Hollywood as male-dominated as BW

Posted: 6 years ago
I don't know how much people here keep up with HW but Harvey Weinstein, a major power player who used to be with Miramax and later his own Weinstein Company, known for getting Oscars for his movies, was just fired. 

NY Times reported about his sexual harassment of various women including actresses like Ashley Judd. He had to pay off 8 women prior to this but it was all hidden. 

Now there is news that NY Times was going to report on him TEN YEARS AGO and Matt Damon and Russel Crowe personally called them to try to kill the story. Weinstein Company was also spending a lot of on the ad budget there. It died.

(Actresses like Jessica Chastain are tweeting how heart-breaking it is to get the Matt Damon/Russel Crowe news)

10 years later, it finally got reported and they are reaching out to all the big male actors/producers and NOT A SINGLE ONE will give any comments. 

This is how they protect their own. And I don't think BW is any different. Not just in things like sexual harassment but in everything. 

Edited by anonymous39 - 6 years ago

Meryl Streep slams 'disgraceful' Harvey Weinstein over sexual abuse allegations

'Not everybody knew about these offences,' says the Hollywood star

Click to follow
The Independent Culture
harvey-weinstein-meryl-streep.jpg Abuse of power: Weinstein alongside Streep Getty

Meryl Streep has called Harvey Weinstein "disgraceful over the sexual harassment allegations made against the Hollywood producer. 

The Academy Award-winner issued a statement to The Huffington Post, revealing she was not aware of Weinstein's behaviour before the allegations were made public. 

Streep has collaborated with Weinstein on numerous projects, including August: Osage County and The Iron Lady, even once referring to him as a "God.

Weinstein has been accused of sexually harassing numerous women over the past few decades, the producer having reportedly paid eight individuals to keep the story quiet. 

Many critics, including Donald Trump Jnr, have been vocal about Hollywood not discussing the Weinstein situation. The Daily Beast even used an image of the producer with Streep for an article titled: "Hollywood's Loud Silence on Harvey Weinstein's Sexual Harassment Allegations.

Harvey Weinstein: his accusers

• 8 show all

Streep's full statement reads: "The disgraceful news about Harvey Weinstein has appalled those of us whose work he championed, and those whose good and worthy causes he supported. The intrepid women who raised their voices to expose this abuse are our heroes.

"One thing can be clarified. Not everybody knew. Harvey supported the work fiercely, was exasperating but respectful with me in our working relationship, and with many others with whom he worked professionally. 

"I didn't know about these other offences: I did not know about his financial settlements with actresses and colleagues; I did not know about his having meetings in his hotel room, his bathroom, or other inappropriate, coercive acts. And if everybody knew, I don't believe that all the investigative reporters in the entertainment and the hard news media would have neglected for decades to write about it.

"The behaviour is inexcusable but the abuse of power familiar. Each brave voice that is raised, heard and credited by our watchdog media will ultimately change the game.

Since the allegations were published, Weinstein has been fired from The Weinstein Company. They said: "His employment is terminated, effective immediately.

Edited by flameofdarkness - 6 years ago
And btw, everyone heard rumors about Harvey Weinstein and I'm sure his company knew. They're not firing him for being an abuser. They're firing him because we all found out. 

So disgusting.

And all the men are closing ranks trying to protect each other. ðŸ¤¢

At least the women are speaking out. In BW, even they would be protecting the abuser and lining up to benefit from it later. ðŸ¤¢
Originally posted by anonymous39

At least the women are speaking out. In BW, even they would be protecting the abuser and lining up to benefit from it later. ðŸ¤¢

Obviously but Anon, do you know that Kate Winslet is getting a lot of flak for speaking against Weinstein? because last month, she was under fire for awkwardly defending her decision to work with infamous pervs like Woody Allen and Roman Polanski!
So now she's looking like a hypocrite according to many 🤔
^But it's true. She was happily working with known rapists. A 4th woman has come out to say Polanski raped her just recently.

How do you excuse that but speak up now that the tide is turning against Weinstein? Now it's much easier to stand up when others have already done it.

I know people hate Lena Dunham and she's problematic but at least she speaks out loud without fear knowing that half the people will be gunning for her. Silence doesn't change anything.

That's partly why I support Kangana and all the noise she makes. And look at all these creeps writing open letters and whatnot about a personal situation they know nothing about. At least be dignified enough to step away and let them handle their own thing instead of ganging up like bullies.

Sienna Miller dumped from Robin Hood film 'because she'd make co-star Russell Crowe look old and fat'

HW sure is male dominated and the likes of Russel Crowe take full advantage of it.
No wonder their is so many people who're becoming crazy there.
Originally posted by anonymous39

^But it's true. She was happily working with known rapists. A 4th woman has come out to say Polanski raped her just recently.

How do you excuse that but speak up now that the tide is turning against Weinstein? Now it's much easier to stand up when others have already done it.

I know people hate Lena Dunham and she's problematic but at least she speaks out loud without fear knowing that half the people will be gunning for her. Silence doesn't change anything.

I don't know why people hate Lena? I loved her in Girls, she made that show and it is a fantastic show. Do they hate her only cos they don't find her pretty cos I see people making fun of her looks always  Edited by MrBiebersWifey. - 6 years ago
^Yeah, she's too ugly for them. They're personally offended that she keeps showing her naked body. As if she's forcing anyone to watch. 

Ugly, aunty, and psycho are always the first insults to be thrown at uppity women who forget their place. Kangu is dealing with that currently too. ðŸ˜† Apparently she is too ugly for Hrithik so he would never ever ever be with her. 
glad those women spoke up in hollywood... in bollywood, actresses themselves don't support another actress. yami gautam wrote this and got many likes on social media -

I am usually not very vocal on social media, but I am making an exception today, since as a woman, what I am seeing right now terrifies me.

This is concerning the matter surrounding two of the biggest stars in our industry. I have, fortunately, had the opportunity to work with one of them. However, I am not writing this as a co-star or even as a friend. I am writing this as a woman and a concerned citizen of the country, and I will try to get my point across as succinctly and as objectively as possible.

I am no legal expert. And I am not privy to the details of the case. I know what has been reported in the media, and I am all for good, honest reporting. However, somehow, the tussle has turned into a gender war, with a certain faction of the society having already declared the man guilty. People have presumed that since he is a man, he must be the guilty party, since that is how it has always been. Men have oppressed women in one way or another for centuries, and it's being presumed that it is the same in this case, too.

And that's dangerous. Whatever happened to innocent, until proven guilty? Whatever happened to letting the law take its own course? Yes, a lot of times, at least in this country, we have take to the streets to get justice. But that's not the case here. The police is investigating, and both the parties are privileged enough that they can represent themselves in court and fight this out legally. Sadly, our law and order is sort of classist, but let's not digress.

Here is why this vilification of a man based on make-believe evidence is dangerous. If the gender-card is allowed to take precedence over facts and objectivity, it will be a serious blow to the on-going efforts of getting women an equal standing with the opposite sex. If this baseless trial-by-media is allowed to continue, where one party has been presumed to be guilty, there is a good likelihood that people might lose faith in this equal-rights-for-all movement that has picked up momentum in India only in recent years.

I am not exonerating anyone here. I am also not suggesting malice by any one party. All I am saying is, let's not make it a fight between genders. Let's keep it a fight between two people who may or may not have corresponded in the past. Let the facts be unearthed and until then, let's reserve our judgements.

Just because this is a fight between a man and a woman does not mean it has to be a fight between genders. Making everything a gender issue can easily distract us from addressing legit sexist issues that plague our society.

^Yami is nothing but a chamchi lobbying for another movie.  Now that the way has been cleared by people like Farhan and Farah Khan, she can also jump in and get her 2 minutes of fame and some credit from the Roshans. 
Look at the what the industry did to Parveen Babi.