Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angels11 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
All the Best guys. Sad that our show is shutting down but I heard good reviews about this show. Hope the CVs stick to their original story & dont come under the pressure of TRPs. From the time IPKKND1 shut down 8 PM slot has not been lucky for Star.

Anyway its your time to shine. All the Best 👍🏼
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
It's ironic the only show I was watching for the past 3yrs ends up on this slot

I hope though the pressure doesn't make them change the storyline and intended original story..
Anyway the feedback for this show must be fantastic for it to get the smack in the middle primetime slot..They deserve it! It's a very good show!
Guinea thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angels11

All the Best guys. Sad that our show is shutting down but I heard good reviews about this show. Hope the CVs stick to their original story & dont come under the pressure of TRPs. From the time IPKKND1 shut down 8 PM slot has not been lucky for Star.

Anyway its your time to shine. All the Best 👍🏼

That's not correct . We had Ek Hasina thi and then Siya ke ram at 8 pm , both did quiet well In trp , especially SKR which went Upto 2.5 . Edited by Guinea - 6 years ago
Guinea thumbnail
On topic ... Great news for the ph . They deserve it . 8 pm means more revenue for them from an advertising perspective .

The show has pretty much stayed on course so far and hope it stays the same at 8 pm too .
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I dont know what to feel about the slot shift. On one hand I can catch it in TV, but on the other hand it is the peak trp time and trp junta not sure how they will receive RKC. 
Ek Hasina Thi was the top class show in this slot, but then TRP pressure made that show shut shop in 8 months than the agreed one year. But yes EHT did went on to become a super hit show abroad, but 8 pm slot killed it prematurely. 

Tu Mera Hero that replaced EHT ran for about a year with decent TRPs and of course the show that truly succeeded in slot for SP was Siya Ke Ram which did top the slot timings and also gave good fight to all other shows in that slot. 

So yes the slot has lot of pressure. And I dont want story to be changed for this slot change making it into melodrama.
-Aniisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I've mixed feelings about the news 😔 8.00 pm slot is competitive dont want RKC to become a victim of TRP pressure
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
8 pm is more convenient for me to watch. But I hope they don't start melodramatising or changing the essence of the story for the sake of TRPs.
JJKKL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Is RKC moving to new time slot confirmed ? If the intention is to get better TRPs how will that happen ?

A genuine question. TRPs are from the so called "aunties" who prefer either mythology based series or Saas Bahu , Naagin drama. Where is all that in RKC ?

ALso won't this TRP janta like to watch from the beginning ?

I am really worried about RKC now.

This is a classic example of butterfly effect. Here I was thinking RKC is not in a TRP slot and I will get to see great story. And some PH did something wrong and RKC bears the consequences. Bahut Na Insaafi Hai😭
Edited by JJKKL - 6 years ago
Paytonlee thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I thought ill never worry about trp of this show. infact i dont even look it up. But now its going to participate in the cunning game called trp race. I have no trust that the show wont have anami turning into a naagin

napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Three things. 

I cannot believe that a show with such incredibly talented actors and such good storytelling is going to falter under pressure. They know what they're doing and the chance to reach a wider audience is not going to change that. The basic concept and mystery, the core arc had been set. The big reveal is done and all characters established. All that can't change.

Secondly the TRP race is a problem from the first episode, usually, for a new show. RKC is unusual in that it HAS a steady audience already. It's not a new show trying to find its niche. Anyone who is watching this is not watching one or two episodes. They are addicted to the story and the next plot twist. They will follow to whatever time slot and give the basic TRP level this show already enjoys--- which is around 0.8--1.0.

This not being a new show means its not scrambling for new eyeballs. It's bringing its core audience and then building off of that base. That means it's reach can only increase, not fall. IPK had lower or equal TRPs as RKV with a super star hero and a million dollar production house and IPK--1 fandom. Lack of the story and coherent content, and reliance on everything other than acting and casting/plot led to its shuttering. We have ALL of that going for us.

Finally, TRP audience like family drama and cute romance but not dark, twisted revenge concepts they can't watch with everyone in the household. This is a story about a mother and father and daughter and saas/sasurji. TRP aunties will recognize Satrupa in how she's fighting for her daughter and is constantly misunderstood by her in laws. Their saas will love Dadiji and the traditional puja paat pandit and panditain. The Uncles will identify with Baldev, and think they are equally dashing. Pujan is almost a comic villain, we have the honest officer hero and the bubbly young daughter who is rebellious and spunky and still masoom, for the TRP teenagers and kiddies. It's practically an 80s masala family film if you think about it- only fantastic. TRP audience will think they died and went to heaven-- Benaras bhi hai! 😆 

Long story short-- you are watching this show as is every critic and overseas audience with a thirst for something truly unique and across the bloody board fantastic. Have faith that we didn't make a mistake, and others will only discover our show and add to its audience. 
Edited by napstermonster - 6 years ago