Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
a woman is not complete unless she has her biological child.. not sure what are we fending here. women cant get same pay as men... there was this organization which was fed up of  women spending their time in washrooms.with frequent visits... for whatever reason that it forced the company to ask them to produce a medical certificate if they want to use washroom more than twice in a day.. of course women mostly use the washrooms as makeup or gossip rooms... so...
that's no justification for unequal pay... they cant match physically with men and get tired more.. etc...etc.. not to say they shouldn't be paid well.. just that there will be disparities... and there are exceptions...to this rule
Edited by qwertyesque - 7 years ago
lizzy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

a woman is not complete unless she has her biological child.. not sure what are we fending here. women cant get same pay as men... there was this organization which was fed up of  women spending their time in washrooms.with frequent visits... for whatever reason that it forced the company to ask them to produce a medical certificate if they want to use washroom more than twice in a day.. of course women mostly use the washrooms as makeup or gossip rooms... so...

that's no justification for unequal pay... they cant match physically with men and get tired more.. etc...etc.. not to say they shouldn't be paid well.. just that there will be disparities... and there are exceptions...to this rule

@red 
Are we still stuck with those mentalities? 

@black 
No career driven woman will do all those things  which you have pointed out. 
 Such generalisation are plain ignorant. 
Both Male and  Female EE 's can slack at their jobs. 
Why women in general are stereotyped like that. 

And about women getting 'tired'..

We, here are not talking about manual labour. 
But by 'tired' if you meant slacking then 
I don't think gender plays any role in slacking tactics. 

Edited by lizzy84 - 7 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: lizzy84

@red 
Are we still stuck with those mentalities? not me but women in general are :) 

@black 
No career driven woman will do all those things  which you have pointed out. 
 Such generalisation are plain ignorant. 
Both Male and  Female EE 's can slack at their jobs. 
Why women in general are stereotyped like that. 

And about women getting 'tired'..

We, here are not talking about manual labour. 
But by 'tired' if you meant slacking then 
I don't think gender plays any role in slacking tactics. in general it is true that women want to watch soap or do make up while her man works hard! women are wired to be absurd...just think if the women in US refuse to be vain .. the entire US economy will collapse!!! (this by no means was intended to be an insult.. just stating current reality)

lizzy84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

In general it is true that women want to watch soap or do make up while her man works hard! women are wired to be absurd...just think if the women in US refuse to be vain .. the entire US economy will collapse!!! (this by no means was intended to be an insult.. just stating current reality)

@color
This regressive mindset cannot be generalised.
Women put makeup and that's why they are not allowed to have equal social or economic standing ? 
I cannot understand this vain- makeup and pay -gap cycle.

Edited by lizzy84 - 6 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
@color
This regressive mindset cannot be generalised.
Women put makeup and that's why they are not allowed to have equal social or economic standing ? 
I cannot understand this vain- makeup and pay -gap cycle. - just saying why equal pay cant be a reality...there are several factors that go in.. i hope you arent naive to draw the conclusion you just did...

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
In regards to maternity leave, I think companies should start giving paternity leave too, and make it equal to maternity leave so that no company can complain. Because let's face it. Having a baby is hard work, and a woman will need her husband at home at least the first few weeks, so if both new mothers and new fathers get paid leave for at least 2-4 weeks following the delivery, then the company can have no justification for paying women less. I know men too would be happy with paternity leave, as it'll give them time to bond with their newborn.

Many companies in US are starting to give paternity leave. I hope it becomes a trend in India too, as it would really help out many families.

Having a child is a beautiful thing, and a natural part of life. Neither men nor women should be punished for having children, and they should not have to be in the position to choose between career and children. Of course, having kids when both parents are working is difficult and comes with compromises, but it should be up to the couple to decide what they want to do.
Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 6 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

In regards to maternity leave, I think companies should start giving paternity leave too, and make it equal to maternity leave so that no company can complain. Because let's face it. Having a baby is hard work, and a woman will need her husband at home at least the first few weeks, so if both new mothers and new fathers get paid leave for at least 2-4 weeks following the delivery, then the company can have no justification for paying women less. I know men too would be happy with paternity leave, as it'll give them time to bond with their newborn.

Many companies in US are starting to give paternity leave. I hope it becomes a trend in India too, as it would really help out many families.

Having a child is a beautiful thing, and a natural part of life. Neither men nor women should be punished for having children, and they should not have to be in the position to choose between career and children. Of course, having kids when both parents are working is difficult and comes with compromises, but it should be up to the couple to decide what they want to do.

modern women need to be too pampered and that they call feminism... women of older generation have delivered tons of babies without making a big deal of it.. Ok so the working women finds it difficult to be pregnant.. she can always hire help.. to do her work... companies in US are crazy.. they have started asking guys before taking their xrays if they are pregnant... dont trust or make US companies a yard stick of sane behavior... !!!
lizzy84 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..RamKiJanaki..

@ Janaki 
Nice points there..
I agree with you .
Having a child is something very special and both the parents should have equal opportunity to bond with their newborn 
I really hope Indian Companies adopt this practice 
It's commendable that Facebook and Google  give paternity leave to their employees. 
May be few years down the line we will have this in India .

Previous
1 ... 3 4 5 6 7