Kamal Haasan lionises Baahubali but asks an important question..

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

disclaimer-this is not a BB2 bashing topic๐Ÿ˜›

Kamal Haasan lionises Baahubali but asks an important question

Kamal Haasan feels that Baahubali is a great film but the story of the film is more driven by computer graphics.

By  Gautham Pattikonda  |    May 12, 2017 05:45 pm 
Kamal Haasan lionises Baahubali but asks an important question

Kamal Haasan lionises Baahubali but asks an important question-Thespian Kamal Haasan was all praise for SS Rajamouli's Baahubali and said that the film has set a benchmark for the filmmakers across India. The actor-director opines that Baahubali 2 has unmatchable graphics and it is tough to achieve the records set by the film in the coming years.

Speaking to a leading daily while shooting for Tamil version of Big Boss, Kamal Haasan said, "Baahubali is the best thing that could have happened to the film industry, financially speaking. They've worked hard for it."

Kamal also put forth a question that will make everyone think. "But when they say that we can beat Hollywood, I'd say hold your horses. That's because these are CG horses," says the actor.

Talking about the stories in our industry, Kamal Haasan has a different point of view. "It also proves that we have a great culture and also the best of stories here. But then they say we have 2000 years of culture. There, I'd like to intervene. We are not 2000 years old, we are 70. Don't hark on Chandragupta Maurya or Ashoka; they're not my forefathers. They are so far back in the past that we cannot emulate or interpret [their stories] in modern life. But we are trying to - we are grappling with the past and the present, and slipping and slithering," said Kamal.

Kamal Haasan also hinted that his prestigious project, Marmayogi, might be revived. "Fans have been asking for it for a while. I started it a long time back, but then we began Marmayogi and story-boarded it. It's not like we are a fountainhead of ideas. We inspire each other. I might be inspired to do something," added Kamal Haasan.

Edited by MinzPie - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
nvm..Edited by MinzPie - 6 years ago
Pehchaan.Kaun thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
๐Ÿ‘

Agree totally. But once in a while it's nice to have movies on kings and all because it all seems like fantasy/myth world now ๐Ÿ˜†

Also, we do have plenty of movies portraying last 70 yr old culture.
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
That genre is also good 
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Period films are less than 3% of all the films that are made. So it should not be an issue if someone is going to make a fantastic product like Bahubali out of it.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
What is the important question?
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
bb2 had a great story..the vfx just enriched it more..
kebab_me_haddi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
W*F! no correlation between the title and the content
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
well... he's being pragmatically :)

The idea that our past is of 70 years is interesting, never looked at 'our pasts' that way.
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: JustMySelf

bb2 had a great story..the vfx just enriched it more..

yes๐Ÿ˜Š