Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Twinkle.MaNan thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Paytonlee

I thought ill never worry about trp of this show. infact i dont even look it up. But now its going to participate in the cunning game called trp race. I have no trust that the show wont have anami turning into a naagin

@bold 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But jokes apart,I am worried now after reading such serious discussions and my all joys go to drain now 😭
lalpeeli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I agree to all you have said. This is the only show in 5 years that i am watching besides IPKKND1

Originally posted by: napstermonster

Two things. I cannot believe that a show with such incredibly talented actors and such good storytelling is going to falter under pressure. They know what they're doing and the chance to reach a wider audience is not going to change that. The basic concept and mystery, the core arc had been set. The big reveal is done and all characters established. It can't change.

Secondly the TRP race is a problem from the first episode, usually for a show. RKC is unusual in that it HAS a steady audience already. It's not a new show trying to find its niche. Anyone who is watching this is not watching one or two episodes. They are addicted to the story and the next plot twist. They will follow to whatever time slot and give the basic TRP level this show already enjoys--- which is around 0.8--1.0.

This not being a new show means its not scrambling for new eyeballs. It's bringing its core audience and then building off of that base. That means it's reach can only increase, not fall. IPK had lower or equal TRPs as RKV with a super star hero and a million dollar prodiction house and IPK--1 fandom. Lack of the story and coherent content, and reliance on everything other than acting and casting/plot led to its shuttering. We have ALL of that going for us.

Finally, TRP audience like family drama and cute romance but not dark, twisted revenge concepts they can't watch with everyone in the household. This is a story about a mother and father and daughter and saas/sasurji. TRP aunties will recognize Satrupa in how she's fighting for her daughter and is constantly misunderstood by her in laws. Their SaaS will live Dadiji. The Uncles will believe they are hot Baldev and think they are equally dashing. Pujan is almost a comic villain and we have the honest officer hero, the traditional puja paat panditain and the bubbly young daughter who is rebellious and spunky and still masoom. It's practically an 80s film if you think about it:- only fantastic. TRP audience will think they died and went to heaven-- Benaras. 

Long story short-- you are watching this show as is every critic and overseas audience with a thirst for something truly unique and across the bloody board fantastic. Have faith that we didn't make a mistake, and others will only discover our show and add to its audience. 

Edited by lalpeeli - 6 years ago
JJKKL thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Two things. I cannot believe that a show with such incredibly talented actors and such good storytelling is going to falter under pressure. They know what they're doing and the chance to reach a wider audience is not going to change that. The basic concept and mystery, the core arc had been set. The big reveal is done and all characters established. It can't change.

Secondly the TRP race is a problem from the first episode, usually for a show. RKC is unusual in that it HAS a steady audience already. It's not a new show trying to find its niche. Anyone who is watching this is not watching one or two episodes. They are addicted to the story and the next plot twist. They will follow to whatever time slot and give the basic TRP level this show already enjoys--- which is around 0.8--1.0.

This not being a new show means its not scrambling for new eyeballs. It's bringing its core audience and then building off of that base. That means it's reach can only increase, not fall. IPK had lower or equal TRPs as RKV with a super star hero and a million dollar production house and IPK--1 fandom. Lack of the story and coherent content, and reliance on everything other than acting and casting/plot led to its shuttering. We have ALL of that going for us.

Finally, TRP audience like family drama and cute romance but not dark, twisted revenge concepts they can't watch with everyone in the household. This is a story about a mother and father and daughter and saas/sasurji. TRP aunties will recognize Satrupa in how she's fighting for her daughter and is constantly misunderstood by her in laws. Their SaaS will love Dadiji. The Uncles will identify withy Baldev and think they are equally dashing. Pujan is almost a comic villain and we have the honest officer hero, the traditional puja paat panditain and the bubbly young daughter who is rebellious and spunky and still masoom. It's practically an 80s film if you think about it:- only fantastic. TRP audience will think they died and went to heaven-- Benaras. 

Long story short-- you are watching this show as is every critic and overseas audience with a thirst for something truly unique and across the bloody board fantastic. Have faith that we didn't make a mistake, and others will only discover our show and add to its audience. 

Feeling better now. Thanks a lot Napstermonster 👏
Twinkle.MaNan thumbnail

This not being a new show means its not scrambling for new eyeballs. It's bringing its core audience and then building off of that base. That means it's reach can only increase, not fall. IPK had lower or equal TRPs as RKV with a super star hero and a million dollar production house and IPK--1 fandom. Lack of the story and coherent content, and reliance on everything other than acting and casting/plot led to its shuttering. We have ALL of that going for us.

Finally, TRP audience like family drama and cute romance but not dark, twisted revenge concepts they can't watch with everyone in the household. This is a story about a mother and father and daughter and saas/sasurji. TRP aunties will recognize Satrupa in how she's fighting for her daughter and is constantly misunderstood by her in laws. Their SaaS will love Dadiji. The Uncles will identify withy Baldev and think they are equally dashing. Pujan is almost a comic villain and we have the honest officer hero, the traditional puja paat panditain and the bubbly young daughter who is rebellious and spunky and still masoom. It's practically an 80s film if you think about it:- only fantastic. TRP audience will think they died and went to heaven-- Benaras. 

Waaaw finally someone come up with some positivity.I was also about to say something like this.Reading all the comments in this thread making me think again whether it was a good decision or not..i was worried then i gave a second thought to it and put all the courage to be positive whatever be the outcome or others worried..

Thanks for this wonderful encouraging post to boost me up..i want to add what thought and about to write before i read your post..RKC have already a decent Trp of consistent 0.7-0.8 at 6pm slot when most of the viewers like us are unable to watch it.That means we have already that much constant trp with us if it is shifted to 8pm slot..Then some of our forumties including me are unable to watch it on tv and dependent on hotstar..so 8pm slot will only add some more trp points when we all will join you guys if not great than at least 0.2 trps which will make it's trp to +1 .Then comes the new viewers who will watch it afresh..I have full faith in our show that it will definitely bring another bunch of audiences..some like us,some others who love drama..don't you think our show lack in that department? No it has everything drama,suspence,star value and above all story and fabulous screenplay supported by a bunch of talented actors..So it will add some more trps for sure..In conclusion,i am in with this change..go ahead RKC..at least i am with you in this new journey..good luck RKC..👍🏼

princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

oh hello shello!!! We once again land in the same forum!! Glad the tastes seem to run the same way!
Now i'm even more sure of myself liking this show!!

But how have you been? I haven't seen u since Rangrasiya ended!! 😳
Santiago24 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Thank you napster. I see your point and now feel positive. We should be able to make it. Forget slot leader, we will beat the toppers
Jai Rkc!!
ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Oh thank goodness for this change of timing!
No more trying to reach home at the dot of 6!

Thanks for sharing this info.

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
This is good news ... I think! 😆

I always felt this show should be a prime time show ... it has all the ingredients that NM mentioned, along with a tight script, a good, unique storyline, and very strong female characters ... which is what trp junta does connect to. 

I just hope SP has enough faith in the PH and the writers to allow them to tell their story the way they want to, without ANY interference from the SP so-called' creatives ... I have no faith in their creativity ... so I hope their interference is minimal. 

The show has picked up a very good audience despite the inconvenient time ... and that audience will stick to the show, and might even grow more, as the new time is more convenient for most of us ... I know it is for me. I hope that prime time will give it the chance to add to that audience.  
Keertiacharya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Have a doubt...so does it count to TRP, if I watch it on hotstar. I have no way I can it watch it on TV at 8 PM as I am not in India. 
Keertiacharya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sorry to say , but IPKKND 3 ( there is another show in my mind which needs to be axed immediately , but I don't want to take the name) deserved it. Whenever I make some time to watch it , I end up watching it only 2-5 minutes of it's content , because of the flashy lights, extravagant decorations, unrelatable characters & costumes the list goes on. Only reason I even watched the show sometimes is due to my trust on the makers who gave us the season #1 and to  some extent the ML. But both of them disappointed me to a very large extent. 

Not sure whether my words above are considered bashing  , but this is a heart felt concern that how they totally misused the great fan following they had and took the viewers for granted and started showing nothing but shit and any show that does the same needs to be axed. 
RKC , much deserves the appreciation and popularity , given the simplicity in creating the content .Though they had so many scenes to zoom in and slow down the camera and show each of the family member's faces multiple times to fill up the episode , they refrained doing it. I love that. They seem to be  honest in their story telling. I never felt any of the episodes till  now , is a  filler.

But I know many shows fail to maintain that quality as time goes on and of course due to trp pressure. I hope RKC doesn't do that. At present this is the only show on TV that makes some sense to me. All the best RKC !!! Keep up the good work.