Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tvbug2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago
Sad to hear about IPK 3 closure.  I've stuck with it these many days out of sheer loyalty for Barun,  but really  barring him there s been hardly a thing right about the show...Anyway will not go down that road.
  Interestingly,  I started watching RKC because it took IPK3s slot for the repeat telecast,  and was immediately bowled over by the quality of story telling and acting...Found it strangely compelling with a sound story, convincing acting, consistent characterisation and so much more. So not surprised that it's been moved up to prime time. I just hope they stick to their own story plan and pace. Because it really is good enough as it is!  
Newbiesoapfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Forgive me if this has been asked before , but how do viewers who aren't watching already get up-to-date on the story at 8 pm ? Will there be some kahaani ab tak episodes for them? What does it mean for TRPs when these run?
I understand that TRPs don't count for reruns ... so kahaani ab tak may be a rerun... and they obviously can't run that for so long.

livanjali thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Rkc is definitely better run  in 8 pm slot .My mum don't get to watch at 6 p.m and wait for repeat telecast.now comfortablely watch at 8 p.m.if content is best it will boost up.siya ke ram had better TRP at 2.5 at 8p.m.so hope for best .The show is the best in starplus after naamkaran

Edited by livanjali - 6 years ago
GamesOfLife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I am a shivika fan from ishqbaaaz but writers and producers have recently disappointed us with stupid acrs and mergers...etc... .i watched RKC bec i was bored with Ishqbaaaz after merger nonsense and WOW...i can't stop praising this show.great script and great acting...
Niki. thumbnail
Damn, I love this show's storyline. Now if it's shifted to 8pm slot, then Obviously they will be under trp pressure and they might change the storyline according to that slot. I hope this news is false.
thilss thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

First of all happy that RKC is recieving its very well deserved recognition from everywhere. 

Secondly I'm worried over RKC. Seeing its freshness drained by this trp marathon is the last thing I wanna see. 

Thirdly call me crazy but still this 8 pm slot on star plus has something that could not figure out but connected with misfortune. Two shows they telecasted on the same slot went off air. With very popular actors who have huge fan followings n the two of the biggest production houses yet they couldn't help them from sinking n both ended abruptly. 

Finally I just hope everything will be go smoothly for RKC since so far it's my favourite.

thilss thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: napstermonster

Two things. I cannot believe that a show with such incredibly talented actors and such good storytelling is going to falter under pressure. They know what they're doing and the chance to reach a wider audience is not going to change that. The basic concept and mystery, the core arc had been set. The big reveal is done and all characters established. It can't change.

Secondly the TRP race is a problem from the first episode, usually for a show. RKC is unusual in that it HAS a steady audience already. It's not a new show trying to find its niche. Anyone who is watching this is not watching one or two episodes. They are addicted to the story and the next plot twist. They will follow to whatever time slot and give the basic TRP level this show already enjoys--- which is around 0.8--1.0.

This not being a new show means its not scrambling for new eyeballs. It's bringing its core audience and then building off of that base. That means it's reach can only increase, not fall. IPK had lower or equal TRPs as RKV with a super star hero and a million dollar production house and IPK--1 fandom. Lack of the story and coherent content, and reliance on everything other than acting and casting/plot led to its shuttering. We have ALL of that going for us.

Finally, TRP audience like family drama and cute romance but not dark, twisted revenge concepts they can't watch with everyone in the household. This is a story about a mother and father and daughter and saas/sasurji. TRP aunties will recognize Satrupa in how she's fighting for her daughter and is constantly misunderstood by her in laws. Their SaaS will love Dadiji. The Uncles will identify withy Baldev and think they are equally dashing. Pujan is almost a comic villain and we have the honest officer hero, the traditional puja paat panditain and the bubbly young daughter who is rebellious and spunky and still masoom. It's practically an 80s film if you think about it:- only fantastic. TRP audience will think they died and went to heaven-- Benaras. 

Long story short-- you are watching this show as is every critic and overseas audience with a thirst for something truly unique and across the bloody board fantastic. Have faith that we didn't make a mistake, and others will only discover our show and add to its audience. 

Relieved ðŸ¤—
Aruna.negi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Seriously I really don't understand why people r so scared about prime time slot. Majority Production houses & actors wants there shows got prime slot & even fans too  but here RKS fans waana stick with 6pm slot😆
8pm slot is not cursed , we got many hit shows like IPK,SKR,ETH. 

Trp pressure 6pm pe bhi rahega ,0.7 Trp se koi bhi show 1yr nahi chalega. 

SP is going through a major change & doesn't want to go with any show which is not giving them ratings.

RKC & actors got that exposure which they truly deserved😉

Santiago24 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Keertiacharya

Have a doubt...so does it count to TRP, if I watch it on hotstar. I have no way I can it watch it on TV at 8 PM as I am not in India. 

No Keerthi, online does not contribute to TRP.

For that matter, nor does watching it on TV at 8 pm will, unless you have the BARC meter installed in your home.
Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Literally the worst news. Star's 8pm slot is cursed. Barely anything works in that slot. In recent memory, only that IPK season one and Siya Ke Ram have worked. This is so disappointing.