Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Some of the arguments here is
Child marriage is Illegal, that is the reason why it is banned.  it is not a matter of progressive or regressive, it is a matter of legal and illegal. if you marry a child, then you are automatically a criminal and the marriage is deemed invalid. Having consensual sex with a minor is illegal, divorce between two rational consenting adults is not, impregnating a teenager is legal unless she was rape. How can divorce and child marriage be considered as in the same level of atrocity? Former, is a natural but unfortunate part of a marriage while the latter is social evil.

When young minors are married off to a adults as old as 20+, the outcome is never good. Children should be going to school,not getting married. Most of the times, these children are sexually, emotional, physically abused then they meet an untimely death due to premature pregnancy. whether it is good or bad is not subjective, it is almost always bad. PPK mocks this social evil and the plight of many young children in poor socio-economic classes. by showing this so called marriage, in a cute and "pure" light.
Edited by pomegranate - 6 years ago
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ..Khushi..

I didn't say anything, again you perceived it your way because that's how you look at things. Child marriage is progressive or not, how can you decide? It may work for some and not work for some. How it turned out for many Indians, doesn't decide whether it's good or bad for all other beings around the globe.

Originally posted by: ErisedWitch45

@bold - That is for marriage. not child marriage. Marriage between 2 consenting adults who are deemed rational. That may work for some or may not work for some.

Physical age is not a marker for rationality.

For legal courses (in law) it is, 

Example -

Sex b/w 2 consenting adults is sex else it's rape
Marraige b/w 2 consenting adults is marriage else it's null and void. and so on.

Edited by ErisedWitch45 - 6 years ago
pomegranate thumbnail

INDIAN government has made it illegal because many Indians have turned it into something horrid. It's the people not the practice. It's legal in the US you see. Once educated folks gain enough sense to differentiate between what's real and what's fictional, they may go out and do some real service for good. If they themselves start regarding fiction as reality and jump to online sites as keyboard warriors saving a virtual world, than God save this country 😆

it is different n each state, but individuals 16 and over may marry with parental consent. now in which state is it legal for an 18 year old to marry a 9 year old? I mean where is it legal for a 9 year old to get married.
..Khushi.. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Wait what? Showing crime as crime is not okay as per you? You seem to have taken a big shock from PPK news. Let me explain. Every hindi movie has a hero = who is good and a villain = who is bad. Villain does bad things and gets punished. Not only hindi movie but every movie and every serial shows this. Showing crime as crime is okay. Showing crime as cute and frienship is not. Do you comprehend now?

Showing crime as crime is not the answer that will help the nut heads who take inspiration from fiction. Not showing crime might help. Do you see the difference? Just cuz something criminal is being shown as 'crime' doesn't make everything cool.

Child marriage maybe illegal in India but in many places it's not. GOT projects a miles better definition of what can be termed as crime. If you are supporting it, do not talk PKP with me. And nahh.. PKP makes no difference to me. It's just that am amused at the half baked mindsets of people 😆

ErisedWitch45 thumbnail
^^PS: @pomegranate: that red line quoted is not mine. Just for clarity. That is the view of Khushi.

Nope. Any sane, civilised and educated person knows this.

Do not worry some people are shocked too much forgetting rationale
..Khushi.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: pomegranate

it is different n each state, but individuals 16 and over may marry with parental consent. now in which state is it legal for an 18 year old to marry a 9 year old? I mean where is it legal for a 9 year old to get married.

Go google... and yes, there are such states 😊
ErisedWitch45 thumbnail

Showing crime as crime is not the answer that will help the nut heads who take inspiration from fiction. Not showing crime might help. Do you see the difference? Just cuz something criminal is being shown as 'crime' doesn't make everything cool.

Child marriage maybe illegal in India but in many places it's not. GOT projects a miles better definition of what can be termed as crime. If you are supporting it, do not talk PKP with me. And nahh.. PKP makes no difference to me. It's just that am amused at the half baked mindsets of people 😆

@bold - is this show aired and filmed in Mars?

@red - if you don't want to talk to others on a discussion forum then maybe you should stop posting

@blue - for someone who doesn't care about PPK, you seem to be the most hurt among all. Not even other fans are defending PPK as much as you are.
..Khushi.. thumbnail

For legal courses (in law) it is, 

Example -

Sex b/w 2 consenting adults is sex else it's rape
Marraige b/w 2 consenting adults is marriage else it's null and void. and so on.

But the show that has turned you into a warrior didn't show sex nor did it show marriage as 'legal' lmaoo..

Oh funny people 😆

Edited by ..Khushi.. - 6 years ago
pomegranate thumbnail
why are we bringing US into the conversation? is this show set in the states. it takes place in India, where there are horrific cases of child marriage. even in the US, girls from poor backgrounds were married off to adults using legal loopholes. but does that mean it was right or was the child's well being kept in mind?