sulini76 thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

Did srk-kajol jodi have a huge fanbase after DDLJ? If so, how did KKHH get accepted and become a huge blockbuster hit when Kajol's character was just a second choice for SRK's character? Rani raised this concern with KJ too. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

naaznin thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 9

Because people enjoyed watching it

SakZ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Because she was “Rahul’s” second chance at love. I don’t like the word second choice. if rahul was  anjali’s second chance at love, then people might not have liked it. 

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Everyone was tired of old formula. Karan johar shows love in college and it also shown beauty vs Tom boyish look. I found the movie refreshing and something new. All the outfit of the movie became very popular and music was beautiful. I don’t think it was only Srk and Kajol chemistry but other characters in the movie that made the movie KKHH. Salman khan and Neelam cameo was nice to watch. Toothta taara became very popular and jewelry Kajol wore became popular as well. Let’s say every piece came together. That is why I never like other movies of Karan. KKHH to RARKPK what a downfall.

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Karan drew his inspiration from Dawsons Creek, a source that ignited his creative spark for KKHH

It was a splendid era, the predilection for bittersweet tales of love soared at unparalleled heights.

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

I agree. Nobody bought Rani-SRK in that movie. The movie worked due to Anjali and Kajol’s nailed it completely. College Kajol and the BFF thing with Rahul - is what sold the movie. The 2nd half was amazing in terms of colorful clothes and beautiful sets. We used to have a printed picture of Ladki Badi Anjani Hai first para song when we used to play that Color Match (Color Color What Color) game. smiley37

Anjali sold the movie almost single handedly. smiley27

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I recall an advertisement of Kuch Kuch Hota Hai that said the magical couple (DDLJ Magic) was coming back together. 

I had a lot of Gap/Polo/Tommy Hilfiger clothes and it was nice to seem Srk wearing them 

Highlight is the telephone scene smiley36

The three characters were based off Archie’s but Karan is not a fool to actually give them Anglo names smiley36