Theek hun. Tum kal ghar nahn aaye?", she asked him.
He gestured her to sit on the chair. She sat down and asked him again," Maine kuch pucha Karan?"

" Haan! I wasn't just In a frame of mind to go home. Thoda time chahye tha akele. Just wanted to re evaluate everything", he told her tired. She could make out that he had not slept well last night.

She got up from her chair and hugged him tightly.
" Tum theek toh ho", she asked hugging him.
" Ab theek hun", he said as he burrowed his face in her hair. It felt like home!

"I'm really Sorry Preeta", he mumbled as he hugged tighter.

"Karan...", she broke the hug to stare at him.

"Shh. Let me talk today Preeta, please ", he said as he put a finger on her lips.

He held her hand and made her sit on the sofa and kneeled infront of her holding her hand.

" Preeta, you are not my back up plan. You can never be my back up plan. You are my world. You are right in the centre of my world. I never thought I'd be like this in love. Hell, I scoffed at the idea of love", he told her.

" Preeta , mera bus chale toh id like to keep miles away from my tarnished fake world. You are my most prized possession and I can't imagine anything hurt you", he told her earnestly taking her face in his hands.

" Preeta , if I make you a part of my world and introduce you to every media house there will be no going back. Humara naam judd jayega. I'd be the most fortunate man to have you by my side always but then uska price tumhe chukana padega. I can't do that to you.", he explained her.

" everytime I lift that bat I thank god for giving me the opportunity to play and for sending you to my life. You are this phenomenon jisne meri zindagi Badal di hai. How can you even thing ki Tum ek back up plan ho? Tum toh meri zindagi ki best laid plan ho ", he smiled at her tenderly.

Preeta was overwhelmed. She knew she had blown the fuse that night. It was also partly her fault and it hurt her to see him like this.

" Karan, all I meant that night was that I want to matter in your life and may be have you express that a little. I know you love me. Tumhe baar baat yeh kehne ki jarurat nahn hai", she told him as she kneeled down on the floor with him.

" Preeta , I'm glad you expressed what you felt that night. Preeta being with me is not going to be easy. I know you didn't sign up for something as complicated as this. Preeta agar humein survive karna hai toh we need to communicate. Tumhe kuch bother kar raha hai toh let me know. Dammit scream and let it out. Don't let it pile up", he pleaded.

" Done deal. Agli baar I spot a picture of you with another girl, I'll call you immediately and scream", she smiled trying to lighten the mood.

" you know that means nothing. All those things are trivial. All that matters is right infront of me right now. I love you Miss. Preeta Arora. More than you can ever know", he told as he held out his hand.

" I love you too Mr. Karan Luthra. Even if I'm screaming it doesn't change the fact that I adore you", she said put her hands in his hands.

He pulled her close and put his lips on hers, sealing the promise of love.

" I always have a surprise for you", he told her as he lead her to the dining room.
There lay a small home baked cake in the centre.
" I baked it for you. My maiden attempt. Batting baking se jyada aasan hai", he murmured.

Preeta smiled and cut the cake.
" This is actually good Karan. Well done. Maiden attempt pe clean bowled nahn hue ", she said as tasted the cake.

" Happy birthday Miss. Kareli. Thank you for making my world not so bitter ", he fed her the cake.

" and this is your gift ", he said as he handed her an envelope.

She opened the envelope and was shocked. He had bought he flat , the flat they were having a cake in. He had bought the flat in her name.

" absolutely not Karan. I'm not accepting this. This is crazy", she said as she vigorously shook her head

" Preeta this is more for me than you. I want to be able to spend time with you without looking over my shoulder always. I want to watch a movie with you , holding your hand. I want to learn how to bake a better cake. ", he told her

" Magar Karan..."

" Preeta , trust me sirf mera selfish interest hai. I just want to make sure I get to spend sometime with you.", he pleaded.

" Karan, this is too much. Mere naam par kyun?", she asked tracing her finger on the deed.

" because Preeta you are my home. A home I always want to come back to", saying this Karan Luthra captured her lips once again!

Edited by Serial_Fan90 - 6 years ago
Sheherezade thumbnail
DEAD... I don't have that ability to explain how beautiful this story is. Take a bow babe. I am just in love with your stories. They are too much addictive
Abhi1393 thumbnail
This far exceeded my expectations! The way he makes up to his lady love is so beautiful! His gestures are subtle yet grand! Amazing! And the way you write is so beautiful!
Lolchiku thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hmmm so to be honest girl it reminded me of my ex and so maybe i couldn't connect that much or maybe didnt want but yeah u have got great writing skills👏