Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SWAN123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
I do hope Mom-Daughter duos like yours stay strong and blessed. And don't worry about who slots you where.. having a Mom to count on is a blessing ❤️

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

In context I have something to share. My daughter texts me middle of work yday " ma do you have my photo standing under the street board bearing my French name that we took while holidaying" ( in her French class each kid is assigned and called by their French names that's a match with their real names as they sound in English). I replied, I'll check but why?
She goes, "oh the class quiz sucked". I need that for a cultural event pass that will bring my quiz grade up.

It was a very hard quiz and her French teacher said guys I know this is real hard one but this is how this is AP year and this is how it's going to be. Suck it up. But if you can show me something that you attempted relating to learning the culture or language I am allowed to give you a cultural event pass that will allow you to knock off your lowest grade from your PR so far.

So my daughter said to the teacher "well, I unfortunately had to attempt speaking French in a place we were vacationing in the summer and I even have a pic of me standing under the street that bears my French name.
The teacher goes ... that's interesting show me the pic then. But that pic of her was taken from my husband's phone. She said I don't have it right now to which the teacher replies have your mom text it to you then.

So what do I do ? I text my husband who is traveling out of country ... hey do you hv that pic. She needs it. He sends the pic in the next 1 hr and I send it bk to her ... all done in an hour. That's the access social media app gives amidst its perils. We fear it, we bash it and we still use it at every given opportunity.

It's a mad percentage struggle for GPA where success or failure comes with a definite prescription in mere decimals. If decimals ever mattered then it's now though in larger scheme of things in life may be next year ...even she is not going to be bothered about what did she score in what quiz last yr? My daughter was given a window where she could not let her grade drop ...she used it to her advantage and she knew we are there hovering over her. Now does this make me a helicopter parent. May be it does but if somebody just wants to slot me as that... it's a free world and frankly I don't give a rip.

Phew that was a long post but I had to let it out.

😊
Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: SWAN123

I do hope Mom-Daughter duos like yours stay strong and blessed. And don't worry about who slots you where.. having a Mom to count on is a blessing ❤️

😊

Hey. Thank you. Got to count our blessings 😊
Errantnomad thumbnail
Oh forgot to mention this kid Leela in this story comes with no strappings of having to be politically correct. That's a great freedom that she gets to exercise at her parental home. She just said it on face to her mom that Trisha a slotted outsider in her mom's book is watching her cry cribbing to her son in front of her DIL. Who would hv expected this kiddo to make such a stmt and show the mirror to her mom.To talk with sweet abandon and get way is not everyone's thing.Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Good morning everyone!
Going for the Dussehra and dandia function at arishka's school
Will sure get connect when and if possible
😊
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Love arguments

"You dont think he is serious?" Sharanbir looked at Mandira piercingly

He sat nursing a drink in the giant living room balcony looking out at the thinning traffic
Bangalore evenings were everything natives described

"Umm pata nahi... I hope not" Mandira mumbled

"U think there is no attraction?" he asked

"She shrugged carelessly as if the existence of such a thing was ridiculous

"I mean think about it Papaji"

"U think he went through the trouble of patching up with her and bringing her back all to spite me?"

Mandira looked a lil flustered

"Umm.. I mean... he hardly knows her, she is a student, a simple girl, has family financial issues"

"Vishwas knew less about you when u married him

Mandira's eyes took on a sad expression, she nodded tearing up

"U loved him and he loved you"

"LOVE" she corrected him through raspy voice

Sharanbir swallowed trying hard to speak

"Aaj kal kahan Papaji"

"Uh... hmmm.. u think youngsters are not capable of love?"

"They might be but, it doesnt look old fashioned or straight forward" she lamented the loss of simpler days

"So its not love?" he asked thoughtfully

"I hope he is happy or will be" she insisted

"Kinne din tussi... how much longer do u plan to arrange his life?" he asked

She lowered her gaze

For as long as I live she thought

"Aapke wajah se woh yoon hai, ya aap uske wajah se yoon ho?" he asked

"Its like he ran into traffic ten years ago while I was watching and barely made it alive, so everytime he opens the front door I cannot help but watch" she said sadly

"Dilli rehkar kiwen hoyega yeh kaam?" he asked reasonably

She shook her head

"There must be something between the two" he said with faraway gaze

"she is attractive... she is simple... she has a unique fashion sense, she is very strong" Mandira listed as if she had it all memorized

"Huh" Sharanbir let his gaze rove her face

"Leela is younger... but have you noticed the innocence in Trisha's face?" 

Sharanbir nodded confidently

"She looks very pristine... like she just walked out of the ocean"

"Small town puttar... simple life u know"

"Aap Rachit ke liye usko soch rahe hain?" Mandira felt a dash of envy

Though she didnt like the girl as a DIL, she didnt want her son's "thing" to be snatched

"Mere kayi soch haingey ne puttar" he said cryptically not revealing anything

"rachit and Ashvin are friends... he is not going to like it"

"Onaan di marji poochhan main?" he asked mocking if he shud beg Ashvin for permission before taking Trisha away

Mandira bristled

"she is with him today na"

"Woh gal sahi haigi" Sharanbir gulped down his drink

"How is her father?"

"I dont know pappaji... Ashvin naal gall karo tussi" she said hoping he wud talk to her son

"Its her father I will ask Ms Shanbag" he grinned

"u like saying her last name?" she smiled nervously

"she emailed me... emails me with that name only" he laughed out loud

"Since ur car is gone tomorrow, u can have mine" Ashvin peeked and offered his car to his grandpa

"Ms Shanbag suggested?" he poked his grandson mischievously

He relaxed now... letting go of the serious expression from a minute ago

"i will laugh, if thats what u expected" Ashvin shrugged carelessly

"where is ms shanbag?" he asked

"She is on the phone, talking to friends" he said firmly

"she does not want to talk with u?"

"Another joke? U expect me to smile?"

"Oh no... no.. I am asking a serious question puttar" he said

"If I say yes she hates talking to me, I will give u what u are looking for, not sure why you constantly need reinforcement that you are superior, 
if I say no she does love talking to me, your task of disentangling her from here and handing her over to Rachit will get harder"

Sharanbir looked at him coolly crossing his arms over his head on the lounge chair

"I am going to go to bed" he told his Mom bending down and kissing her cheek

"In your own room?" he poked

"Umm.. yes... if u dont mind... and no I dont need any advice on exercising my conjugal rights" he nodded

"He can argue!!" Sharanbir said admiringly, his eyes sparkling with love

"Beta kinka hai" Mandira said nodding with pride

moonwearer thumbnail
So the parallels are drawn... Trisha's qualities discussed and the fact that they are in love is presented. Mama Naran g still is hoping against hope Trisha will vanish from her son's life. How disillusioned she is carrying the guilt that she did not protect her son a decade ago.
A lovely update ...a reality check for Mandira.
Thanks for the treat Nisha.
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Ye Rachit ka kya chakkar hai bhai...
He is being the centre of discussion all the time
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Ashwin seems very genuine. 
He is doesn't shy away from speaking his mind. And there is no love lost between the grandson and grandfather. Both watch out for the other. 
Mandira, why do you want to destroy your son's life? Let him be. Can't you see if it was mere attraction they would rush things up. Whereas your son is letting Trisha be. 
As for Trisha, she might not go to extra length to please someone but atleast is mindful of others feelings. 

Thank you as always Nisha. 

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
"Umm.. yes... if u dont mind... and no I dont need any advice on exercising my conjugal rights" he nodded

"He can argue!!" Sharanbir said admiringly, his eyes sparkling with love

"Beta kinka hai" Mandira said nodding with pride

🤣
This dadu n ashwin arguements are sooo cute n funny!!!
That part here dadu crossed his arms over head in that chair made me 🤣
He loves answers from ashwin.😊
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Mandira dnt want to admit trisha as her dil and she is also against the idea of rachit-trisha jodi!!!
Dadu's reply about rachit was bang on!!!