Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why does it need a celeb to draw attention to some cause ? I read Indian newspapers and I get to know of acid attacks. I like SRK but why do you need him to be informed about a cause ? Why not read the news and be informed ? why does it need a celeb to draw attention to causes like female literacy or acid attacks or the environment ? Isn't what education is supposed to give us ? Awareness of things and if we want the ability to take action ? 

One of the things education is supposed to give us is the maturity to learn from our surroundings, be it from the news papers or the celebrities or the family or even the random strangers...

How does it matter where you learn from as long as you get educated from it?

Its not like you are being asked to wait for some celebrity to deliver their sermon so that you can wake up and take some action...

If celebrities can use their reach responsibly, they can accomplish a lot more than the common man growing a vegetable garden in his backyard...

Originally posted by: angrybread

When i said my fav that applies to all and fans percieve things here  ðŸ˜† everything is discarded as PR activity quickly .

His  talking on it didn't really help me because i am already aware of the issue, its everywhere. Acid victims are not new...personally faced it in family a long long time ago .

Not that I never heard of it, but never really paid much attention to it...After I read the headline about how he wanted to do something about it(I didn't even care to check out the whole article as usual, just the headline😆) I went and googled the whole thing and got to learn much more not just about it but about the organizations that help such victims and if I can do something towards that cause...

SRK is just a trigger...its not like he inspired me to do it...but that headline happened because it was said by SRK...and more eyeballs read it and even if one person saw and did something about it, then I think the mission is accomplished...

EDIT: sorry about what has happened to your family member...:(
Edited by cricketfan1 - 7 years ago
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Like I was mentioning it to angrybread, recently SRK talked about helping the victims of acid attacks...I bet there are at least a few people like me who paid attention and first of all educated themselves about the issue, become more aware of it and who knows, some may even do something about it? Even if one person does something, that's still something- way better than nothing,no?

chalo atleast your time is worth it and not a waste ...you get to have so much new information through BW forum ðŸ˜†
Edited by angrybread - 7 years ago

chalo atleast your time is worth it and not a waste ...you get to have so much new information through BW forum ðŸ˜†

Lol...not through BW forum...😆..I am not even sure if it was posted here...Because usually only those things that people are offended about see the light here on this forum...😛
Edited by cricketfan1 - 7 years ago
angrybread thumbnail

Not that I never heard of it, but never really paid much attention to it...After I read the headline about how he wanted to do something about it(I didn't even care to check out the whole article as usual, just the headline😆) I went and googled the whole thing and got to learn much more not just about it but about the organizations that help such victims and if I can do something towards that cause...

SRK is just a trigger...its not like he inspired me to do it...but that headline happened because it was said by SRK...and more eyeballs read it and even if one person saw and did something about it, then I think the mission is accomplished...

He has been talking about it for a while but finally got your attention 
angrybread thumbnail

EDIT: sorry about what has happened to your family member...:(

yes one of my teenage cousin along with her friend faced it around 10 yrs ago but thankfully nothing major happend and it went past touching her ear and neck side 
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
@AB Sorry to hear about that incident
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

One of the things education is supposed to give us is the maturity to learn from our surroundings, be it from the news papers or the celebrities or the family or even the random strangers...

How does it matter where you learn from as long as you get educated from it?

Its not like you are being asked to wait for some celebrity to deliver their sermon so that you can wake up and take some action...

If celebrities can use their reach responsibly, they can accomplish a lot more than the common man growing a vegetable garden in his backyard...

Maturity to learn from your surrounding I do agree. It also encourages to look at things and ask questions. Are you going to give money to a foundation because a celeb asks you or do you care how it is spent ? How much of it actually goes to charity vs operation costs ?

@Bold. It comes down to PR for me. Charity and causes are used by celebs to turn a negative image into a positive one. Angelina Jolie is famous for this. How much good does she actually do ? But ordinary activists are those that make a difference and those are not found in entertainment pages but in the news. Politicians make a difference because they could change policy. 

@Red A campaign can become a joke because a celeb uses it irresponsibly. Sting and rainforest activism became a joke because people found out he had like 7 or 8 houses in different countries and his charity was not having a good rating. You just cannot lecture people about environment and live a life of irresponsible excess. Celebs are famous for that. That's why celebs damage a cause more than help IMO. 

He has been talking about it for a while but finally got your attention 

That's because I am not much into reading filmi news...This I just happened to hit upon accidentally on youtube while fishing for a Pakistani drama video...😆

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Maturity to learn from your surrounding I do agree. It also encourages to look at things and ask questions. Are you going to give money to a foundation because a celeb asks you or do you care how it is spent ? How much of it actually goes to charity vs operation costs ?

@Bold. It comes down to PR for me. Charity and causes are used by celebs to turn a negative image into a positive one. Angelina Jolie is famous for this. How much good does she actually do ? But ordinary activists are those that make a difference and those are not found in entertainment pages but in the news. Politicians make a difference because they could change policy. 

@Red A campaign can become a joke because a celeb uses it irresponsibly. Sting and rainforest activism became a joke because people found out he had like 7 or 8 houses in different countries and his charity was not having a good rating. You just cannot lecture people about environment and live a life of irresponsible excess. Celebs are famous for that. That's why celebs damage a cause more than help IMO. 

@red: Absolutely! Ultimately you have to use your own intellect and not just piggy back blindly on someone else's shoulder..

@Blue: True that...But again use your intellect and if you believe in the cause regardless of whether the celebrity is genuine or not...

Basically get the information from whoever you can and do your own research, more importantly use your intellect...