Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SanFrangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: octaverider

Lizzie, I have to ask.  Is your favourite character Elizabeth Swann of POTC by any chance???

No Octaverider I think she means Elizabeth Bennett of Pride and Prejudice. :) 
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Is Lizzie Bennet from P&P..
I have not been able to watch even a single POTC movie...
octaverider thumbnail

That Elizabeth Bennet!  I should've guessed.  That was a powerful character written by my favourite Jane Austen. 

Anyways, thanks for the clarification girls. 😊
Edited by octaverider - 6 years ago
bookworm123 thumbnail

Just a series of scenes based on the  promo and precap..

Zubia was seated next to Khajista's prone form.

Bahadur had been arrested but Khajista was still shackled by the events of her life. As Zubia took in Khajista's countenance, lying lifeless on the hospital bed without hope, she was reminded once again of her darkest moments...those memories which she had pushed to the back of her mind were once again dominating her thoughts..

She sighed..

She knew from her own experience that Khajista had a long road ahead, wasn't she still trudging along on her own journey? She had found her happy place in this beautiful mountainous region, made so many new friends, fell in love with HIM...

Her eyes filled with tears..she remembered his smile at Dr. Asfiya's place as he informed them about Bahadur's arrest...at that moment she felt they were alone in that room and he could see through her impassive face...like he knew how much this meant to her and was comforting her...

She felt she was unraveling before him these past few days..his searching glances seeking to decipher her innermost thoughts, the hurt in his eyes...sometimes the temptation to walk over to his cabin and share everything with him was so strong that she had to dig her nails into her palms to stop herself.

She was avoiding Lubna aunty, unable to meet her after her lies of omission...she wanted to break down in front of Lubna aunty who reminded her of her khala..tired of keeping these secrets...

She felt so alone, consumed by her thoughts...Rehan bhai why did you leave me all alone to face the world? You said I was like your child, don't you miss me?

Asfand walked out of his house with Zubia's id card in his hand...his mind bursting with thoughts. He had no destination in mind, restless for some fresh air to calm his mind..

He did not know yet what this meant..Zubia was the girl he saved from Rameez, it was ZUBIA, how could that be?? That scoundrel Rameez and his beautiful, innocent, sober Zubia ..oh Zubia what does this mean?

While his thinking brain was yet to understand what this meant, his emotions had leaped ahead...he felt something akin to hope..like he was finally close to getting some answers..the dejection and gloom he felt when Zubia labeled their feelings as infatuation lifting...

Was such a coincidence possible? Unless, it was no coincidence...they were always meant to meet like this.

He looked around to realize that he had walked towards her mess. He debated making up an excuse and calling her out to talk to him right now but decided against it, it was not appropriate at this time  of the night.

He walked instead to the hospital and his cabin..Turned on his computer and pulled up her detailed application form..

There it was, the name of her  college and year of passing just as it was in the ID card on his table. He kept looking at her application, not sure what he hoped to find...scrolled down to the family details section to find the names of parents. He frowned, her mother seemed to have passed away just shortly before their fateful encounter. He felt this was important, not sure why...

Zubia walked quickly to Asfand's cabin. Her phone call with Geiti playing on her mind.  She had said that Asfand was acting strange...she did not know what she intended to say to him..all she knew was that she could not bear to see him upset..she wanted to thank him on behalf of Khajista..she was so cold to him yesterday at Dr.Sheroze's place...oh why didn't I thank him at their house yesterday..

She knocked and went in only to find that he was not in.  She was about to turn back and leave when her eyes fell upon something on his desk..she picked it up

Was that?? Oh my god...that was her FSC id card...how..what was it doing here? She remembered that she had to get a new id card when she returned to college, as though the ignominy of being ignored by everyone at college was not enough..

Her hands dropped it on the floor as if burned and she stumbled on her way out of his cabin...as she walked out, she heard someone calling out to her but nothing registered...she had to get away before he returned...her breath hitching in panic at that prospect...her brisk walk turning into a run as she exited the hospital. She kept walking, uncaring of the muddy rainwater soaking her shoes and salwar..the cold breeze hitting her uncovered head...

She had to get away...

Edited by bookworm123 - 6 years ago
bookworm123 thumbnail

Continued from above..

Zubia sat shivering by the waterside..tears streaming down her face unchecked...

Tears she had not allowed herself to shed since she came to this beautiful place..her tears turned to sobs which racked her body...

Would she ever outrun her past? Why did that one mistake have to poison every meaningful relationship in her life??

Ammi, why did you leave me? Why didn't you stop me from wandering? Why were you not there to encourage me as I stayed up at nights to study during medical college? Why didn't you stop Rehan bhai, when he threw me out in the middle of the night?

Oh God, I stayed away from Asfand...I held myself back and did not give in...is this how you reward me? How can I face him now? What if he looks at me with mistrust...and Geiti, Lubna aunty..oh...how can I face them again...I don't have the strength to face this again..why did you give me all this respect if only it had to be snatched back?...Isn't it enough that Rehan bhai does not care for me? How can I bear it if Asfand also .. wave after wave of sobs racked her body...

What was your plan for me, God?? Why did you forsake me?

Finally spent, she looked around listlessly...

She did not know for how long she sat there but was suddenly jolted from her thoughts by a voice...she looked down to the left where there were a few small huts ...a girl of about 12 was washing clothes along with an older woman who looked like her mother...a man and a younger boy sat a short distance away from them with plates in front of them...once again she heard the man's voice.."Come on, give us food now...when will you and your daughter do things on time. Your brother has come back all tired from school and you cannot even give him his food on time. What do you do all day at home" ?

Something shifted in her mind as she observed them...she had a feeling God had just answered her...

She sat up straight ...she was Dr.Zubiya Khalil, she had topped her class in medical college..she had delivered a baby with hardly any medical equipment...Khajista relied on her, the children of her school would be waiting for her... ...and what about Rehan bhai? He did not live up to any of their expectations..neither ammi's expectations of studies, nor abbi's expectations,  he did not take care of me...I don't know how he sleeps at night but  her conscience was clear...she had cared for her abbi and was at peace about his death...

She stood up and drew her shawl around her...nothing had changed but she felt as though everything had...

Asfand I don't know what you will think of me..if you really love me, you will understand me...if you are who I love, you will. If you don't then it won't matter to me because then you would not be the man I fell in love with..

She walked back towards the hospital...

Continued on page 16..not just after this but a scene post their wedding.

fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
OMG, absolutely amazing, thank you my dear Lizzy for writing this, so beautiful, waiting for more scenes, loved it so much. a big hug to you 🤗
Alizba63 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

She sat up straight ...she was Dr.Zubiya Khalil, she had topped her class in medical college..she had delivered a baby with hardly any medical equipment...Khajista relied on her, the children of her school would be waiting for... ...and what about Rehan bhai? He did not live up to any of their expectations..neither Ammi's expectations of studies, nor Abbi's expectations,  nor did he take care of me...I don't know how he sleeps at night but  her conscience was clear...she had cared for her abbi and was at peace about his death...

She stood up and drew her shawl around her...nothing had changed but she felt as though everything had...

Asfand I don't know what you will think of me..if you really love me, you will understand me...if you are who I love, you will. If you don't then it won't matter to me because then you would not be the man I fell in love with..

She walked back towards the hospital...

[/QUOTE]
Very well written...this is the part I'd like to highlight...Zubiya's self evaluation about herself and others. I'm glad she knows her brother isn't worth a dime and she is worth a lot! Also I loved her thoughts on Asfi. If he is how zubi thinks him to be and understands her that's great and if he isn't who she thought he is...that's okay too. I need this scene in the drama ❤️
The whole internal thinking on her part is amazing...they need to show this!
Edited by Alizba63 - 6 years ago
SanFrangirl thumbnail
Oh how heart-warming was that Lizzie! This is what should happen. Our lovely, non-filmy heroine deserves this ending. 
Loved the  pheonix rising from the ashes moment. Who needs a man to validate you when you have your conscience rooting for you?

The amazing thing is that if I think about whatever you have been expressing on this IF thread, I can so very well see where this story is coming from. I guess this is as much praise for the story as praise for the person you are!

Loved it! Love you!
octaverider thumbnail

This.  So much this.

I am just amazed at the talent in writing that this forum has.

You guys continuously blow my mind with your insights.

Loved it.  Please write more soon.
bookworm123 thumbnail
Thank you ladies for your lovely words of appreciation and encouragement...

So many people are writing and writing so so well it is difficult to feel motivated to write as you need to present a new angle

Inspiration came in the form of  a few vms and I just sat down and typed it out...glad you guys enjoyed reading...