👏 👏 😆
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Kalpana
So IT WILL

Its going to catapult for her.
In ways she never thought of.

I am burning midnight oil trying to come up with a logical rational scenario of how I can do that. (I know... I know... itni mehnat padhai mein ki hoti to awwal number aatey)

I have strewn the game pieces all over the place
I have to align it all together.😉
Errantnomad thumbnail
I very well see the burnt midnight oil in the frequency of updates coming our way Nisha. I also see the strewn game pieces set to either to get knocked off or to roll and plunge forward. I feel it's like the catapult which is first pulled back to create the momentum to get launched with such force that propels it fwd.

The other mrng in my head I was trying to fit sharanbir as Ranjan Bhalla, Mandira Narang as chachi 420 who wants recognition and power for her son and Ashwin Narang as the entitled chachu's sons. And Mandira's over achieving nephews like dude in contempt of under achieving Ashwin and mandira's burn on that count. You know 'what if 'kind of scenarios that go in our head but Ashwin being the underachieving protoganist gives a different spin to it as the grandson wanting recognition and acceptance from his grandfather scion Sharanbir Narang.

This unpredictability that sorrounds this guy is more like pressure you know these guys have to take the family legacy fwd. Born with a silver spoon and yet not. Because if you are slotted as an underachiever , life does get bitter for them with the humiliations they go thru unnoticed by outsiders but very much there as the elephant in the family room. But I'm loving this fallibility.

But you know what Nisha I love this approach that you are taking. If I had to give a M&b kind of romantic
twist, Ashwin would have been this gentleman quarterly cover playboy who would have had a Summer fling or a one nighter with Trisha , something that would hv meant more to them than just that without them realizing that before going separate ways only for the lady to conduct herself with pride and dignity to manage and save her parents home and business all the years she spent away from him to later come in contact with him only to be coerced to accepting a marriage proposal because the guy needs a heir and blah blah blah with it finally ending as a happily ever after 🤣 😆 .

Thank God this is not a M&B or a Harlequin romance and We have you seeing love where none exists. Thank you for deciding to burn the midnight oil to be that meddler 😊
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Kalpana
Hey, its a no judgment zone
PLEASE come up with whatever scenarios you like

Its probably going to be close to that.

Afterall  its a desi love ishtory
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Leap of faith

"I am sorry I did not know" he said politely.

"Thats OK. Can I watch it online?" she asked politely

"Oh?" "Umm.. I think so... can you hang on a second?" he asked

"It may get disconnected as network is bad for Reliance" she said softly

"Dont worry we can talk later" he said smiling

She nodded as he hung up

"Trisha" the way he said her name seemed unusual... and... different... yes it was different

She pulled out her research and started penciling in notes.

She had all the moral and emotional support she could ever want or need, both from Aanu and Jayadev
But research was daunting

Everything was taking longer than expected. The advisors were exhausted too she noticed

She took more breaks and returned home frequently at 11 AM or 1 PM since it was only 16 kms from the Univ
Sometimes it took hours but she was happy to be home. She went to the restaurant directly and helped out with cleaning fish or wiping down tables before dinner.

The bar was now a dessert show case, that didnt get used much

Her mother not only was a fabulous cook she also made great desserts, authentic and delicious

Nowadays she spent the early breaks helping get dinner ready, cooking large quantities of rice, taking care of the first batch of frying

Thats what caused the oil splatter.
She was not a cook. Her mother was old fashioned and tradional and uneducated

Her father not wealthy had married her young and ran the restaurant as a philanthropic enterprise

Her mother wanted her married when she turned 19, threw a fit at 20, cried and sulked in Trisha's early 20s

She tried her best to domesticate Trisha

But Trisha was happy eating leftovers from the restaurant and burying herself in her books

She was not a genius student, she loved Chemistry, hence the Ph D enrollemnt

Well.. the main reason being she wanted to avoid the marriage topic. She thought it wasnt "modern" to be married at 20. Only hicks married at 20 she told her mother.
Her mother complained that "Bangalore is infecting Ullal"

Trisha was normal and wanted it all, no doubt.
She had set ideas about marriage, and her baamnu (husband).
She wanted to marry a "prince". "Someone that wont pester her to get a government job or railways job" 
She could take her scooty to college and back (a scooty that was old and rusty and parked behind the restaurant now)

Sanchit and Aanu had a falling out, Sanchit disappeared

Then Aavsu (mother) passed away,  restaurant slipped into financial decline (it was in decline already after the bar was shut down, but the regulars still showed up to eat Aavsu's food.)
They renamed it when the bar shut down and called it "Yeh & Yang" but the food  was hardly "fusion". It was mainly Konkani with an occasional Thai or Chinese twist

Jayadev "fit" her baamnu profile. Her height, slim, thick curly hair and a sexy pout.
He was from Mysore, started coming in for the food at first, then Trisha and him met on the bus many times.

The relationship turned sexual during monsoons two years ago, when Jay's room mate went to Patna

She was sure now she loved him

Though they abstained from sex mostly, since she was guilty she was cheating and not telling her father.

She smiled feeling her silky messy locks

Maybe tomorrow after the movie we should make love again?

Her insides ached with hunger and longing.

He told her he watched  a" bunch of "foriegn" videos".

"You are not supposed to tell me that" she would say while making out

"You are my everything" he said confidently

Her father would be thrilled if she married him.

They were the same caste, language, cuisine...

Whats not to like...

She looked at pictures on her phone of Jay... in the Univ, that nice fountain by the Siddeshwar temple.

Talking on the phone...

She scrolled through her picture folder looking at the passengers across the aisle, she bend down to look casually

There was a picture  of a F&B kiosk at Cusine Craft and she saw Ashvin's picture on the kiosk wall talking about what a great industry franchising is.

She "looked" at him for the first time. The tall stature, the smooth neatly trimmed and combed sideways parted hair, almost no sideburns.
He was wearing a brown blazer, khakhis and a peach colored shirt

He appeared rich, and educated and "smooth" she thought.

He doesnt wear socks, how can he be "smooth"?
Which man wears a peach color shirt? Men wear blues and greys. She nodded. "manly in pink and peach" was too modern for her she decided.
She laughed out loud, like a silly girl.

She knew the restaurant need oxygen, and fast.

Another three months in the red, they would be ready to shutter it.

She had never worked so she had no money. Jayadev was also broke so he couldnt give her a dime.
Prakash Shanbag did not utter a word but Trisha knew he had placed immense trust in her secretly for turning things around.
If only she could wave a wand and change everything overnight like in the movies.
if not...
Her father would be so heartbroken... she couldnt even imagine it.
He even spent his afternoons bringing shine on the brass serving bowls.

He knew where everything was in the restaurant.

He treated it like it was a person.

He forced the cooks to adhere to her mother's recipes.

They were actually a couple new cooks who were good at Asian cooking

the lunch crowd appreciated them too.

But to her father it was a betrayal of the mother, so he wanted it all "be like it was before"

"If you want everything like before. then I shouldnt marry also" she would offer

"Dont be silly. He is a good boy" Prakash nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His apartment near Indira Nagar  was built by Brigade, NOT by Narang Construction

It was not very big just 4 bedrooms and a bath for each

"Its good Mom" he smiled as they looked down the balcony, asnwering her "how was work today"

"You should sign up for 100s of franchising licenses a month, hire sales people, go aggressive and show your Dadu" she said passionately

"Unfortunately, we can do a license a month or less" he said quietly

"No new prospects?" she panicked

"there was one today.." he said, downed his Sprite and said "From Ullal" he said

"ULLAL SE? KAUN HAI?" she asked panicking

"If I say the name you might leap off the balcony, so lets go back in" he smiled flashing his perfect teeth

"Ashvin" she waved a perfectly manicured finger warning him

"Its some Shanbag" he said flatly

"RABBAAA" she gasped

"Mom, Shanbag is like Sharma or Gupta or Singh in Delhi" he dismissed her in a mocking tone.

VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ahahhhaaa...The RABAAA in caps says there are skeletons in the cupboard ringing bells like maaad 😛 !!!
Are you sticking to your original plan of only ten parts Nisha ? 
If yes, the end draws closer and you have to tie all the ends together in a jiffy...look forward ! Hope the midnight oil contnues to burn...selfishly 😃 😆
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Interesting twist ! How is this girl going to fall for Ashwin ??

What's Mandira's baggage ??
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Counted the updates just now ! Eight done and dusted...
Two updates main poora kahani unfold hoga ?? 
You have us chewing our nails, speculating like mad, even made Trisha's mother a Narang from the past !! 
Put us out of our misery Nisha ...JALDI !! JALDI !!
Edited by VeeIyer - 6 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Waiting for that 'rabba' to unfold...
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Okkk
So whats the mysteryyy
Tell us moreee
I need some unfolding tonight before u are off to bed!!
Pleaseee