Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Short reasons and long ones !!
The banter continues, the comfort zone amongst all of them is palpable and both Trisha and Ashvin too seem to be making progress in their relationship.

From Dadu's comments it seems that all he wants is a happy family and his actions have been towards that cause. He has egged Ashvin  enough in the right direction , but it is obvious to one and all that hooking Trisha to Rachit is not his main game plan. Or else, we would have had that young man come along at least once to Indiranagar !!
Ashvin should realise this by now...

Mandira evokes pity ...but not much from me !! if she has chosen to make her son the cause to sustain her thru life then she is due for more disappointments ! She stands as a sure lesson for so many mothers who make their children their cause 24 x 7, standing to lose them in the long run !
Edited by VeeIyer - 6 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Pritee
Thanks

Nobody is totally bad or totally good
There is so much nastiness, and so much suffering in every relationship... there is so much loss too
Even if this lubrication is temporary they all can find some peace in it

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Vani
So true. But such is life

I read a Dr Phil quote

"Wanting to be accepted is our greatest hope, facing rejection is our greatest fear"

Gosh dang it!!

So beautiful
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Vani

So true. But such is life

I read a Dr Phil quote

"Wanting to be accepted is our greatest hope, facing rejection is our greatest fear"

Gosh dang it!!

So beautiful

As true as it is Nisha, Mandira's is a path to sure unhappiness. She is lucky to have her two children love her and care for her. And needs to capitalise on that and live her own life. Holding fort for a grown up son, breathing down his shoulder when his relationship is developing, calling the shots for both of them, is a surefire case of meddling..
I have a 37 year old and hence the gyaan ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
A lovely update to brighten up the morning. The bickering a and banter that strengthen the ties of folks the interesting and the humdrum the offer to tutor a reluctant DIL.
The ease and comfort in the bonding of the young Narangs. The quiet arrival of the suitcase. So the move has to happen. Leela with her mom or Ashvins wife into his...
Thanks Nisha for the update.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Oh yeah I fully agree
Most high society parents are uncaring to the core. She is so worrying and worrisome because of Ashvin's past 
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Aww...sweet...normal family banter...loved it. Typical mommy responses from Mandira๐Ÿ˜Š
SWAN123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Nisha!
You do spin a wonderful story.
.. I think there are people who are self obsessed -a Mom like mandira who worries so much about her Son given his past is still a lot better than a Mom that's prescriptive I would think. A person Who wants and pushes till he / she gets what they want does way more damage than an uncaring Mom of an adult. Like Leela and Ashwin are lost souls but still bizarrely secure because they have a loved one to rebel against Mandira for Leela and Dadu for Ashwin.
Rejection causes heartbreak but as it is for Ashwin and Trisha picking up the pieces are even more difficult than the mishap. Wonder how dadu helped Ashwin through his drugs and drinks cycle? Or what really took him into that and later out of it..
these 2 suck you into their world so easily and...
And waiting for more ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Errantnomad thumbnail

Sometimes I feel was the parenting world a better place where people just procreated 10 to 14 kids where the full fruit bearing cycle of womanhood was put to maximum fruition ? In that world and those times.. the nesting/ care / parenting was just not left to parents but more siblings and extended relatives. That had its positive in a way because parents that generation were then mostly not helicopter parents as most of us are now.

Parenting is always an explosive material that one could write realms on. The fad is slotting most of us as helicopter parents. Hovering over and swooping down to pick your kid up at the first hints of trouble. Are we guilty of doing that. Of course we are .

To be fair...Smoking, alchohol, drugs then and today's contribution is internet, sexting, easy access to inappropriate content ... it's a even more daily hard grind now that it was earlier but then the same social media in today's times gives access for the parents to hover over their children , Skype, messenger , face time where the kid after having left home at 18 is still able to reach you in seconds saying he or she wants you to bail out of the situation he or she has gotten into be it in college, be it at work or be it a pub party.

Then one day the parent not ready to let go is hit with a realization that your daily parenting is not needed any more and that harsh reality comes as a slap from no one but the kid that you kept swooping up.

Mandira is in that state of parenting where there is a huge gap between the fear of unknown and reality. She is going to have to get her head around to learn not to miss the daily grind of parenting.

I have read that raising kids could be the best thing you ever do and one need not be necessarily the best at doing that . Learning never stops.
Errantnomad thumbnail
In context I have something to share. My daughter texts me middle of work yday " ma do you have my photo standing under the street board bearing my French name that we took while holidaying" ( in her French class each kid is assigned and called by their French names that's a match with their real names as they sound in English). I replied, I'll check but why?
She goes, "oh the class quiz sucked". I need that for a cultural event pass that will bring my quiz grade up.

It was a very hard quiz and her French teacher said guys I know this is real hard one but this is how this is AP year and this is how it's going to be. Suck it up. But if you can show me something that you attempted relating to learning the culture or language I am allowed to give you a cultural event pass that will allow you to knock off your lowest grade from your PR so far.

So my daughter said to the teacher "well, I unfortunately had to attempt speaking French in a place we were vacationing in the summer and I even have a pic of me standing under the street that bears my French name.
The teacher goes ... that's interesting show me the pic then. But that pic of her was taken from my husband's phone. She said I don't have it right now to which the teacher replies have your mom text it to you then.

So what do I do ? I text my husband who is traveling out of country ... hey do you hv that pic. She needs it. He sends the pic in the next 1 hr and I send it bk to her ... all done in an hour. That's the access social media app gives amidst its perils. We fear it, we bash it and we still use it at every given opportunity.

It's a mad percentage struggle for GPA where success or failure comes with a definite prescription in mere decimals. If decimals ever mattered then it's now though in larger scheme of things in life may be next year ...even she is not going to be bothered about what did she score in what quiz last yr? My daughter was given a window where she could not let her grade drop ...she used it to her advantage and she knew we are there hovering over her. Now does this make me a helicopter parent. May be it does but if somebody just wants to slot me as that... it's a free world and frankly I don't give a rip.

Phew that was a long post but I had to let it out.Edited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago