PB to go off air on 25th Aug???

Posted: 6 years ago
Guys as per the latest TB article PB is set to go off air 25th August ðŸ˜• Are the CVs mad? There is so much to show. There were still chances to salvage this show but I did not expect this. Please comment on the TB article:
Originally posted by zaniax

Huh! I think it's fake news 😕

I hope its fake news. It deserves at least a 3-4 month run with the amount of story left to tell.
Originally posted by BeyondHorizon

I hope its fake news. It deserves at least a 3-4 month run with the amount of story left to tell.

This show had kicked off very well and I was looking forward to more from this show after the leap..somehow the leap could not keep up the expectations...the love shown within Balaji's family was lost...Radhabai's charm was lost...agree as a wife...but they just could not justify her attitude, behaviour change to her children...it just shot back and could not go well with the audience...Mastani's entry and the actor...both together was a big slip...to hold on viewers...
Kashi's portrayed as a weak..vulnerable woman also backfired...
With all these put together...we need to blame the CV's who failed to deliver...else this show had the potential to top the chart...
Really sad to hear
Originally posted by Aasha1

This show had kicked off very well and I was looking forward to more from this show after the leap..somehow the leap could not keep up the expectations...the love shown within Balaji's family was lost...Radhabai's charm was lost...agree as a wife...but they just could not justify her attitude, behaviour change to her children...it just shot back and could not go well with the audience...Mastani's entry and the actor...both together was a big slip...to hold on viewers...
Kashi's portrayed as a weak..vulnerable woman also backfired...
With all these put together...we need to blame the CV's who failed to deliver...else this show had the potential to top the chart...
Really sad to hear

But for any track to click with the audience it needs to be given time and if audience isn't liking a certain track then makers should be given a chance to rectify it. Shutting it down is not the solution. U shut down a show when there is absolutely no hope left like in CAS case but here u still have hope. They can stop focusing on Mastani for a while n build Bajirao's journey. The actors chosen for the leap track are all good and as for Radhabai I understand audience isn't able to connect with her. But most of us are familiar with history n we all know how Radhabai was a strict matriarch. There had to be a change in characterization. Anuja portrayed a different phase of Radhabai n so is Rajeshwari doing now. If they don't show her to be indifferent then when Mastani track starts then she can't be shown to be compassionate towards her. She disapproved of Mastani and made every attempt to keep her at bay. Had it been the same pre leap wala Radhabai she may have accepted Mastani into their lives which is not what history says

I don't even know what I feel about this news!
I guess there are probably two sets of PB viewers, those who have watched from first episode and those who started watching later even maybe post-leap.

Those like me, who have watched from start were watching for Bajirao story and political events, his Peshwa Bajirao journey.  I think the CVs decided to ditch these viewers and thought so what if we promised PB, we are now going to make Bajirao Mastani.  If we have to ditch history, shove Mastani on viewers 10 years early that is our sweet NR aka creative liberty - we will have viewers who love "epic love story ".

So they ditched first set of viewers for the second lot and now both set of viewers have ditched them.

I am not really sorry, cos I watched till now for PB and I don't think I was going to get that.  Excessive nauseous annoying screen space for Mastani told me Cvs intention.  I don't think a single episode post leap didn't have Mastani ðŸ˜¡ðŸ¤¢  I could barely tolerate Mastani scenes.

What do I care if Bajirao Mastani is ending?!  I had decided to watch randomly only till Bajirao met Mastani, that would have been last episode for me.

I really hope none of the blame falls on Karan Suchak, Saurabh Gokhale, Rajeshwari etc.
The only person/s responsible is the one who decided to shove this Mastani on viewers now and cheated viewers by turning this into BM.

Originally posted by MaddyO

I don't even know what I feel about this news!
I guess there are probably two sets of PB viewers, those who have watched from first episode and those who started watching later even maybe post-leap.

Those like me, who have watched from start were watching for Bajirao story and political events, his Peshwa Bajirao journey.  I think the CVs decided to ditch these viewers and thought so what if we promised PB, we are now going to make Bajirao Mastani.  If we have to ditch history, shove Mastani on viewers 10 years early that is our sweet NR aka creative liberty - we will have viewers who love "epic love story ".

So they ditched first set of viewers for the second lot and now both set of viewers have ditched them.

I am not really sorry, cos I watched till now for PB and I don't think I was going to get that.  Excessive nauseous annoying screen space for Mastani told me Cvs intention.  I don't think a single episode post leap didn't have Mastani ðŸ˜¡ðŸ¤¢  I could barely tolerate Mastani scenes.

What do I care if Bajirao Mastani is ending?!  I had decided to watch randomly only till Bajirao met Mastani, that would have been last episode for me.

I really hope none of the blame falls on Karan Suchak, Saurabh Gokhale, Rajeshwari etc.
The only person/s responsible is the one who decided to shove this Mastani on viewers now and cheated viewers by turning this into BM.

This is probably one among those few shows which I watched from the start. I know we all feel cheated being loyal viewers but isn't it too early to shut the show? I mean the makers should be given a chance to do damage control n if the show goes the drain like it did with CAS then u can make that call. None of the actors chosen to play grown up characters are responsible for this - not Rajeshwari, not Karan, not Saurabh nor Ishita or Megha. The makers are solely responsible for this. When majority of them are not liking Mastani track at this point can't they ignore it for a while and build Bajirao's story? The next leap can showcase Mastani. Had they done this the audience wouldn't be mad at them for screwing this show.
Sony has 3 upcoming shows I.e KBC, Ganesh and Porus. From wat I noe, the former 2 are replacing Beyhaad n Hanuman respectively so 3rd one might be in place of PB. Anyway, lets see how things go forward.

Sony has 3 upcoming shows I.e KBC, Ganesh and Porus. From wat I noe, the former 2 are replacing Beyhaad n Hanuman respectively so 3rd one might be in place of PB. Anyway, lets see how things go forward.

Porus is replacing PB??? ðŸ˜• But the promo went on air a long time ago even before the leap if I am not wrong. The reason being cited for PB's closure is the dip in ratings post leap. Even Beyhadh's promo went on air like 3-4 months before it was telecasted. I hope they give PB at least 3-4 months time before shutting it for good. It's really unfair to actors like Karan and Saurabh who have probably gone the extra mile to play the character. For the first time they are playing a lead role and they should be given at least some amount of screen space to showcase their acting prowess. 
Originally posted by BeyondHorizon

Porus is replacing PB???😕But the promo went on air a long time ago even before the leap if I am not wrong. The reason being cited for PB's closure is the dip in ratings post leap. Even Beyhadh's promo went on air like 3-4 months before it was telecasted. I hope they give PB at least 3-4 months time before shutting it for good. It's really unfair to actors like Karan and Saurabh who have probably gone the extra mile to play the character. For the first time they are playing a lead role and they should be given at least some amount of screen space to showcase their acting prowess.

I'm just guessing :) Yes, the promo came Long ago, however some episodes hav been shot so it may be ready to go on air and PB ending will leave an open slot. Besides, Porus is an expensive project with huge potential hence channel will be eager to cash upon it asap. I noe thts totally unfair to PB cast but unfortunately TV industry is ruled by TRP's esp Sony who's famous for shutting shows within 2-3months. IF PB does end then CV's are to be blamed entirely as they took fictional liberty to a whole new level!

I'm just guessing :) Yes, the promo came Long ago, however some episodes hav been shot so it may be ready to go on air and PB ending will leave an open slot. Besides, Porus is an expensive project with huge potential hence channel will be eager to cash upon it asap. I noe thts totally unfair to PB cast but unfortunately TV industry is ruled by TRP's esp Sony who's famous for shutting shows within 2-3 months. IF PB does end then CV's are to be blamed entirely as they took fictional liberty to a whole new level!

They can give Porus the prime slot n move PB to a different slot say 6:30. Sony only retelecasts KS show or Crime Patrol. I agree TV shows are ruled by TRPs but lets face it. There hasn't been a single show however novel it was from Sony that made it to top 10. Not even Beyhadh which is critically acclaimed. These shows were made for a niche audience with a finite set of episodes. Anyways unlike CAS, PB was never stretched. Infact its better than CN on SP. Why not continue the show for just a few more months and end it on a decent note so that it is remembered?

I am feeling sorry for Karan and Sourabh. Its not easy to bag the lead role and when they do they will give their utmost best to it. Is it really fair for them if the show ends so abruptly?They have barely got a month's screenspace thus far. Karan n Saurabh went bald for a role n this is not an easy call for any actor. Growing hairs or building a body is different but this takes a lot of guts. Plus they have groomed themselves really well esp Karan. If u look at his sword fighting skills it looks as good as Ranveer's in the movie and this is no mean feat. Movie actors get a lot of time to train n plus they can give as many retakes as they want till the shot is perfect but thats not the case with TV shows. Even Megha has put in a lot of effort though this could have been showcased a lil later at the right time. Its not fair to these actors.