Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: angrybread

Since i joined BW forum i don't take any BW people seriously apart from my favourite as they are always doing PR activites πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Your favorite talked about a really important social cause recently and it helped me look deeper into the matter and see how I can do my part in it...πŸ‘
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angel-likeDevil

@Justmoi --- ... am I missing something? Sorry I didn't go through the conversations but... I don't get you, sorry.. πŸ˜†

I think everyone has POV, POV is what you ultimately put out... and everyone's POV is shaped by many things, among which one may be looking for credibility? 

I don't have a problem with different POVs. It is shaped by our experiences. As long as you keep it to yourself and don't lecture people about it I have no problem. But when you take a stand on something and lecture people I expect you to first follow it. Celebs especially are famous for "do what I say, not do what I do". You take a stand on global warming, live a small life not one that involves a 10,000 sq foot house, and lawns and does not grows your own vegetables, takes a normal flight in first or business class, do not throw parties in yachts and certainly not live a lavish celeb life playboy life like Leo. That's what I am talking about credibility. The normal people that really care about the environment turn their lawns into vegetable gardens, live in small houses, reuse stuff, buy second hand. They are more credible to me than Leo. Hope that explains πŸ˜†
Edited by Justmoi - 7 years ago
Angel-likeDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Justmoi

I don't have a problem with different POVs. It is shaped by our experiences. As long as you keep it to yourself and don't lecture people about it I have no problem. But when you take a stand on something and lecture people I expect you to first follow it. Celebs especially are famous for "do what I say, not do what I do". You take a stand on global warming, live a small life not one that involves a 10,000 sq foot house, and lawns and does not grows your own vegetables, takes a normal flight in first or business class, do not throw parties in yachts and certainly not live a lavish celeb life playboy life like Leo. That's what I am talking about credibility. The normal people that really care about the environment turn their lawns into vegetable gardens, live in small houses, reuse stuff, buy second hand. They are more credible to me than Leo. Hope that explains πŸ˜†

Okay, thanks for elaborating, got it! 

..well, I have nothing to say... :) that is your POV on preacher-celebs.. πŸ˜› 
Justmoi thumbnail

Originally posted by: MadOwhat

Is that logic valid for Meryl Streep as well ??? 

You want to gag Sonu, Irfan etc...are they not entitled to express like you are doing here ??

Is  the follow/UnFollow option redundant on Twitter ? 

Are we no longer democratic country ?

Both HW and BW celebs in case of social justice causes, issues and charity.  I do however make an exception to politics. But those are my standards. Some may find that hypocritical. 
Edited by Justmoi - 7 years ago
Like I was mentioning it to angrybread, recently SRK talked about helping the victims of acid attacks...I bet there are at least a few people like me who paid attention and first of all educated themselves about the issue, become more aware of it and who knows, some may even do something about it? Even if one person does something, that's still something- way better than nothing,no?
Justmoi thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

What if mom and dad don't recycle? 

Leo or Geo...if I see something nice in what someone said, I take it!  

Well in the US it is easy to recycle. So we have recycle bins and garbage bins. Even trash is collected that way so it is easy to separate your trash. It is easy to recycle even in an apartment. As for @Bold, you are a far nicer person than me and I mean it. 

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Well in the US it is easy to recycle. So we have recycle bins and garbage bins. Even trash is collected that way so it is easy to separate your trash. It is easy to recycle even in an apartment. As for @Bold, you are a far nicer person than me and I mean it. 

Perhaps I am a very selfish person who tries to see what I can get if I am spending my time on someone

Oh I am in US too and all this recycling thing started only in the last few years...Leo started talking about it wayyy before that...😊
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I like when stars speak up on issues. Some like Mark Ruffalo do follow it up with work. I like when Prince Henry spoken about depression and visiting doctors or when Jesse Williams spoke about Black lives Matter. It's great to see them use the platform to voice out causes , opinions..however diverse they might be. AB Sr might be a D-bag but his polio campaign worked so well for India. 
If these actors can be hired by brands to market their products then these actors with their reach can influence lot of people. Ofcourse most actors end up using these causes for image-building and PR , but grander scale , even with their PR they do keep the cause talkin for days..could impact an impressionable audience well.

But best part is , these celebs bitching or spewing on sns is fun , it also , importantly breaks the "Celeb aura"..and makes them seem human and sometimes idiotic. 

Given the times of sns , doubt a celeb can stay quiet , even if they want. They need to learn how to articulate, bas.
Justmoi thumbnail

Like I was mentioning it to angrybread, recently SRK talked about helping the victims of acid attacks...I bet there are at least a few people like me who paid attention and first of all educated themselves about the issue, become more aware of it and who knows, some may even do something about it? Even if one person does something, that's still something- way better than nothing,no?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why does it need a celeb to draw attention to some cause ? I read Indian newspapers and I get to know of acid attacks. I like SRK but why do you need him to be informed about a cause ? Why not read the news and be informed ? why does it need a celeb to draw attention to causes like female literacy or acid attacks or the environment ? Isn't what education is supposed to give us ? Awareness of things and if we want the ability to take action ? 
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Your favorite talked about a really important social cause recently and it helped me look deeper into the matter and see how I can do my part in it...πŸ‘

When i said my fav that applies to all and how fans percieve things here  πŸ˜† everything is discarded as PR activity quickly .

His  talking on it didn't really help me because i am already aware of the issue, its everywhere. Acid victims are not new...personally faced it in family a long long time ago .

Edited by angrybread - 7 years ago