Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

'I believe in taking life as it comes'

Friday, December 29, 2006 11:35:1 IST
Bollywood actor MILIND GUNAJI made his television debut years ago in a show called Kurushetra on Zee TV. Now he is raring to go with his second innings on television with a daily soap Kulvaddhu
</>

Kulvaddhu is your first daily soap. What prompted you
to do it?
Maverick is a professional production house. Even the channel on which the show is being aired is good. Above that, my role of Vikram Rathod is a powerful one. It's like the whole and soul of the serial just like Amrish Puri's role in 'Virasaat'. I'm also being paid well. I want to concentrate on only one show at a time so that I continue doing films as well. My gut feeling says that Kulvaddhu will be a major hit as Maverick is projecting it well. Rajasthan as the backdrop of the story gives it a grand and traditional look.

How did you begin your television career?
I did a show called Kurushetra on Zee years ago with Seema Kapoor and Parmeet Sethi as co-stars. It was a huge, hit. From there I was picked up by Mukesh Bhatt for Fareb. I continued to get good offers after that. There are only five actors from television who made a mark on the big screen. The first was Shah Rukh Khan. The other actors who did television just followed in the footsteps of Ashish Vidyarthi, Ashutosh Rana, Sharad Kapoor and Manoj Bajpai. I even modelled for Dig Jam Suiting and Shirting's for five years.

Your character in Devdas was appreciated a lot but you didn't benefit much from it! 
Post Devdas, there came in a trend of comedy films and everyone was making only comedy films. I did get an offer for Phir Hera Pheri, which was a hit. I also did films like Dev, Assambhav, and Elan but those films didn't work at the box office.

What do you think of Anuj Saxena as a producer?
He's a fabulous producer. He is extremely polite, humble and co-operative. We get whatever we ask for on the sets. Everything is being taken care of.

Which are the films that you are currently doing?
I am doing N. Chandra's Breaking News in which I am playing a Don, Black and White directed by Subhash Ghai in which I'm playing a terrorist head. I am also doing Mudrank-The Scam. Gas station by Arun Frank is ready for release. I am also doing Vrinda with Sonali Kulkarni.

Kitu Gidwani is your senior in the industry. How do you find her as a co-star?
I have worked with Kitu in Kamal Hasan's 'Abhay'. She's a fantastic actress and doesn't throw any tantrums. Even the girl, Daljit, who's playing the main protagonist, is quite bubbly. The atmosphere on the set is very good.

Are there any new projects that you are doing?
I am concentrating on Hollywood films as well. One is Veild Existence by a British production company called Walk Tall Production. I am also doing Singularity in which I am working with Aishwariya Rai and a few others. I am also doing two Bhojpuri films.

How do you manage your film and serial shoot simultaneously?
I am seriously in trouble (laughs). I'm shooting day and night. I am doing a daily soap for the first time so it will take time in adjusting to the hectic schedules. However, I'm not complaining because working round the clock is good for my career.

What is your sixth book all about?
Most of my books are on travel. The sixth one is titled Mysterious Maharashtra. It is available in English, as well as in Marathi in Gudh Ramya Mahrashtra. The book is about all the mysterious happening and miracles in Maharastra.

You are also into photography. Tell us about it.
I am a Technical Engineer also. While studying Engineering, I developed photography as a hobby. I enjoy wild life photography the most. I am very fascinated by it. I have already held three exhibitions of my pictures and intend to do another one in January or February.

Which are you favourite television programs?
I watch Travel and Living on National Geographic, ESPN, and Discovery, whenever I find time for it. Now I think I will try to watch Kulvaddhu.

Tell something about your personal life.
I am happily married to Rani and we have a fourteen-year-old son. My wife is anchoring a cookery show Manasi on ETV Marathi, a show targeted at housewives.

Don't you want to anchor television shows?
I am anchoring a Travel based show, Happy Journey on ETV where I travel to exotic foreign locations.

What are your future plans like?
I believe in taking life as it comes. I am happy the way my career is moving. I am well settled in life.

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;am p;am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=December2006_tvtrack_standar d335&child=tvtrack

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago
shruti thumbnail
Imran Mashkoor Khan

Friday, December 29, 2006 11:29:14 IST
'I'm excited by a woman who leaves a lot up to myimagination!'
</>

On your sex appeal
I haven't the faintest idea, actually... I really have no clue why women give me the time of day but, hell, I am not complaining!! I'm really not aware that there's anything fascinating about me.. I'm a fairly ordinary kind of a guy.. And I am sure if I knew what it was, I would get so conscious of it that it would ruin things (laughs).

How girls react to you
They react well, I guess... I am told I have an okay sense of humour. I make them feel safe and above all that, I'm told that I'm quite the upright kinda guy. Now whoever thought that'd
work! (Laughs).

Your first date
Under a tree near a hospital in Nainital. It was the beginning of winter ……. Well, that's all that
I'm telling.

Your first crush
I really can't remember. One likes so many things about so many people, and adolescence is really a time when your hormones do all the thinking for you. Plenty of crushes came and went, but nothing serious until I was in my late teens, when I met this girl at an IPSC event. It took me five whole years to ask her out. Thank God it worked!

Your most cherished compliment
That I am what people ought to be. I guess that's the best compliment someone can give you: that they think you're an IDEAL guy. incidentally, 
I got that compliment from the same girl mentioned above.

Your wildest compliment
I guess I've gotten some really wacky one's in my time. The best, I think, is that I've got a real "turn-on-tool" for a voice. I get that one a lot, somehow. Watch Kulvaddhu and tell me if you agree (laughs).

Love & romance..
I think people have somehow gotten fixated on the notion that romance in the classical sense is overrated. The more modern we get, the more cynical we become.. Personally.. I'm a bit of a romantic (not that I'll ever admit it again!). Love definitely is something to be valued, never taken for granted, and to be given freely, fearlessly, and unconditionally always.

Lust...
Is great, as long as I am at the receiving end! In that case, I'm all for it! (Laughs). Actually, it's
a great thing, but only when combined with responsibility

On a nudist beach
I don't like those. I find I'm more exited by a woman when she leaves a lot up to my imagination.

What if a girl made a pass at you?
I'd love it! I thrive on affection and admiration. It's always nice to feel liked, and attractive, I guess. And, when you're as ugly as me, you take every bit of flattery with gratitude!

Would you ask a girl out if you liked her but didn't know her well?
Sure! I'm never too quick to judge people. I like to get to know a person and form an opinion gradually. Heaven knows, it may turn out to be really nice. Sure, I would ask her, and see where it goes, what's she like. I'd keep it simple for the first week or so. That way, If I like her, I can take things further. If she turns out to be to the kind of person I don't fancy spending more time and energy on, I could always bow out in a civil manner, and not be stuck in something that may cause grief to both.

What if you fell short of money on a date?
I'd go only to a place I can afford. I do not allow a lady to pay for me ever! I'm a bit old fashioned that way. I really admire ambitious women, who are focused on their careers and dedicated to it. But I'd never rely on my girl for anything at all. That's my job.

Your dream date –
Anne Hathaway at Caf Coffee Day on Carter road with Cappuccino to top it.

Would you dress to impress a girl?
Sure... or I'd lose the right to want her to dress up for me... It's the best expression of how much you think of someone - to look your best for them. it's an underhanded compliment to the person in question that you consider them worth the effort.

Flirtations...
You mean philandering? No! I'm strictly a monogamist. I don't understand how people can adulterate or dilute their affections by having multiple romantic interests. If I were seeing someone, I would invest all my energies in that one person. Otherwise, why would I be there to begin with?

Marriage...
It means responsibility. To be responsible for the welfare of your partner, in every sense, and that of your issue. Either do it absolutely right, or not at all.

What if your girl caught you with your pants down?
She wouldn't! Ever! I'm completely faithful to any woman I date.

Your wildest bedroom fantasy
(Laughs) Wouldn't you really like to know? All that I'll say is that it involves things that are best not put in print.

Are woman a necessary evil?
Women aren't evil, don't be silly. Women are necessary. Period.

(Imran Mashkoor Khan, the good looking dude from Delhi is one of the leading men in Anuj Saxena's dream soap,  'Kulvaddhu', on television. This is a complete contrast to his negative character in 'Millei'. Looks like this young lad is all set to go places....)

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=December2006_lointalk_standa rd35&child=lointalk

Kiran. thumbnail
Anuj Saxena Dreams Big!
[21 Dec 2006]

"IF EKTA AND I CROSS PATHS TOMORROW, LET'S SEE"

There's one thing you've got to credit Anuj Saxena for. He's managed to invent the 48-hour work day. No, really! The number of things he fits in a single day, most of us would rather fit into our weekly schedule. But then again, with the innumerable ventures he has on hand, and many still to come, he has no option but to challenge time, every moment of his life.

It's not like he doesn't look tired. The dark circles under his eyes are a dead giveaway of the monumental hours he puts in. And yet, there is this zeal in them, quite akin to that in a 20-year-old's, who has just stepped out of college and is all set to take on the world, irrespective of how hard his detractors try to bring him down or discourage him.

That is exactly how I'd like to describe Anuj Saxena. Actor, doctor, entrepreneur, businessman, producer, restaurateur… well, it just goes on. And I'm sure, by the time I do another interview, there'll be more added to this already burgeoning list.

It's been a while since we've seen Anuj speak out in the media. Whch is surprising considering he's someone we're so used to reading about on a regular basis, be it any paper or magazine. Conscious move? "In a way, yes," he says frankly. "Sometimes it's good to be a little low-key. But now, things are slowly falling into place." And there's so much to talk about. "Exactly. I hope there's more too. It's nice to know that people still want to cast me as the lead actor. It's good for my ego," he laughs.

Since there are so many different spheres to tackle when it comes to Anuj, I decide to start with the hat he wears best. Acting, of course! Why did he choose to do the cameo in Solhah Singaarr? "It was a special request," he explains. "Also it was for just three to four episodes. It was something I did for a friend more than anything else."

He elaborates on his current acting assignments. "I have Risshton Ki Dor on Sony. There have been a couple of other offers as well. Every time I think I want to leave television, something interesting comes along. I've had about three to four really good offers in the past one-and-a-half month. I try and say no because I don't want to do two dailies at the same time. It's not possible, mainly because of my work schedule. But now I will be doing Aroonaji's (Irani) Doli Saja Ke."

And the role offered to him is that of Barkha Bisht's father. "It's good in a way. Why shouldn't I play a father? I've never played a character like that. It explores the father-daughter relationship. As an actor, you should be prepared to play any character. I know there's this thing in the industry that you shouldn't play papa or mama, because you'll get stereotyped. But you have to convince people of your abilities. Today, I may be playing a father, but then I'm playing a lover boy too."

He continues, "The only problem with Doli…is that it's a daily. When I'd told them yes, Risshton Ki Dor was supposed to go off. But it keeps getting extensions so I'm stuck right now. But I'll have to manage somehow."

Now that he's done so much on TV, is there anything left to do? "I don't know. Like I said, every time I think it's the end of the road, something comes up. I haven't done comedy. I'd like to try that. For me, it's all about experimenting. A lot of people I know haven't. They've stuck around with one particular role and one production house. I've taken the risk of doing different roles with different production houses. TV has become so big in the past five years, you never know what opportunity might knock at my door tomorrow."

Potloads of fame, much lauded for all his performances and yet no awards to show for it. Has he ever given a thought to that? "Somehow I've never got the awards. I guess the industry doesn't consider me good enough to give me an award. But it doesn't disturb me. If it comes, fine; if it doesn't, my work doesn't stop. My love for acting doesn't stop. My career obviously doesn't stop. It's no big deal really."

But Risshton…not doing as well as expected, is definitely a big deal, right? "Well, I expected much more. When the story was narrated to me, it sounded very interesting. I took it up because there wasn't anything like it on TV. The concept appealed to me. But somewhere down the line, everything got jumbled up; to be honest it has become a bhel-puri. I started wondering what the hell am I doing? There came a time I lost interest in the show."

And yet he stuck with it. "Yes I did. Mainly for relationship reasons and Gautam Adhikari. I respect him a lot, both as a director and as an individual. I've told him that I'm not happy with the role, but not that I want to quit. They're trying to work on it now. And it's not like I want my role to be improved or that I want to be the focus of it. At the end of the day, if the story works, if the show's a hit, everybody gets credit. My only problem was that they had so many tracks and sub-tracks, I just got lost. But now I'm told the TRPs are rising. It's got another extension. So let's see."

People are also talking about the complete lack of chemistry between him and on-screen wife, Urvashi Dholakia. "We've hardly shot together. There have barely been any husband and wife scenes. Chemistry between new actors obviously takes time to grow. Provided they work together. My track with her is hardly there. When you shoot with your wife once in 20 days, how will the chemistry develop?"

Point noted. I move on to his producing ambitions? How have they turned out? "Kulvaddhu will be going on air on Sony by mid December. That's my first daily soap. I've already done one interactive game show called Khiladi No 1. I have a weekly coming up on DD early next year. I'm shooting two more pilots as well. So four shows as of now, but I'd like it to be 14."

There's already much talk surrounding Kulvaddhu, which will mark his debut as television producer. Any special reason why he chose Sony? "I was approached with this concept, which I really liked. I shot a 40-minute pilot and marketed it to all the channels. Sony was the first to get back. They loved it. Also, I share a close relationship with them, which goes back to the five years we did Kkusum together. Ten days after Sony said yes, Star came forward, but by then I'd already committed to Sony."

So the decision had nothing to do with the fact that he's known as a Sony star? "Now they've started calling me a Sahara star. For me, work is work, whether it's Sony, Zee, Sahara or Star. I was interested in getting a good product out, it happened to be Sony, so I'm happy."

Sony brings to mind Kkusum, which obviously connects to Balaji and Ekta Kapoor. Ekta, who was once close pals with Anuj, does not share the same relation with him anymore. And most say the reason was Anuj choosing to opt out of Kksusm. Is there any chance of them coming together again? "I really don't know," he states forthrightly. "If tomorrow an opportunity comes, where Ekta and I get a chance to work together, I'll obviously give it a thought. I have no enemies. Firstly, life is too short. And the industry is even smaller. You tend to bump into the same people every other day. Ekta's a brilliant person, a nice girl. I wish her and her family greater success. At the end of the day, she has her own career and I have mine."

Now that he's got into production, he's also a competitor. "But I'm too small compared to her in terms of production aspects. I've just started out; she's been here for 10-15 years. She's a monument in the industry. I'm not competing with her, nor am I comparing myself with her or anyone else. I'd like to make a place for myself, create my own history and name. If Ekta and I cross paths tomorrow, let's see."

And how cool would it be if they joined hands and came up with something? "You never know. Once upon a time, we had the top show on Sony (Kkusum). I don't keep any grudges in my heart. I haven't spoken to her after I left but I'm sure we'll bump into each other. We've seen each other grow up. I've known her since I was a child. We have old family connections which go way beyond Balaji telefilms."

Another person with whom he's mended fences is Mannish Goel. "Well, we used to be close friends once upon a time. Actually, more than close, we were best friends. He's still a good friend of mine. My time constraints unfortunately do not give me too many opportunities to socialize. We talk on the phone, try and meet up too, but my constant travelling makes it difficult."

What brought about the patch-up? "I think both of us have been wanting to patch-up since quite some time. He took the initiative and that was enough for me."

Does he honestly feel it's possible for two actors to be such good friends? "From my side, yes. But then again, it depends on the two individuals involved. I don't see any reason why two actors or actresses cannot be friends. It depends on your insecurity or confidence levels. I personally have no insecurity problems, be it Mannish, Cezanne (Khan) or Ashish (Kaul). I cannot tell you from the other person's point of view if they have any insecurity with me, but I'm one guy who's very confident of who and what I am."

It's that very confidence, which has kept Anuj fixated on his acting ambitions. In fact, it's his dream to see himself on celluloid in the near future. "That's right. I haven't given up at all. Definitely, by next year, I want to do my own film. I'm doing films as a producer too. I can't reveal much now, you'll hear a big announcement soon."

No apprehensions considering his bad film experiences in the past? "Once bitten, twice shy. Twice bitten, third time shy. But I'm hoping it's third time lucky for me. Every actor dreams of the big screen and I don't think I'm any different. Now I have the advantage of having my own production house, Maverick, which makes a big difference. But I won't make a film with myself for the heck of it. I may be an actor but I will never forget that I'm a producer too, and I have to put in money at the end of the day."

Everyone wants to know the fate of his much-delayed film, Lips. "I have no idea. It was a good film, well made. Had it released some one-and-a-half year ago, it would've done okay. I have honestly not been in touch with either my producer or director, to find out what's happening. I've kind of given up on it."

He makes it a point to add, "If it comes out now, I'll definitely promote it. I'm very proud of everything I do, including Lips. I don't feel embarrassed nor do I ever regret. I've done the film, so I'll stand by it."

With so much filling up his life, does he have any time for a personal life? "Not really, but I make time. It's all about time management. I try to go out with friends, at least on weekends. And I take Sunday off to sleep. I work really long hours (quite an understatement!), so I need that one day to just chill out."

Chill out with Juhi Parmar perhaps, considering that's the rumour going around? "Like you said, they're only rumours," he retorts. "She's a good friend but then I'm friends with so many people. Juhi and I have gone out for a couple of films together, we meet at parties. So people go 'Aah, look they've come together. They must be seeing each other'. But then again, it's my personal life and I don't like to talk about it. I don't think I want to discuss it with anyone else."

So these link ups don't bother him? "Not at all. I love them. They're good for my image," he jokes. "I don't deny them nor do I accept them. I just keep quiet. Because ultimately, people will believe what they want to."

People do believe what they want to. In quite the same manner that Anuj has complete belief in all his dreams and aspirations. "All my dreams do come true. I chase them to make sure they do. I'm very high on life today; because there's so much going for me. At the end of the day, I have a vision. And slowly and surely, I'm getting there." Well Anuj, I doubt there's anyone out there who'll question your resolve!

Courtesy: Malashetty

shruti thumbnail
Guess who have become the best of friends? It's the trio of Daljit Kaur, Shweta Kwatra and Manav Gohil. And on them hangs Sony's fate!

Now, that may be an overstatement, but there is no denying the fact that Kulvadhu is Sony's attempt to regain lost ground. Whether it succeeds or not depends on Daljit Kaur, the lead protagonist.

Daljit, who wears titles like medals in an Army officers uniform, has been Miss Pune 2004, Miss Navy Queen 2003 and the first runner up for Maharshtra Queen!

Coming from a family where both her sisters are captains in the Indian Army following their father's footsteps, Daljit carries hem with panache!

Courtesy:Pyaari_Shailee

shruti thumbnail

Run-down 2006

The current year has reached its fag end. While it is on its way to say goodbye, we thought of giving it a proper farewell by recounting the important happenings that occurred during its reign. While it saw many TV celebs reach newer levels of success, it was also witness to not-so-lucky stories of many among them.

We will present you a category wise account of this year's major happenings.

Starting with the actor category (Male), here is what we have for you:

Anuj Saxena

The suave actor, doctor, businessman, and producer added one more title of a restaurateur to his name when he started his eatery: Blue Waters. Moreover Anuj also produced his first primetime soap titled Kulvaddhu for Sony. Apart from professional success; his personal life was also abuzz with rumours about Juhi Parmar being the lady in his life.

Iqbal Khan

The poster boy of the tellydom shocked one and all with his decision to quit his long standing relationship with Balaji Telefilms. Though both Iqbal and the production house maintained that they had parted ways amicably. The real reason seemed to be Iqbal's need for more personal time since he had to get engaged to his long standing girlfriend.

Eijaz Khan

If one Khan got engaged how can the other be far behind? Finally the speculations were put to an end. Eijaz Khan got engaged to co-star Anita Hasnandani this year. The affair was a low key ceremony and the stars preferred to celebrate it in a very personal style. Eijaz and Anita also shot for Meghna Gulzar's film Just Married marking their debut as a couple in films.

Ram Kapoor

Ram Kapoor won the best actor award at the Sixth Indian Telly Awards Fuction for his role in Kasamh Se. Amongst the big list of tellydom nominees Ram received the recognition for his superb performance that has sky-rocketed his popularity among the audiences all over.

Hussain Kuwajerwala

This year also saw the actor win the coveted title of Nach Baliye 2 competition. Hussain had been the hot favourite along with wife Tina. The duo gave a persistent performance in the show and ended up being the winning Jodi. The year end proved to be a new beginning in Hussain's career.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k6/dec/29dec/feature_actors.ph p

shruti thumbnail

Kulvaddhu's Party A Rocking Affair
[30 Dec 2006]

Anuj Saxena the doctor turned actor, businessman, and CEO of production house Maverick's first daily soap Kulvaddhu went on air this Christmas on Sony. The party thrown by Anuj at his restaurant Blue Waters, Andheri to celebrate the launch of his production house Maverick's first mega show Kulvaddhu saw who's who of television besides the star cast of Kulvaddhu gracing the occasion. The evening started with the live telecast of first episode of Kulvaddhu in the presences of star cast, Anuj Saxena and Sandiip Sikand of Sony. After the screening everyone got into the party mood and TV folks kept pouring in till mid-night to wish Anuj.

Anuj's restaurant Blue Waters was decorated to match the Rajasthani backdrop of the "Kulvaddhu" story. There was Bandhani's, Shehnai wala, Mehendiwali, Chudiwala and folk singers and a dancer to highlight the Rajasthani flavour. Everyone raved about the ambiance and the interiors of the restaurant. Since it was also Christmas the festive mood was visible all around. All the guests chilled out as the arrangements reflected opulence. There was enough space to sit, move around, chat and
of course dance on the
dance floor.

On asking how does he feel, Anuj said, "The feedback for Kulvaddhu has been brilliant. I have
to match the hype and look of the first episode. The pressure is more on me. It is an issue of delivering episodes maintaining the quality of content. I am sure the show will rock".

Kulvaddhu Star cast was represented by Daljit Kaur (playing Niyati), Imran Khan (Shourya), Shaleen Bhanot (playing Agni), Ayaz Khan (Rajveer), Surbhi Tiwari, Chetan Pandit, Suhasini Mulay, Sushmita Mukherjee and Rajesh Kumar.

Courtesy:AcquaDiGio

Source:Showtime Magazine

shruti thumbnail

Notice It?

Star Plus' Ek Chaabi Hai Pados Mein should ideally be a daily. It's too good to be enjoyed just once a week. The show shares its theme with Mohalla Mohabbatwala currently running on Sab, but it would be unfair to compare the two, as both are being treated differently by the makers of each. But Chaabi is a treat to watch, capturing the complexities of ordinary life as it does in a touchingly humorous way.

The rest of the cast too is competent but it is lead Varun Badola who has really come into his element here. After the odd Star Bestsellers that he featured and excelled in, it is now that Badola gets to exhibit his histrionics, as even Astitva could not do for him. He is charming, sarcastic and witty and makes you wonder why deadpan heroes become icons on TV while those like Badola continue working unsung?

I am yet to get around to watching Kulvaddhu, the heavily marketed new Sony show. But with the Solhah Singaars and Zaaras that I am still trying to digest, it might just be a while till I get down to appreciate similar minded shows with an open mind!

http://www.indiantelevision.com/special/boxpopuli/y2k6/dec/b oxpopuli34.htm

Noor.T thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Enlarge

Her 'Misses' are her hits!

With numerous beauty titles under her belt, Daljit Kaur is the latest bride in the bahu brigade

Geety Sahgal, S. V Road

After being crowned Miss Pune 2004, Miss Navy Queen, Miss Beautiful Hair, Miss Mumbai (finalist) and Miss Maharashtra Queen (runner-up), the glamour world seemed to be Daljit Kaur's obvious progression. Two years later, this dusky light-eyed beauty is all set to win hearts as Niyati, the main protagonist in Sony television's latest soap, Kulvaddu.

"I was studying for my graduation in Pune, when my friends coerced me to enter the Miss Pune beauty contest. My life after that was all about the interviews, the grooming, and gliding down the ramp with all the other participants. I enjoyed being part of a beauty pageant so much, that thereafter after I would scan the newspapers regularly for similar contests," quips Daljit.

While participating in beauty contests the 5' 8" leggy Daljit also became a sought after model, and so she went on to walk the ramp for several designers and fashion houses. One thing led to another, and she soon turned her sights to television. Daljit made her debut on the small screen with Manshaa, in which she played Maanav Gohil's bubbly and talkative cousin.

"After this serial, I realized that I enjoyed acting more than the ramp. At the same time, I also found a friend and guide in Maanav, who helped me a lot with many aspects of the craft. This reinforced my decision to stick to acting," shares this army officer's daughter, who had never stayed in a place for more than two years, but finally decided to make Mumbai her home.

Daljit was instantly flooded with offers. She started off doing several episodes of CID and Aahat, and it was in one of the CID episodes that Daljit was spotted by Sandeep Sikand, the creative head of Sony television. He asked her to audition for the lead role of Niyati, a sweet and simple girl from Jodhpur whose only dream is to marry her childhood sweetheart, and she bagged the role.

"Even after succeeding in the audition and look test, I was a little apprehensive about being part of a daily soap, because I had heard about the gruelling working hours. But after having started my shooting, I know it is hard work, but I also understand that the name and fame will make everything worth it," opines Daljit.

With two elder sisters serving in the Indian army, Daljit, the youngest and most pampered is the only member of her family to have entered showbiz. This extrovert loves to dine with friends in and around Malad.

She always wanted to do something different, and says she could not have asked for more, "I am not greedy or ambitious. I am getting to enter every house as a lead actor with this serial, and all I want to do is concentrate on making my character, Niyati a success," she says, while adding that neither films or modelling are on her mind right now.

[email protected]

http://www.bandrakharplus.com/fullstory.asp?articleID=BP1ART 1222200641207

Edited by malkanoor - 17 years ago
Noor.T thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's easy to play Niyati, as she's similar to me'
26/12/2006 11:31:58

Miss Pune 2004, one of the finalists of Miss Mumbai 2005, Miss Beautiful Hair, and now, Niyati, the lead protagonist of Kulvaddhu, the new serial on Sony Entertainment Television… Daljit Kaur shares her journey with us
   "It is easy for me to play Niyati as she is very similar to me. In moments of crisis, most of the times, I would react similarly," discloses the daughter of a defence personnel. And that is what kicks her most about the character. "I like the fact that Niyati is shown as a normal girl who gets tensed in crisis and not the usual I-knowit-all kind of characters that
seem to flood the small screen today."

Talking about the story, she reveals, "Set against the backdrop of the beautiful sand dunes of Rajasthan, which is rich in customs and traditions, Kulvaddhu is a love story of a girl Niyati who is passionately and unconditionally in love with her childhood friend Shaurya. Both the families would like to formalise their friendship into marriage, but a shocked Niyati realises that Shaurya does not reciprocate her feelings. At this point, destiny compels her
to enter into a relationship to protect the family of the man she loved and cared for the most."

So, will Niyati ever reveal the truth to the family? To know, watch Kulvaddhu, premiering tonight. The serial will air Monday-Thursday at 8.30 pm on Sony Entertainment Television.

http://www.timesmedianet.com/oms/userfiles/SubjectNews.aspx? NewsID=176
shruti thumbnail

When tomorrow comes

Stars talk about what got them ticking and what got them down in 2006. They of course are also.

Bipasha Basu
Highs:
This was a great year professionally. I got to perform on amazing songs and as an actor I performed  many different kinds of varied roles. Personally too its been great. My older sister has shifted to Mumbai from Banglore and my dad has shifted to Mumbai from Calcutta. So the entire family is back together after 10 years.
Lows: I've really had no particular low. I'm slimmer, healthier and touchwood much happier!
Resolution: I feel I've become too too boring and too nice. I want to spice up my life by surprising people a bit.

Arjun Rampal
Highs: The biggest high was making my film I See You, because it was the first time I was  producer. It was a superb experience to see a film develop before your eyes from scratch. So also was the release of Don as it was my first superhit film. It was both a commercial and critical success.
Lows: Thankfully none (laughs)
Resolution: I want to keep my head down and work on bringing great entertainment to people

Shekhar Suman
Highs:  2006 as a whole had been a good year for me with my shows Pol Khol and The Great Indian Laughter Challenge rocking big time. I have also done theatre this year which gave me big creative satisfaction. I am also doing films, as a whole I have been very busy professionally. On personal front, I have made a few good friends this year.
Lows: The only low point has been my father's health, who's been suffering from Parkinson disease.
Resolution: I don't make any resolutions. I just take life as it comes.

Gurdeep Kohli
Highs: The highlight of this year must be my marriage. I am very happy with the year 2006. It gave all the immense pleasures of my life.
Lows: I have left my old bag and baggage as far as my career is concerned. I have moved on in life and career is taking a new turn too.
Resolution: The resolution is that I will be looking at life in a new way with Arjun.

Raima Sen
Highs:
My biggest high in 2006 was shooting for my films.  I shot for some of my biggest films and it was a learning experience as I worked with different directors. I started learning Kathak and read autobiographies.
Lows: Well, none of my films released this year.
Resolution: I want to broaden my horizon, read more books  and watch a lot of great educational films.  And yes, I want to try to remain single!

Anuj Saxena
Highs:
I sorted out issues in my personal life. The launch of Kulvaddhu and the good feedback that we are getting is one of the highest points in my professional life so far. 
Lows: I don't remember experiencing a low point in the last year. I am too optimistic by nature.
Resolution: I don't make any resolutions. I have my own goals and ambitions and I am moving towards them fast. 

Rakshanda Khan
Highs:
  The launch of my event management company Celebrity Locker was a real high point in my life. And the fact that the company even executed got its first assignment which is a year long contract to promote an energy drink.
Lows: I was close to getting several things done. But, it would fizzle out at the last minute.
Resolution: (laughs) I don't have  the will power to abide by and execute resolutions.Every year, I think that I shall make a resolution next year, but end up making none.        

Varun Badola
Highs: I think, I have survived this year, is the high point (laughs). I have also retrieved my interest in playing cricket. So, you can easily guess, how my year has been. Although, the year started with a bang as I bought my new house in January. Otherwsie, it's been just an okay year for me.
Lows: My life is going through a lean phase. It's not been a fruitful year for me, be it professionally or personally.
Resolution: I don't make resolutions.

Rohit Roy
Highs: 2006 has been a great year for me so far. My projects like Sarkar and Viraasat were definitely the high points. Consequently, Viraasat getting an extension and getting all the praise and award for my acting has also made me happy. Most importantly, how can I forget the return of DADA back in the team.
Lows: One thing that hurt me most this year that I have lost one of my best friends who passed away at the age of 32.
Resolution: I don't make resolutions. All I have to say is that lage raho, doing your work with full dedication.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=2006123003094393f93059b4