Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rainbow29 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: lumos_31

Exactly, it's a free world and we are free to object to content that is objectionable. And yes, u don't think so but I do think that makers would be responsible for showing objectionable content on national television on primetime as it is THEM who are responsible for what they are showing, as much as we are for seeing it. And not sure who u were targeting by the term pseudo moralists here, but if it was me, I have already explained why those other shows didn't receive flak for their content and if I do find something objectionable in it, I will object to it, regardless of anything. Things worth banning on national television need to be voiced out against. Period. By twisting my statements like now, and drawing unnecessary and absurd conclusions I dunno what point ur trying to make. Parents not understanding how something their child is watching is influencing him/her does NOT extrapolate to banning some good and sensible content on Indian TV which deserves to be aired just because u want to defend a show with this regressive n crappy concept. 

I understand u love this show, having interacted with u earlier, fair enough. But atleast do not twist my statements to suit ur argument. 

a. objecting is one thing asking ban is another. good that bcc didnt oblige to the senseless ban demand by the likes of you.

b. makers are not responsible for what parents let their kids watch

c. showing crime as crime is not a valid justification for shows you are trying to support. By your own words kids get influenced by what they see 'in ways parents dont understand' n that sets things straight. kids can get influenced by crime thats shown in your criminal shows too.

d. dont generalize the word 'regressive'
Edited by Rainbow29 - 6 years ago
gmgi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I am one of the few lakhs of pseudo moralist or hypocrite who tried to impose my thoughts on the millions of fans whose voice went unheard and proud to be one. Doesn't matter if it was pulled off because of our hues and cries but what does matter is that it is one less crap so that I don't have to throw my TV set out. 😆
Sanathana123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Finally I have hope on India!
pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hindi serials have normalized male chauvinism and misogny since a long time. they casually show the hot hero grabbing the girl by her arm and dragging her out, women are called characterless,and a girl even touched the feet of the man who stalked her. these kinds of scenes are so common in shows, that audience have become desensitized to it. the female leads have no backbone and are shown spilling tears for TRp's. Only indian television can get away with showing such nonsense. Make fun of  game of thrones all you want, but western tv shows can never show such mistreatment of women and get away with it. Indian television easily romanticizes abusive relationships and no one bats an eyelash, because it is all just fictional entertainment(which is reminiscent of the grim reality)

The Last thing we need is indian television normalizing children being married off to adults. if  a crime in the eyes of law becomes subjective or  a crime depending on the intent, then sickos will come up with reasons to justify their actions. If child marriage   is not a concern  then why do so many organizations exist to fight against it?  misogyny is casually depicted without consequences and thinly veiled as romance in a country where women's honour and safety are constantly jeopardized. One day, television will sink to a new low by glamorizing child marriage for ratings, so a family from a small rural town thinks they are not doing anything wrong by marrying their 13 year old to a 26 year old. while Indian television is not responsible for the regressive practices in india, it does normalize it  and even reinforces them to a certain extent. which is why it is important to object when such things are shown on television. if you say it is only "fictional entertainment" then please do so, it is nothing new because  audiences have casually turned a blind eye to problematic content for ages, resulting in high TRP's. remember, it  looks beautiful on television, but never in real life.

Child marriage can have good intentions ONLY in the fictional world. In reality though, if you had good intentions, then  you would not marry off a child, because  nothing good can come from it. However, if the main defense is "it is just tv" then fine, it is what you believe. my personal belief is, child marriage is one of the Many things that needs to be fought against- if we  want a safe society and a bright future, then we need to focus on educating our kids, not getting them married. Continue fighting for what you believe in, and protesting against what you think is wrong even  if you are mocked or shamed. I don't care what anyone says or how many people laughs at me here, this show was depicting something that is clearly wrong and Im happy that people objected against it.

Edited by pomegranate - 6 years ago
Ashley.J thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Khushi..

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Sex lmaooo..so you see where all the 'crime' aspect is coming from? It's the messed up dirty mentality of the likes of you to equate marriage with sex first thing. Can't blame you, you adapt what you see around you. Obviously if you look at it that way than it becomes a crime. But sorry to burst your bubble, not everyone equates marriage to sex. It's million more things before sex.</font>

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">You are right though, this can't be and is not being compared to GOT. That show is as effed up as any show can get. This show doesn't even come close so relax</font>

<font size="2" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">First lack of sense to differentiate between real and fiction and next to put a standard self defined meaning to every relation just leaves me with no reason to discuss anything with the likes of you.</font>

Ooo..so sex is dirty for you now! May I ask why? If a kid has reached puberty, and is 'wise and mature', why can't he have sex with an adult? Whats wrong with kid- adult sex? Why are you against it when your hormones are going in every direction watching a kid-adult marriage? And please go learn a thing or two about what exactly is a criminal deed in India and what not before jumping into a discussion and making a fool out of yourself. Sex with a minor, marriage with a minor, BOTH ARE ILLEGAL. And crimes.

And miss bubble burster, Nobody equated marriage to sex, develop some comprehension skills. I will say it more clearly- acc. to ur progressive thought process, if a kid is mature enough to marry, why can't he have sex? Sex is also an essential part of a married life, if you have no inhibitions about other things, why such biased attitude towards sex?

Two more points:
1) Effed up or not, GOT has class and a classy audience. This show is (was 😆) trash and the less i say about the audience, the better.
2) The likes of me like to stay away from potential child predators, so please do not quote me further and write a nonsensical comment to have the last word.

Fawad321 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Glad this pedophile shit is over! 
ihatestans thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
so glad that this show went off air. Did not deserve to be on air