Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hands & Ears

She managed to live day after day that way. He was asleep all of Sunday and when he woke at 4 PM her door was open and she was missing. When he was ready to go out for the evening he saw her get off an auto
Without giving him a second look, her hair looked great he noticed, she wore a white tiered cotton skirt with 
floral embroidered pattern at the bottom, and navy sleeveless blouse

She didnt pause or flinch when she saw his car leave the apartment gates

She was locked up in her room when he returned at midnight

On Monday when he came home at lunch time he found her chatting with the guy on their floor with a cat

He was once introduced to that obese cat, it had some ridiculous name he thought, 90s pop music singer, Michael Bolton or Elton John?

He was showing her something on the phone in the walkway leading to the building

Must be cat videos he thought.

Atleast he had original ones Ashvin assumed

The guy, Prasad waved at Ashvin

He nodded in ack, she didnt even look up!!!

So immersed in the video.

He sensed she was friendly and approachable, just not in his case...

He should have been thrilled but it hassled him

He almost didnt return to work on Monday afternoon, when he did Chirag wanted to know if he was going to be around the weekend

Friends were planning a Mysore getaway and wanted to know if Trisha would go

"I am not sure havent seen her" Ashvin tried to make it sound flippant

"I believe you. You guys have your own rooms"  Chirag ridiculed him

Ashvin wanted to retract his comment and say "Oh I saw her at lunch and she said she was busy"

He went home at 7:30 and deliberately walked down to her room her door was open but she wasnt in the room

He browsed the web spoke to friends, showered, gave the cook another evening off, and prepared to go eat out with friends. His phone was on fire this evening
He spent most of the time on it

Wandering in and out

He saw her get off an auto carrying bags

Chirag wandered over and she greeted him showing her Food World bag

He bend down and peeked

They laughed.

He asked her something with concern about her left wrist, "Is this hand hurt?"
she shrugged it off and showed him her right hand wrist bone

Chirag nodded and commented at how the scab looked

He reached and grabbed her bags as she tackled her flying dupatta, 
she handed it to him gladly telling him some amusing grocery story. She was comfortable and relaxed and friendly with Chirag
He wanted to tell her what Chirag's motives were.
Goddamn it

How many times did she change in a day he wondered

She was now wearing a particularly gorgeous all over red simple
 cotton salwar kameez with a grey silver cotton dupatta
They disappeared below into the building

She knocked as expected just as he wondered who was letting her in every time

The cook?
The guard down below?
He was going to wait for her to ask for a key he thought

Atleast she will talk then

He heard cheerful chatter by the elevator

Prasad, Chirag and her voice

"You left a trail of coconut water" Ashvin heard

There was a ring on the door

"I dont know if he is home" she panicked

Ashvin paused by the door
He didnt open
"You dont have a key?"

"Nooo" she shook her head vigorously

"Thats crazy, what if he is out of town?" Chirag was being possessive

"Oh?" she nodded agreeing

She rang the door bell again

Coconut water pooled by her feet from her leaky Food World bag

He opened the door

"Hey" Chirag and Ashvin shook hands

"Do you need help?" Chirag hollered as Trisha just walked past Ashvin towards the kitchen

"I can manage" she said

And was gone

She brought back a cleaning cloth and kneeled down and wiped the doorway clean, the elevator guy had informed the bldg maint and they were scrubbing her path

"what was it?" Ashvin asked hoping she would answer

"She asked them not to split the coconut open the kid on the street did.. she sprinkled the holy juice all the way home" Chirag answered

"I gave you coffee powder so you owe me coffee" Chirag said to her as walked back into the house

She paused to grin at him

"I can make coffee" she nodded innocently

"Mujhe coconut water nahi pasand hai yaar dont gimme that. Just warning" Chirag laughed

She could feel Ashvin ogling

"I will make now" she said and went in

when Ashvin came to the kitchen to grab water she started talking cheerfully thinking it was Chirag

"Only one computer no, so paying bill took long time at Food World. Indira Nagar Food World is like..." she turned

she found her husband leaning on the fridge uncapping his sparkling water bottle, the way he was looking at her this evening was making her uneasy and bashful she thought.
He on the other hand believed she thought of him as a picture hanging on the wall or the swaying curtains, inanimate and inorganic

She had put her dupatta away on her bed before turning to the kitchen.

"Umm..." she withdrew self consciously

"I have ears Trisha" he said flicking his ear lobe

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
The realisation that she was friendly by nature but had nothing to share with him...that she brought grocery from Ullal and now food world...that she picked a wipe cloth to clean the coconut puddle...that she changed several times a day..that she got off the auto several times...Ashvin is watching her and that is of great interest to her.
moonwearer thumbnail
Sonal dear not seen you in a while is everythgk Okay...
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
By being aloof, not friendly, distant is she punishing herself or him. Punishing herself I can understnad, but what has he done. He offered her a deal and she accepted, she can make her life a bit comfortable by at at least  acking his presence. He has treated her with respect, has not invaded her privacy, has not stopped her from doing anything, why  is she being so unfriendly with him? Perhaps she doe st what to give him any ideas about the relationship, or perhaps Shen is biding her time, waiting for him to be fed up and leave her. 
For me I am waiting for that moment when she will Ben forced to acknowledge his presence. Perhaps he faLos sick or has an accident or whatever and she is forced to take care of him. Aur Phir...
moonwearer thumbnail
She notices he shaves regularly and his har is trimmed...she notices the food stain on his shirt and more importantly the lipstick mark...she is consciously excluding him from her world...It definitely is not done when he has been considerate. All he seems to want is to see her Aanu hurting.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
You should understand Shru, Trisha will have a chip on her shoulder. He is wealthy, she is not, she married him for money
He told her clearly not to have any expectations
He made her sign a prenup
Come on, after all that you expect her to be "nice" to him

Every time she interacts she probably tells herself she is just a element in the agreement nothing more nothing less

She has no such pain points with Chirag so why cant she be normal with him
It doesnt take any effort

Telling someone, "Dont expect anything from me. Money emotional or physical pleasure. But i will be polite to you"
Doesnt really invite lifelong friendships you know
Edited by Nisha0604 - 6 years ago
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The tale is poised at cross roads and right now I sense Ashvin's male ego is taking a beating ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
He feels, Iam as good looking or better looking than Chirag or the fatcat owner...Don't I warrant a polite conversation or acknowledgement of my presence ?! I have bailed your father out of his predicament ( albeit to serve his purposes) don't I warrant eternal gratitude ?!

And the fact that he is uncannily attracted to her against all that he has said till now, grates all the more. 
Trisha is still hurting and Chirag is just one friendly voice and face she reaches out to...nothing more..and little realising she is waking up the slumbering warrior with every little thing she says and does. 
I want to go out on a limb here and say they will get together and be there for each other when his family tries to take them apart ! How's that ??!! ðŸ˜Š
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
One other question from different side of my brain: why is she not questioning his motives ? What's in it for him ? Why is a smart, rich young man asking a middle class stranger to marry him and is willing to put away 60 lakes or so !!!Agreed, Love for dad - she made the hasty decision but is she not thinking why now ?

Nisha - please enlighten us
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Pages -47,48,49,50 :) do your HW. We will catch up tomorrow!!!😆

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Jazzy , wish I could catch everything coming our way hot. Straight to 50 pg. wow.How many tdy? 2 or 3?Hubs and my Amma's bday and last wkend of them and Mil here. So a Huge gathering and lot of din. Have fun all ... will join you all in another 3-4 hrs when the guests leave.

Just sneaked in to the bathroom for a face wash and to check status here. Will read them in a while.

Edited by jaschick - 6 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Gosh!!!
Ashvin is crazily envious
He will get superly angry soon
I can sooo bloody sense it.
Any setting...the green monster in him shall trigger ...am just looking forward to it ðŸ˜†
That overweight cat ðŸ¤£