Problems with the show

Amanat284 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
So, I haven't been watching this show much but from my others who have, they told me that:
Nandini loses her baby because of Bindusara/Helena while Chandra has fathered another two kids with Helena. 

And apparently Chandra still says he loves Nandini even though he slept with Helena and had 2 kids with her...

I have questions for people who watch this show.

Is it disgusting that Chandra says he loves one woman and has no problems having kids with another? 

Helena is clearly an evil woman but does she deserve forgiveness for brainwashing a child to cause Nandini's miscarriage? 

Why is Chandra so incompetent he cannot figure out who murdered his unborn child and ruined Nandini's life? 

Why Nandini has no backbone and glorifies her husband and Bindsura?

Why Dharma is Nandini 2.0? 

Why Bindusara gets off the hook and isn't punished for what he did to his unborn half-sibling and Nandini? 

Why Ekta Kapoor thinks Nandini and Chandra's "love" story is the greatest thing since Gone with the wind? 

Why couldn't Chandra just be loyal to Nandini? 

If anyone wants a good love story, they should read Pride and Prejudice- the love between Darcy and Elizabeth is how it should be done.  If anyone else can recommend good and healthy love stories, please feel free too. Chandra- Nandini is not healthy and neither is Bindusara and Dharma. 

Chandra has no intelligence or morals to protect anyone innocent, he sleeps with woman he doesn't love because his priest tells him too. Nandini lacks integrity and does not take care of herself. Both of them lack wisdom and have shown no desire to reform and mature. So I can't ship this. 

What Chandra should have done is to kick Helena out and never slept with her. He forgave her murderer mother and allowed the two evil mother-daughter to stay in the palace. It is his fault too for what happened to Nandini. 
Edited by Amanat284 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The problem is concept of the show itself. How could the makers make a non existent love story without adding fictional nonsense. The couple didn't exist in history. It was never supposed to work. The reason the show even survived this long is due to rajat's popularity and the TV addicts who would see anything on TV.
Making Helen a villain worked in chakravartin but majority of people know about her true history and it looked creepy and foolish in this serial. Paramavtar Sri Krishna is twisted beyond any repair but still the essence of krishna's Divinity is present. This serial literally killed the soul of cgm. His whole character was turned into a mental ruler who cannot see anything beyond his wife who never did anything good to gain his attentions.
Edited by Roxelana - 6 years ago
From what I know by the plot of this serial Helena is blessing in disguise to magadha. Well first she helped this Chandra guy to defeat fake mahapadmanand (don't wanna insult the real king who was  a fierce persona) , got rid of dumb durdhara who would prove to be a disaster as chief queen, always made Chandra away from his dumbini because it's clear he cannot focus on anything if she is with him because he is too busy drooling over her. She took care of the empire in chandra's absence. Seriously, a child can write a better plot. It looks like villains are better people than protagonists because they are too busy being mahaan. Fictional historical dramas can work if plot is well developed and intricate, cn was jodha Akbar wanna be and ended up being a nightmare.Edited by Roxelana - 6 years ago
luxmi_1029 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
For me, the polygamy depicted in the show is a huge problem.  I don't watch the show regularly, and when I do it is for individual characterizations and pairings that are not the leads.  For example, with the leap the only pairing I took a real liking to was Dharma and Karthikey.  There story in the show has been innocent and sweet.  There scenes plus their bgm was always a relief to watch. 
myviewprem thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Amanat284

So, I haven't been watching this show much but from my others who have, they told me that:

Nandini loses her baby because of Bindusara/Helena while Chandra has fathered another two kids with Helena. 

And apparently Chandra still says he loves Nandini even though he slept with Helena and had 2 kids with her...

I have questions for people who watch this show.

Is it disgusting that Chandra says he loves one woman and has no problems having kids with another? 

This show is set in 300 BC where a emperor had many wives and had kids from many women even cocubbines and maids. Viewere must stop thinking from 21st century angle. If Chandra loves only nandini and having kids with helena is disgusting, i would say by that logic his marrying nandini is betrayal of dhurudhara and helena too. When he had already married two wives one for fathers money another for her greek army to win war why did he marry nandini also? Is that not betrayal of other wives loyalty?

Helena is clearly an evil woman but does she deserve forgiveness for brainwashing a child to cause Nandini's miscarriage? 

Yes, here i think Chandra is as much blamed as Helena. You cannot marry many wives and only love one wife and spend time only with your lover wife and only keep praising her at cost of others. Chandra even eloped on mini honeymoon with nandini when dhurudhara and bindusar were on death bed. Which husband does that? Having many wives is like having many kids. If a father only praise one child and ignore others or avoid others than same thing happen in house. 

Why is Chandra so incompetent he cannot figure out who murdered his unborn child and ruined Nandini's life? 

Thats how serial heros are shown

Why Nandini has no backbone and glorifies her husband and Bindsura?

Thats how serial heroines are 

Why Dharma is Nandini 2.0? 

Thats how serial heroines are 

Why Bindusara gets off the hook and isn't punished for what he did to his unborn half-sibling and Nandini? 

Lets see truth has not come out yet 

Why Ekta Kapoor thinks Nandini and Chandra's "love" story is the greatest thing since Gone with the wind? 

Why couldn't Chandra just be loyal to Nandini? 

If anyone wants a good love story, they should read Pride and Prejudice- the love between Darcy and Elizabeth is how it should be done.  If anyone else can recommend good and healthy love stories, please feel free too. Chandra- Nandini is not healthy and neither is Bindusara and Dharma. 

Chandra has no intelligence or morals to protect anyone innocent, he sleeps with woman he doesn't love because his priest tells him too. Nandini lacks integrity and does not take care of herself. Both of them lack wisdom and have shown no desire to reform and mature. So I can't ship this. 

What Chandra should have done is to kick Helena out and never slept with her. He forgave her murderer mother and allowed the two evil mother-daughter to stay in the palace. It is his fault too for what happened to Nandini. 

Frankly speaking chanakya would have killed cgm if he behaved this dumb. Chanakya cared for united India and his only goal was akhand Bharat. Cgm devoted his whole life for just one goal. Look how insulting cgm has become in this serial, so much so that it hurts my history heart. What the makers were thinking and I don't know how this show is even getting above 1 trps but guess if simar and bhagya saga can be successful anything can get trps on TV. 
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: Roxelana

Frankly speaking chanakya would have killed cgm if he behaved this dumb. Chanakya cared for united India and his only goal was akhand Bharat. Cgm devoted his whole life for just one goal. Look how insulting cgm has become in this serial, so much so that it hurts my history heart. What the makers were thinking and I don't know how this show is even getting above 1 trps but guess if simar and bhagya saga can be successful anything can get trps on TV. 

history and cgm is long gone

atleast give good story
MuguetDScorpion thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
The problem is that they made Chandra and Nandini's love story like Romeo and Juliet type. So you just wonder if Chandra loved Nandini so much why did he go to other women ? But the thing is that back then the kings had multiple wives and they all had special places and roles in their lives. It wasn't just like one was the favorite and rest were kachras. 
myviewprem thumbnail

Originally posted by: MuguetDScorpion

The problem is that they made Chandra and Nandini's love story like Romeo and Juliet type. So you just wonder if Chandra loved Nandini so much why did he go to other women ? But the thing is that back then the kings had multiple wives and they all had special places and roles in their lives. It wasn't just like one was the favorite and rest were kachras. 

According to me the biggest problem is this 

Whom does anyone love most in life - one who help him, care for him done something for him in need 

Dhurudhara cared for him all life fed him, married him, gave him her dads money to win war but chandra calls her friend and does not take care of her in crucial times like poisoning or death bed

Helena helped him with greek army to win wars, when he failed and would give up counselled him gave him strength took care of kingdom when required etcbut chandra treats her very indifferently  

But whom does chandra love? Nandiniii??(or even his family love her like moora, dadi, brother etc) But why? What did she do for him till date? She wanted to kill him in battle field, put poison in mehendi, cursed and abused him, wanted to hit knife when sleeping etc I do not understand till now why chandra love nandini?? Other than fact that she is his wife and beautiful to look at etc she has not done anything much for him reall y compared to dhurudhara and helena. But chandra considers dhurudhara friend and helena as liability and avoids both(even in death bed he ran off with nandii leaving dhurudhara alone). 

Taking care of bindusar etc to be honest in those times maids took care of princes rather than queens(even if mother was alive), anyways at age of 5 all princes went to gukul and returned only at age 15-18 then away from mom-dad. As per history bindusar was taken care of by his dai ma whom he considered as mother and listened to her words(not any step moms). and teaching weapons training chankya and chandra are more competent to teach bindusar than nandini. So there is no real strong reason for this mad love of chandra to nandini. Or nandini loving chandra her fathers killer too. Now which daughter shall truly love her fathers killer practically? None okkk to survive in chandras palace superficially they may act as if they love buttt in reality no girl shall love her fathers killer no matter how bad daddy dearest was to others. This love is not convincing.

Second issue is chandra ating like mad in love, he is emperor not majnu or romeo. He ignore his kids care and other wives or responsibility in nandini love. Which emperor or commoner do that? Even shah jahan who loved mumtaz(from childhood) came out of mourning in a year or two time. You cannot act like devdas and majnu when you have small kids to take care a kingdom to look after etc. Somewhere bindusar anger is correct, chandra never loved his mom or his children even alice his daughter, a father never ignore a daughter even if he do not care for sons. Only bindu is brave to tell that on chandras face. 

Edited by myviewprem - 6 years ago

Originally posted by: myviewprem

According to me the biggest problem is this 

Whom does anyone love most in life - one who help him, care for him done something for him in need 

Dhurudhara cared for him all life fed him, married him, gave him her dads money to win war but chandra calls her friend and does not take care of her in crucial times like poisoning or death bed

Helena helped him with greek army to win wars, when he failed and would give up counselled him gave him strength took care of kingdom when required etcbut chandra treats her very indifferently  

But whom does chandra love? Nandiniii??(or even his family love her like moora, dadi, brother etc) But why? What did she do for him till date? She wanted to kill him in battle field, put poison in mehendi, cursed and abused him, wanted to hit knife when sleeping etc I do not understand till now why chandra love nandini?? Other than fact that she is his wife and beautiful to look at etc she has not done anything much for him reall y compared to dhurudhara and helena. But chandra considers dhurudhara friend and helena as liability and avoids both(even in death bed he ran off with nandii leaving dhurudhara alone). 

Taking care of bindusar etc to be honest in those times maids took care of princes rather than queens(even if mother was alive), anyways at age of 5 all princes went to gukul and returned only at age 15-18 then away from mom-dad. As per history bindusar was taken care of by his dai ma whom he considered as mother and listened to her words(not any step moms). and teaching weapons training chankya and chandra are more competent to teach bindusar than nandini. So there is no real strong reason for this mad love of chandra to nandini. Or nandini loving chandra her fathers killer too. Now which daughter shall truly love her fathers killer practically? None okkk to survive in chandras palace superficially they may act as if they love buttt in reality no girl shall love her fathers killer no matter how bad daddy dearest was to others. This love is not convincing.

Second issue is chandra ating like mad in love, he is emperor not majnu or romeo. He ignore his kids care and other wives or responsibility in nandini love. Which emperor or commoner do that? Even shah jahan who loved mumtaz(from childhood) came out of mourning in a year or two time. You cannot act like devdas and majnu when you have small kids to take care a kingdom to look after etc. Somewhere bindusar anger is correct, chandra never loved his mom or his children even alice his daughter, a father never ignore a daughter even if he do not care for sons. Only bindu is brave to tell that on chandras face. 

The most funny thing is whatever Helena does ends up being good for the empire. Her bride swap will produce asoka in future while dumbini wants to stop the wedding. I don't watch the serial so forgive me if I am wrong.

Your post is great. You truly pointed out the biggest fault of the show and that is Chandra's mad love for dumbini and frankly speaking no one knows why he loves her. She is not even beautiful.
Edited by Roxelana - 6 years ago