TOI:We are not going to make any changes in the story line:PPK makers

Posted: 6 years ago

We are not going to make any changes in the story line because of backlash: Pehredaar Piyaa Ki makers

Vijaya Tiwari| TNN | Aug 14, 2017, 05:21 PM IST
TV show Pehredaar Piya Kihas landed into controversy because of its story line. The show has been receiving backlash from audiences and celebrities alike. However, the writer and producers of the show Shashi and Sumeet Mittal are not in a mood to make any changes in the story line or plot of the show.

The show is about the marriage of a 9 year-old-boy and 18 year-old girl. The show has received a lot of criticism for showing honeymoon and first night scenes. A petition has been filed seeking a ban on the show.

"I don't think I have shown anything wrong or I am promoting anything that shouldn't be done so there is no question of making any changes. As a writer, sometimes we do get tempted to show attraction between the leads, but I haven't done anything like. We are not going to change anything," said Shashi Mittal.

When asked where did the germ of the idea came from, she said, "I was very young around 11-12 years, I had read a short I don't remember where, but I really liked it and it stayed with me. I really loved the story because of the Rajasthani background and the girl's journey. It showed how the girl and boy become friends despite of the age gap. She is 18 year old and he is 9. I liked the innocence and friendship between the two. What I also liked was that a girl who gets scared just by looking at a cockroach, can actually go ahead and protect the life of this kid.

On being asked, how she handles the criticism coming her way, Shashi said, "Till the time the audience actually watching it don't say anything I don't have the problem. When my mother and my own family and friends are fine watching it I don't see a problem with anyone else. If my family tells me, whatever you are showing in Diya Aur Baati Hum is not good I get alert because I feel they are my audience. If my own mother is comfortable and saying you have not showed anything which you should be ashamed of, I am ok. In Pehredaar Piya Ki case people who have watched the show have not given me any negative feedback."

Talking about the opposition that the show is receiving from other TV celebrities, Shashi feels, "I still feel most of the celebrities who are reacting have not seen the show they are just speaking on the basis of what is going around in the social media. If a celebrity has genuiely watched the show and feels the show is nonsence I will appreciate it as everyone is entitled to have his or her opinion. There have been celebrities like Shraddha Arya who have praised the show and she said her mother really liked the show."

Are you planning to show ageneration leap in the show, "No we are not as the journey of Diya and Ratan has just started. The crux of the story is that she is protecting his life and that's what we are showing. Once he grows up the love story angle can be developed and he can protect his own life."

Reacting on the petition sent to the I & B Ministry, Shashi and Sumeet said, "We haven't got any such information. It is a very hypothetical question to answer that will we shut down the show if we get a negative feedback from I & B Ministry. Let the situation come we will see."
Edited by Sutapasima - 6 years ago
Wow!The audacity and shamelessness of these people!
Originally posted by Sanathana123

Wow!The audacity and shamelessness of these people!

As long as it fills their pockets, they don't care. Morally bankrupt souls. Wonder what social evil they might portray as "innocence" in their next show.
yes no need to change plot .I don't find story creepy and cringworthy if people thinks v support child marriage and their romance then their r highly mistaken .they will be never understand why we r watching show

most importantly no honeymoon is shown .poor cvs getting.criticism for that even cvs itself don't want to show
Look at that picture in the article it looks like older sister and younger brother with Tilak on his forehead by his sister on occasion of rakhi
mittal is right ppk has not watch show and saying it promote child marriage showing paedophile blah show is regressive blah blah

from where conclusion drawn it promote child marriage when makers themselves saying that yeh Baal vivah ko bhadava nahi Deta

Baal vivah ko agar bhadava de Rahe hotel to to Jun ratan ke father pure tarah fine the tabhi woh ratan ki shaadi nahi Kara Dete
Storyline me change karne Ki jarurat hi nahi hai..as of now story bahot acche chal rahe hai...ye Jo log bina dekhe Hi promo aur photos dekhke criticized kar rahe hai it's very sick mentality...vese bhi aaj kal social media me koi bhi apna view de sakta hai aur social media people sheep Ki tarah hoti hai ek jiss tarf jayege vaha dusre bhi chal denge bina kuch soche samje...dekhe bina criticized karna Vo to aesi hi baar Ho hai ke book ka cover page dekha aur much assume kar kiya aur hoga karna as Gaye...jinko nahi pasand hai unke tv ke remote unke pass hi hai use it...hum log Jo ye show dekhte hai hamare kese viewers ko as of now koi bhi problem nahi hai storyline se...i hope maker jaldi se Diya ko strong person and politically sound bhi dikhaye...i hope agala track Diya Ki journey as of strong person and acchi business woman dikhaye aur sathme as a person Ratansa ka bhi growth...Diya and Ratan Ki pure friendship and understandingEdited by kasaf - 6 years ago
it is so disgusting when people put false dirty blame on ppk lover . really I have no words for them who thinks that ppk lover watch ppk because they love ******lia child romance

such disgusting judgement about ppk lover . seriously how can ppk basher think that if we r watching ppk that means r means v want to watch ppk because love romance between Diya and ratan

more this serial is not showing such thing so how can ppk basher can make cheap comment about ppk basher

kaha hai kisi ne ki kisi suni sunaai baato mut mein Jaao pehle khud Dekho Parkho tub faisala karoEdited by surabhi01 - 6 years ago
Its innocent show.  I watched almost all episodes to date and there is nothing inappropriate.  The kid retains his innocence and Diya has not done anything inappropriate.  
Slap on the face of these "protesters" by BCCC. The show is on.