A scene after their wedding - updated on page 16

bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

In the precap that aired along with episode 26, there was a shot of Zubia when she was in Asfi's cabin. She was not angry but looked so vulnerable and on the verge of tears. That shot inspired this. I have been waiting for Asfi to see her emotions, she has held herself together till now in front of him..

Zubia knocked and entered Asfand's cabin.

Asfand looked up and smiled (something that seemed to happen to him automatically these days around her).

Zubia who was normally subdued burst out "Your mother is asking me for my Khala's address and wants to meet her!" She came to an abrupt half after that because she was reluctant to say why..

Asfand smiled even more at her reluctance. "Baba asked her to meet your Khala and respectfully ask for you to become her daughter in law. She was so eager that she was willing  to forgo all formalities and bring you home right away." After a pause he added "Not that I had a problem with that approach" and smiled even wider. While saying that he requested her to sit with a wave of his hand but she remained standing.

Zubia was taken aback by his boldness and momentarily speechless. These days she was nervous about meeting him because she did not know when he would say something discomfiting, which seemed to be almost every time they spoke..

She usually stayed unresponsive but this time she had no option. Goaded by the fear and shame that gripped her when Lubna aunty asked for her Khala's address, she said rather sharply..".I am not joking, I have come to talk to you about a serious matter and I want you to take me seriously!"

The smile on his lips died at her tone and he finally registered her agitated countenance. He looked at her intently and stayed quiet, letting her have her say.

"I..I don't think my Khala needs to meet anyone as there is no need to to..talk  to her about ..marriage" she fumbled and got it out. Before her courage could desert her under his intense gaze, she took a deep breath and said "I don't intend to marry, main shadi karna hi nahin chahti"

"Mein shadi karna hi nahin chahti." Those words rang sharply in the room.

She held onto her tears with great difficulty and willed them to retreat. There were a hundred questions in Asfand's mind and a hundred things he wanted to say to her. She looked so distraught, he had never seen her this way...

As he got up to approach her, the door opened and Dr. Sheroze entered. He must have knocked but they were so lost in their conversation they missed hearing his knock..

He composed his features with difficulty and looked at him enquiringly. Zubia turned away and left the room after a brief and mumbled greeting to Dr. Sheroze.

He looked at her departing form till he could see her no more, his mind full of questions. He looked up to  find that Dr. Sheroze  had been watching him.  Oh! He was so lost he had not acknowledged Dr. Sheroze nor had he asked him to sit. He composed himself, ignored his enquiring and penetrating looks and gestured for him to sit. His face was a mask but in his mind his thoughts were all jumbled up, he was feeling very restless..he wanted to go after her and talk to her..

Part 2 on page 2

Part 3 on page 5

Part 4 on page 7

Part 5 on page 8

Part 6 on page 11

Scenes based on episode 29 precap on page 15

A scene after marriage on page 16

Please be kind, I hardly ever write!

Edited by bookworm123 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Anya. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Wow good one yar continue karo zubiya k confession tak le k jao
Push-pull thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Beautiful.. Just one moment of eye share between them a lot transpires in that.. That's what makes them all the more special.. You have done a nice work.. Do continue.. Need something to calm down till Wednesday..😳
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Please continue. Beautifully written!
farahs_6 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Anya.

Wow good one yar continue karo zubiya k confession tak le k jao

ThankGod Anya..tum confession tak keh kar ruk gayi,,..uske aagay tak nahi gayi 🤣🤣

Edited by farahs_6 - 6 years ago
farahs_6 thumbnail
@bookworm beautiful OS.. I think you should definitely continue
masooma98 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This was so beautifully written! Please do continue :)Edited by masooma98 - 6 years ago
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
❤️beautiful 
Plz cont
.Anya. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: farahs_6

ThankGod Anya..tum confession tak keh kar ruk gayi,,..uske aagay tak nahi gayi 🤣🤣

Confession tak le jao baki ludo star k match to chalte rahengy😆😉
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Continued from page 1

Finally! They were done with the staff meeting. Asfand could feel Dr. Sheroze and Dr. Asfa's subtle but curious stares at him. He was probably even more brusque than his usual self this time.

Zubia was seated opposite him and looked at him blankly during the meeting as though everything was perfectly normal. He was not fooled anymore by her seemingly composed demeanor.  Just an hour ago, she looked so fragile, ready to break. The memory of it made him clench his jaw, restless for some privacy so he could talk to her.

Zubia walked towards her room in the mess after her late evening shift. The grueling hospital routine which had been a blessed distraction till now no longer offered her it's protection. Waves of sadness enveloped her. Marriage to Dr. Asfandyar...her foolish heart leaped with joy when his mother proposed it but that feeling was quickly chased away by fear...it was so difficult to steel herself to walk away from their home after making some excuses,it felt more like home than her's ever had. Would she be able to return to it ever again?

If that was difficult, the conversation in his office was an even bigger ordeal. She should have kept her distance ever since that car ride, but he had become so attentive and caring towards her. He made her feel safe, cherished, desired..she was powerless to resist. She respected him so much, he was standing up for his long dead brother's respect and her brother could not be bothered to lift a finger for his little sister's respect,a sister who was alive and alone in this world.  That thought once again highlighted the stark difference between them. No, they could never be together.  

Lost in her thoughts, she did not notice that Asfand was waiting at the end of the parking lot and had been watching her. She was startled when he approached her and said "I will walk you home, we need to talk"

She was completely unprepared to face him in this state. She turned away and said "no, it's not far, it's not necessary" to which he replied firmly "yes, it's not but it's necessary".

Since she could not argue with him when he was in such a mood, she focused on calming her emotions, it was important for her to stay as emotionless as possible.

They walked in silence in the increasing darkness which came quickly to this beautiful mountainous region, the sound of birds the only sound punctuating it.

Suddenly he stopped and faced her.

"Zubia, what are your feelings for me?", he asked her in a clear voice. She sighed, she should have expected this directness from him, it was one of the things she admired about him.

Forcing herself to meet his eyes and speak in an even tone she said "I have a lot of respect for you and everyone in your family, I am sure you know that".

"Tell me you don't want to marry me", he said.

"I do not want to get married", she responded.

"I did not ask you whether you wanted to get married. Look me in the eye and tell me you do not want to marry me", he insisted.

"This conversation is making me uncomfortable", she said, hoping he would relent. "I am sorry but I need your answer", he said, not sounding sorry at all.

When she did not respond, he removed his glasses and looked at her intently. She tried to look away but could not.

"Zubia, I am sure you know how I feel about you. I don't know when exactly things changed between us but for quite some time now, I have been thinking about you all the time.  I..I don't know if I admire you more or adore you more.."

When she gestured to stop him from continuing, he said "No, hear me out. I want to take care of you and make you happy. I know my family and I will be very happy if you become part of our family"

She tried to hold them back, but her tears would not be held back at his honest  words.

Taking her hand in his, he asked her "Zubia, what is it? Tell me, don't cry like this".  She tried to tear her hand away from his grasp and move away from him to compose herself but he would not let her. He held her hand gently, but firmly preventing her from leaving.

"Zubia, I know this is not one-sided, I know you care about me. You have to tell me what is bothering you"

"Please, I want to go. I don't want to discuss this anymore", she implored, tears falling freely now.

"Ok, ok, Don't cry". He released her hand, reached into his pocket for his handkerchief. "Here wipe your tears". After a pause in which she wiped her face with trembling fingers he said "come on, I will walk you to your mess". When she tried to protest he said " I will not talk about this right now but I need to drop you home. I don't want you to walk alone in such a state"

They  walked on in silence till they reached her gate. She moved forward to open the gate when he called out from behind  "Zubia".  She looked up  and their eyes met. "This conversation is not over. I am sure you know that"

Breaking eye contact, she wordlessly opened her gate and walked ahead while he turned away and walked in the other direction.

Part 3 continued on page 5

Edited by bookworm123 - 6 years ago