Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: ishruhi

"Umm.. yes... if u dont mind... and no I dont need any advice on exercising my conjugal rights" he nodded

"He can argue!!" Sharanbir said admiringly, his eyes sparkling with love

"Beta kinka hai" Mandira said nodding with pride

🤣
This dadu n ashwin arguements are sooo cute n funny!!!
That part here dadu crossed his arms over head in that chair made me 🤣
He loves answers from ashwin.😊

This had me grinning as well. That arms locked stance of Dadu over his head is utterly relaxed surely out to ruffle his grandson .Its as if this earthy 'punjabiness' that this old pop has is oozing out from every cell of his Taunting him with 'in your room' is extremely dismissive as well. 😆 . Every time he has done that it has the desired effect in Ashvin seeking out his wife and lay claim. 😊
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Nisha,

Ethu romba open ended-a irukku ? I am having similar thots like Daddu.

If they are serious about their feelings for each other, What are these two planning to do next ? How are they going to make their marriage an Official one ? Are they going to have ceremonial wedding in front of family (Ashwin started that topic with Trisha but didn't go further) or they are going to go with Ashwin's theory of those marriages are waste of time, energy and money and jump right into taking the next steps. Shouldnt they go back to Ullal let her dad know and to get her stuff ?

My brain is full of questions. Please give us an early one if possible.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Reluctant Refusals

"You can go out with us today" Mandira almost "told" Trisha

she balked

"I mean, Leela and I were going to go get our nails done, and then have lunch and go to a early education center"

"Oh really? that will be good" Trisha nodded

"Yes, its part of the Foundation, that Narang Constructions runs in Bangalore"

"U will make a good teacher, you are not fidgety like me" Leela smiled

"I have not taught young kids" 

"Nows the time.. TRi"

"how is your father?"

Trisha nodded slowly

"You miss him?"

"A lot"

"To milkar aao aap" Mandira said politely

"I was thinking..."

"No no dont think..." Mandira smiled encouragingly

"I was thinking maybe he can come here for a visit" Trisha spoke up

Mandira's face clouded with doubt and disapproval

"Yaha? I mean... this city is so big... I doubt he will enjoy it here"

"Oh Cmon Mom... how do u know?" Leela was shocked, she paused half way with her smoothie mug

"He can go with me" Trisha said

"Umm... I dont know" Mandira was not happy

"You should bring him Leela urged

"I can go to do nails tomorrow, I have to go look at an article I had put on reserve" Trisha said politely after checking her phone pings

"Aagain?"

"I am slow in my Ph D... its just not happening, I havent done any lab work in months"

"I am telling you, you should just take it easy " Leela chuckled

Trisha smiled at her innocence

"U are cute... and funny"

"I KNOW... thats why Ahsvin hates me"

Trisha laughed more

"U have a lovely smile" leela gushed

"I brushed my teeth" Trisha joked

"Alright... alright... enough already" Mandira was exasperated

"Doesnt take a lot to rile Mom up" Leela got off the stool with a thud, the stool falling sideways

"Leelaaa... naya farsh hai bebu"

"Yeah if I break it he can come back to Delhi" Leela said smugly

Trisha smiled fondly at the young girl

"i am hoping to find a job as an assistant at the BU chemistry department, terminate at MU... maybe" she finished

"Oh?" Mandira made a mental note

"anyway I have to go" Trisha said politely

Leela ran over and hugged her

"I like your skirt" she said

"u want it?" Trisha asked

"can I have it? U can have whatever u want from my closet"

Trisha nodded

"I am chubby" Leela said honestly

"I have darker skin... so" Trisha said with a genuine smile

Ashvin called her at 1

"Do u want to come to my office for lunch?"

"I came to BU for an article"

"Mom said u were going with her to get stuff done"

"I couldnt I came to BU" she said quietly

"U could go hang with her occasionally you know" Ashvin was sad

"I am hoping to get a job Ashwinn... there is a junior chemist assistantship at BU for 12 months"

"u could do that anytime Trish"

"I have spent so many months doing nothing"

"the week Mom is here you have to wrap up job prospects?"

"I also wanted to go to Ullal"

"right now?"

"sometimes..."

"Why?"

"I havent seen Aaanu" she teared up

"U can call him?"

"Not everyday... he doesnt answer"

"U can bring him here"

"I cant" she said heartbroken reminded of Mandira's polite refusal

"He doesnt care to see me Trish"

"I miss him"

"Ummm"

"I am not going now OK"

"But u are"

"ashwinnn... your mother sister and Dadu are here"

"If uve already made up your mind"

"I can do in some days"

"why cant he come here?"

She struggled to answer

"i get it... he probably doesnt wnat to live in my house?"

she wanted to say that wasnt the reason

But she didnt want to tattle on Mandira either

She let the question float

VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Glad you referred to Aanu Nisha ...
I have been wondering how Trisha has remained in Blr, with no contact with her father , specially when he disapproves of Ashvin. I was also wondering how Prakash Shanbag has remained silent and not checked on his daughter, though, he could have thru her friends' calls.

Aanu arriving at Indiranagar will be too hot a mix for anyone to handle including us ! Hyperacidity and panic attacks all around then I guess 😆😆

But perhaps his arrival will give the young couple a shove in the right direction  What fun it would be if both old men decide to play joint Cupid !! Dadu has his act together already though.

Interesting to watch Ashvin bat for his mother with Trisha ! Does he want them to get closer? food for thought...hmmm
and all the more interesting that Trisha does not divulge that Mandira is the reason she cannot call her father to Blr!!!

Btw, how is Trisha managing for money ? She has done some random shopping, is travelling around Blr, and we do know she has very very limited funds. Is that one of the reasons she is looking out for a job ?

Edited by VeeIyer - 6 years ago
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
I liked this update. Reality has to sink in for them.
They should know what they are getting into. How the equations between them and the people love are going to be?

Ashwin wake up and see that your mom isn't very happy that Trisha is going nowhere. 

Come what may the Girl needs to be welcomed as she is leaving everything behind and coming to your place and in this case even her father is not happy about it. Ashwin, give your relationship formal name and let the world know. Mandira is not right in indicating Trisha that her father is not welcome.

I hope Leela opens her big mouth and tells her brother everything. 

Ashwin I really now wish you take your relationship with Trisha to another level. 

Another problem which Trisha will face is: She doesn't have money. She is looking our for job. She needs to complete her studies and you seem to be detached from all the reality which she is facing. 

That's not going to work.  Nisha, waiting for their relationship to move further. 

I am even waiting for my Suvi's life to be complete. 
Edited by PriteeMisra - 6 years ago
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PriteeMisra

I liked this update. Reality has to sink in for them.

They should know what they are getting into. How the equations between them and the people love are going to be.

Ashwin wake up and see that your mom isn't very happy that Trisha is going nowhere. 

Come what may the Girls needs to be welcomed as she is leaving everything behind and coming to your place and in this case even her father is not happy about it. Ashwin, give your relationship formal name and let the world know. Mandira is not right in indicating Trisha that her father is not welcome.

I hope Leela opens her big mouth and tells her brother everything. 

Ashwin I really now wish you take your relationship with Trisha to another level. 

Another problem which Trisha will face is: She doesn't have money. She is looking our for job. She needs to complete her studies and you seem to be detached from all the reality which she is facing? 

That's not going to work.  Nisha, waiting for their relationship to move further. 

I am even waiting for my Suvi's life to be complete. 

Ditto ! Ditto !!

Though in my head, I keep reassuring myself that her life is complete on marrying Neel. Nihar coming around to loving her, as a mother, is a given and I have even accepted that agreeing to Suvi to sleep in his bed when he was sick is the obvious and perfect conclusion to that lovely tale !!
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
👍🏼 Vani, I wish I could think so too. 
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Reluctant he was to let go the pain
Reluctant to forget the event
His life had turned topsy turvy then on
There seemed no end to it all
A chance meeting with Trisha
An assessment of her need
A thought occured to his delight
I'd spot the folks that scripted my woes 
Was the thought uppermost in his head
The contract signed, the plan in action
Nothing went as he had intended
Slowly he was drawn and fell madly in love
With the girl he thought he would shun
She too was attracted and hopelessly in love
They strayed apart till the patriarch that sensed they were meant to be together
Orchestrated and moved with definite intent
To bring the two to face the truth
Reluctantly she admitted her love
He followed soon to admit to her dad
Refusing to see the obvious both parents were in denial
Accidents and books the reason became
For the visit. She was delivered at his door
He refused to let her go
The lonely lad is surrounded now with folks he loves
Refusing to budge in his stance to the silver haired cupid
Reluctant to give up his indifferent air
His actions though a different tale tell
Errantnomad thumbnail
I so love the title to this update. It's beautiful...Reluctant Refusals... hmmm!! Trisha's reluctance , Mandira's reluctance , Ashvin's reluctance to let his wife go to ullal ..   all these refusals are reluctant, but what I do think is if Trisha does take this proposition to her Aanu pleading him to go with her to bengaluru... the refusal is going to be nothing reluctant, it would be a straight and blunt 'NO' in caps from her Aanu at least for now given the circumstances.

The Man doesn't even answer his daughter's calls everyday , does not even look at Ashvin whenever he has attempted to talk to him, considers his pride to not accept this marriage as a barter of his daughter... how does Trisha think she can convince him to come here and how does Ashvin think that Aanu could come here. That 's tall ask!!

I get Trisha here... I mean our love for parents is immune to logic most times and so is her love for Aanu but to be honest it was not the best of the moves...And of all the people that she decided to first share her thoughts, its not Ashvin or Even Dadu... but who else ... it's Mandira!!!!! Oh Cmon on now for heaven sakes !!!!! I mean the two Ladies don't even have a conversation most times and our very own Ms. shanbag very muddled blurts out her thought to her MIL when the talk of her Aanu comes.

What a day for Ashvin to bat for his mom to his wife? Ha Ha!!!!Lee is definitely going to phooto the Banda here and I'm waiting for the talk Ashvin is going to have with his mom but I also think that it's going to be more realistic given the background for the reluctant refusals.

Me thinks, how about these two together for starters go with old pop to Ullal and just let the man know that these two are indeed going forward with their commitment towards each other and then take it from there gradually one step at a time???? . Aanu should be already guessing this but still it would be left to no doubt if both of them tell him that they have gone too far ahead in their acceptance of their love for each other to even think of nullifying this arrangement.

jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

I so love the title to this update. It's beautiful...Reluctant Refusals... hmmm!! Trisha's reluctance , Mandira's reluctance , Ashvin's reluctance to let his wife go to ullal ..   all these refusals are reluctant, but what I do think is if Trisha does take this proposition to her Aanu pleading him to go with her to bengaluru... the refusal is going to be nothing reluctant, it would be a straight and blunt 'NO' in caps from her Aanu at least for now given the circumstances.

The Man doesn't even answer his daughter's calls everyday , does not even look at Ashvin whenever he has attempted to talk to him, considers his pride to not accept this marriage as a barter of his daughter... how does Trisha think she can convince him to come here and how does Ashvin think that Aanu could come here. That 's tall ask!!

I get Trisha here... I mean our love for parents is immune to logic most times and so is her love for Aanu but to be honest it was not the best of the moves...And of all the people that she decided to first share her thoughts, its not Ashvin or Even Dadu... but who else ... it's Mandira!!!!! Oh Cmon on now for heaven sakes !!!!! I mean the two Ladies don't even have a conversation most times and our very own Ms. shanbag very muddled blurts out her thought to her MIL when the talk of her Aanu comes.

What a day for Ashvin to bat for his mom to his wife? Ha Ha!!!!Lee is definitely going to phooto the Banda here and I'm waiting for the talk Ashvin is going to have with his mom but I also think that it's going to be more realistic given the background for the reluctant refusals.

Me thinks, how about these two together for starters go with old pop to Ullal and just let the man know that these two are indeed going forward with their commitment towards each other and then take it from there gradually one step at a time???? . Aanu should be already guessing this but still it would be left to no doubt if both of them tell him that they have gone too far ahead in their acceptance of their love for each other to even think of nullifying this arrangement.

Ditto ! Loved the title !

These two love their parents .. Trisha wants to bring her dad to show she hasn't thrown her life away !
Ashvin wants his wife to have a normal relationship with his mom and his sister.

Mandira is just being a MIL. She is not nasty. She is trying to befriend Trisha for her son's sake and trying to be inclusive. Trisha is not budging :( Mandira has her own gripe about Mr Shanbag after his actions that has inadvertently taken a toll on her life (which is quiet natural for any mom). I don't expect her to jump and welcome him into her/her son's home. That will be quite unnatural.

But I do agree that these two should go on a road trip to see Aanu. Nix Daddu from the plan. Make it a romantic getaway. Let them stop overnight somewhere, stay in aB&B, then go to Ullal. What say though !
Edited by jaschick - 6 years ago