Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
Lars Von Trier, no matter what a visionary filmmaker he is - I always had an iffy gut feeling about the man. Something about his portrayal of women felt predatory and dirty. 
I'm torn about JLaw. First things first, credit to her for speaking up. I wish she spoke about Harvey Weinstein too, and what she had to do for her Oscar. But it could open a bigger can of worms. Plus a naked line-up with many victims is easier to admit that being forced to have sex. Plus knowing Harvey's reputation - the story could be embellished. 

Skeet Ulrich is another person I have respect for now. No mental gymnastics like Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. Admitted that he knew about Weinstein and was too concerned with his career to say anything. It is so easy to point fingers, but so difficult to admit to being part of the problem. I just have more respect for people who own up. Its a rare and difficult thing to do. 
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
^^For me JLaw's is the only instance where I don't feel much respect because she seems to have conveniently hopped onto the abuse bandwagon--- And her actual, real rumours are about Weinstein buying her Oscar for her. Whatever sexual coercion was present, she went along with it for the sake of her career-- Yes. But why doesn't she address THOSE rumours? All the other women spoke about their degradation, feeling of utter pity & depression; I've a lot of respect for Argento because she admits she went back to him & had a a consensual relationship with him!!! Probably to gain control. Lot of abuse victims live that way.
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

^^For me JLaw's is the only instance where I don't feel much respect because she seems to have conveniently hopped onto the abuse bandwagon--- And her actual, real rumours are about Weinstein buying her Oscar for her. Whatever sexual coercion was present, she went along with it for the sake of her career-- Yes. But why doesn't she address THOSE rumours? All the other women spoke about their degradation, feeling of utter pity & depression; I've a lot of respect for Argento because she admits she went back to him & had a a consensual relationship with him!!! Probably to gain control. Lot of abuse victims live that way.

I agree about JLaw. Blake Lively too I suspect . At one time she was on Forbes list for most influential, wearing Marchesa (brand of Harvey's wife who he has threatened several female celebrities like Felicity Huffman to wear). Blake Lively did not have the talent like Law, she was on a flop show but somehow she became this IT girl. All Harvey and favors IMO. Georgiana and Harvey apparently had a scratch my back, your back agreement.  

Happy Diwali MEB ! May Rakshahs like Harvey in HW and BW be rooted out.
^^To you too, JM! Los of luck & happiness to you & your dear ones. 🤗

I completely agree about BL!!! That's like an open secret now so don't suspect. Lol. She absolutely was used horribly by him & I found it hilarious how circuitous she was about the subject!! She's one of the biggest Weinstein Winners ever in terms of where he put her, she would never have reached there otherwise! Even Reynolds won't speak about it then since they all know.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Blake Lively did not have the talent like Law, she was on a flop show but somehow she became this IT girl. 

Blake Lively on a flop show? 

Wasn't Gossip Girl a mega-hit. It is one of the most iconic show of the 2000's. 

Not questioning the rest, but Gossip Girl being labeled flop stuck out. 
pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

^^Not surprised at all. There are BIs about her too (that's his MO it was revealed) that she's gay. Idk if she is or isn't, but he even went after Cara Delvigne who is open & honestly gay & she said he made her kiss a woman &'then made her work out. YUUCCK

Made her work out? What does it mean?
^^It wasn't a credible show at all. And I am a 90% sure that she has been with Weinstein since years. She was rumoured to be very very very strongly. The biggest BI that stuck in my head is how Weinstein had a 3some with her & a colleague where he did degrading things to her. Also paid For her boob-job. She was adamant on getting with Reynolds & kept telling her friends to swear to secrecy that none of her past dalliances, serious, fling, affair & all the sleeping around for work, should not be revealed to him. IDK how he would not know but that's what all the BIs said.
MBW: Ha ha no I meant to say make out! He then made her kiss that woman & make out/kiss him. He's a horrible horrible evil man & his just desserts all the more sweet for all the pain & powerlessness he made everyone feel. To be kicked out of the Motion Picture Academy is a massive massive deal!!!! Though Hw is also just patting themselves on the back with his ouster. There are too many Weinsteins there & in BW. Far more in BW though they'll never be revealed. There are Weinsteins in actors too, producers & distributors. Who ALL will you fight & for how long?!??
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

^^Yep obviously that's why these heavyweights are waiting on speaking on about Harvey. They're all perpetrators of such abuse on a lower-scale & isnt DeNiro the one who has been called out on having gfs much much younger than him.. They all knew. They all knew & all kept quiet for the sake of their careers. It's disgusting that I understand. That I nod my head & say, "but of course they would." THIS is what we've been drawn to. This is what we've been reduced to-- To believe this is a victory. To believe that this normal. To nod our heads & hang them in understanding & shame.

If all the women are of legal age then Robert DeNiro having girlfriend's much younger than himself is not abuse. 

People may not like it but it is not illegal. 

Unless you have a source he has been with underage girls. 
^^I was linking Deniro's shady behaviour with his GFs which has been the subject of innumerable BIs over the years & his silence over Weinstein who he has been professionally involved with for years & years.

His GFs are decades younger to him. Where did I accuse him of indulging in paedophilia. He's 70+ , GFs are usually college age- late 20s, IIRC. That's extremely shady even though it's legal.