IPK3 to make way for Narayani Shastri-rishton ka chakravyuh

Posted: 6 years ago

For all fans of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 3, there is the sad news that finally after much speculation the show is finally winding up. The show will air its last episode on October 6. It's slot will be taken by Narayani Shastri and Mahima Makwana's Rishton Ka Chakravyuh that airs now at 6pm. When we got in touch with actress Shivani Tomar, she confirmed the news saying, "Yes, it is going off air. The last episode will be telecast on October 6. The channel apparently informed them about the closure a couple of days back. The story will be hurried to a climax where Advay (Barun Sobti) and Chandni (Shivani Tomar) will be finally get united. (Also Read: Rishton Ka Chakravyuh Review: Narayani Shastri's towering presence sets the tone for this turbulent mother-daughter drama)

The show started some two months with bang as the comeback of the iconic show and TV hunk Barun Sobti. Unfortunately, the show failed on the ratings front and failed to establish a connection with the audience. It got a lot of flak for the rather Boho-chic styling and loud characters. However, the main part was that the lead pair failed to recreate the magic of the original. Barun played the lead negative role of Advay Singh Raizada. He marries Chandni played by Shivani Tomar to avenge the death of his parents caused by Chandni's family. Somehow viewers did not like a main lead to be negative on the show. Shivani Tomar was constantly being compared to Sanaya Irani. The show was produced by Ishqbaaz producer Gul Khan and starred Ritu Shivpuri, Seema Azmi, Juhi Aslam, Ketaki Kadam in main roles with Barun and Shivani.

Rishton Ka Chakravyuh will replace the show at the 8pm slot. Starring popular names like Mahima Makwana, Narayani Shastri, Sangeeta Ghosh, Anju Mahendru, Parneet Bhat the show has a distinct look and appeal. So, Star Plus is now banking on this show to revive their 8 PM prime time slot. The show is about a the tussle between a mother Satrupa (Narayani) and her abandoned daughter Anami played by Mahima. It is the thriller element of the show that is keeping the audience gripped. The new timing will help it increase its fan base. We will soon see Mahima Ankit Siwach's love story.

Edited by Aruna.negi - 6 years ago

I had a strong feeling this was going to happen.

Not sure how I feel about it.

RKC is a brilliant show. I hope people are able to see and appreciate it. 
Wow I really hope this new time slot brings some luck to the show 
And our show does well on the TRP chart  because RKC deserve all the success and popularity !!

Is dis news reliable??  ðŸ˜•.. Confirmed??? 
OMG, I don't want TRP pressure, kitchen politics etc... in RKC ðŸ˜µ 

Are d CVs planning for "love ka chakravug" track on AA due to dis slot shifting?? Big NO to love track now... Please.. ðŸ˜­ Satrupa-Anami scenes are the essence of RKC.. Don't spoil dem.. 

Seriously,  if the timeslot change is inevitable All d best to RKC team...
TFS dear
Good news for our show
Waaawww what a great news..finally...🤗my prayer is listened by star plus.🥳.this show deserve a prime time slot so that viewers like me watch it on tv instead of online..Nkw i sincerely hope it gains it's much deserve trp with more and more popularity and success.
I don't know how to feel about this news
Happy our show gets the prime time but sad hope it doesn't fall on trp race and lose it charm
Thirdly feeling bad new show getting axed off bad phase of starplus hope they come up with new statergy were shows run smoothly.
Few old crappy shows needs axing not new ones
I don't know, I hope the show does well in the slot...didn't IPKKND 3 just start, they are pulling it off already?? Is the slot that competitive, then I am a bit scared...I hope this is a good move, not a bad one.
Errhh...I don't know if this is good or bad...This slot can make our show either the next big thing on television or will degrade to a typical drama ... I am conflicted... Edited by mira - 6 years ago
Originally posted by BlueWinterRose

I don't know, I hope the show does well in the slot...didn't IPKKND 3 just start, they are pulling it off already?? Is the slot that competitive, then I am a bit scared...I hope this is a good move, not a bad one.

IPK3 is a big budget show & SP spent so much money & they get nothing. Undoubtedly 8pm slot is competitive but IPK3 get only 1 trp even lesser than sab tv show & Star Bharat show. It's obvious they will shut IPK3. Chakravyuh is gr8 storyline with good actors, so m hoping chakravyuh will receive decent trp like above 1.5 😉