KULVADDHU: Concept and Articles

Posted: 17 years ago

Hello Dear Friends😛😊

As we all know that KULVADDHU is to go on air from Dec. 25th.  Its Anuj Saxena Productions😊.

Since there have been many topics in RKD section regarding Kulvadhuu, I thought of opening a new topic where we can post all info related to Kulvadhuu.

Kulvaddhu goes on Air from Dec. 25th at 8:30 PM😃

The Show is produced by: Anuj Saxena
Production House:
Maverick
Director of the show:  Ashok Gaikwad

Cast:
Sachin Sharma
Daljeet Kaur
Shaleen Bhanot
Suhasini Muley
Milind Gunaji
Kittu Gidwani
Chetan Pandit
Sonali Verma

All articles related to Kulvaddhu are to be posted in this thread only.

No Comments in this thread Please!!

Thank you.

Kimi

Edited by Kimi_dost - 17 years ago

Concept of Kulvaddhu:

This is the story of Niyati, a sweet simple girl from a respectable family in Jodhpur .It is about how Niyati's destiny brings her to the crossroads of holding the reigns of the Rathore family as the widowed Bahu of their only son and heir Shourya, while in actual reality she was not married legally to him.

Rathore Mahal is a typical blend of tradition and contemporary ethics, which the Rathore family is known for. They were the typical Thakur's from Rajasthan who had migrated from their native place along with the traditions that have remained as a part and parcel of the family, however modern they might be. In this house stays Vikram Singh Rathod, the eldest son of the family who is holding the reign of the business in his able hands from the day of his father's demise. He is a doting father but a man of principles, a conservative and traditional to the core. His wife Antara follows his rules; she is devoted to him and the family. Vikram has great devotion &
love for one lady that is his mother Vasundhara Devi, who was surprisingly progressive in mind, which often came as a surprise to the family members. Vasundhara Devi's best friend since childhood is Padmadevi, both were very keen to extend the friendship between the two families further into a meaningful relationship, so often they discussed about the marriage of Shourya and Niyati. Shourya is unaware of this development, but Niyati nurtured a soft corner for her childhood friend Shourya. Niyati who is a simple girl from Jodhpur stays with her only relative in the world Padmadevi and a trusted servant SMS in their old Haveli which was a bone of contention between them and their acquaintance Bhairav a greedy claimant and nephew of Padmadevi. Padmadevi is greatly troubled as to what will happen to niyati when she passes away.

Rathore house is all decked up with the preparations of the marriage of Rajveer, the son of Samar, Vasundhara Devi's second son. Shourya the first grandson stays abroad and has been saying 'no' to marriage for quite sometime, saying he wanted to complete his professional course and get a grip over his career before settling into marriage. So Samar insisted on her son's marriage to a girl selected by Rathore family which has some how created discomfort to Vasundhara devi and Antara who thought that as per tradition Shourya the elder brother of the generation should have got married first. The whole house is in a festive mood, and Shourya has also come to India to attend his cousin's wedding.

Niyati and Padmadevi come to attend the Rathore
wedding in Mumbai, Niyati with the expectations of finally meeting Shourya who she has been in love since childhood. She gets along with everyone in the family like house on fire. She and Shourya also hit it off really well. But Shourya is unaware of Niyati's feelings.

On the day of the wedding everyone is getting ready to leave and Rajveer is nowhere to be found.Vikram starts getting worried; just then Rajveer enters with Maria [a catholic whom he had met at a friend's wedding], and tells the family that she is his wife. Everyone is shocked! All hell breaks lose; Vikram tells Rajveer that he has to leave the house. Samar tries to speak on Rajveer's behalf when Vikram cuts him off. Even Vasundhara Devi does not tolerate this humiliation of the her family, she steps in and tells Rajveer that he can stay in their empty flat and that they have nothing more to do with this family. Rajveer leaves in tears. Nobody is able to intervene – Vikram's writ runs large in the family. Shourya is stunned and so is the rest of the family. He looks up Vikram and tells him that he can't get married to Rajveer's bride as he is in love with Niyati. Niyati is shocked! Vasundhara Devi looks at Vikram and says that when Rajveer was wrong I supported you. But this time I won't. I have given my word to Padmadevi, and if you want then this barat will go to get Niyati back. Padmadevi says no, I won't let my granddaughter's doli to leave from my own house, but they can get them engaged today. Vusandhara Devi looks at Niyati and asks her, are u happy with this decision. Niyati gives her gesture of approval. The family is back to their happy selves, but the odd incident of Rajveer' departure from the Rathore house loomed large in their minds.

Shourya manages to catch Niyati alone and apologizes to her for using her name to get out of that mess. Niyati is shocked. He tells her about Sanya, and requests her to go ahead with the engagement for a year. He tells her that this way he can buy out time for Sanya to be married and a way to figure out how to deal with his family. Niyati is aghast and completely against the idea, but Shourya sweet talks, then pleads for the sake of their old friendship. Niyati is till not convinced but relents. They get engaged and on his engagement day he tells his grandmother that he needs another year before he can get married, as he has to finish his studies. Vasundhara Devi agrees but tells him to postpone his return by another 2 or 3 days, as she wants to take him and Niyati to their ancestral temple. Shourya has no choice but to agree.

All through the trip Niyati and Shourya try and pretend to be in love. Padmadevi notices something amiss between the two. After Shourya leaves she sees Niyati crying in the middle of the night. She forces the truth out of Niyati and gets a heart attack hearing the truth. She is choked to silence when Vasundhara Devi derives that Padmadevi's last wish is too see them getting married. Shourya is called back from the airport, and the family is summoned from Mumbai. Every minute was taking Padmadevi closer to death and the family raced against time to organize a small arrangement for the marriage ceremony. In middle of all the commotion Shourya and Niyati enters declaring they were man and wife. Shourya tells his parents that he did not want to waste any time since Padmadevi's condition was deterioeting by every minute, and in any case they were supposed to get married in a low key affair. Vasundhara Devi agrees with him, she takes to Padmadevi for her blessings, and is sad when after seeing her grand daughter married she breathes her last.

Niyati is shattered by her grandmother's death and the new turn of events in her life. She has no choice but to go to Mumbai as Shourya's wife. Niyati finds it very difficult pretending to the Bahu of the house when in reality she is not. Niyati and Shourya have to pretend to behave like a newly married couple, and Niyati keeps feeling even worse that she is not pretending to be in love with Shourya, she is in love with him. Shourya on the other hand keeps telling her that how great a friend she is and he might even start believing that she really is his wife. The new couple is sent on a honeymoon and Shourya calls Saniya here, Shourya spends time with Saniya, and Niyati is left alone to fight her demons. Shourya starts realizing over a period of time that he too is falling in love with Niyati. This is noticed by Saniya, who fights with him and leaves. Shourya decides that he will tell the family about the truth of the marriage and profess his love for Niyati.

Meanwhile as they come back from there honeymoon, Niyati starts noticing that everything is not happy in this house, as she believed it to be. She notices the strains in the relationships of Vikram and Antara. But does not know what to do about it. Vikram decides to throw a small get together to celebrate his only son's wedding. At the party everyone is shocked to see Rajveer and Maria there. Vikram asks them with whose permission has they come to this house. Niyati tells him that she convinced them to come. She goes to him and says that ' Babuji, agar hum bachon se kuch galti ho jaye, toh hum ussi ki saza milni chaaiye, lekin saza itni katohr toh mat dijeye ki aapne se aapno KO alag kar de.' Mein ne aap se kabhi kuch nahi manga, aaj mangti hoon, Rajveer bhaiya KO maaf kar dejiye… Yeh unki kushi thi, jisme unhe aapne baado ka haath chaiye… Rajveer and Maria step forward to take his blessings. He puts his hands on their heads and walks off.

Shourya and Niyati goes off on a honeymoon as planned by Vasundhara Devi , but they are greeted by Sanya , who thinks that Shourya belongs to her . The couple's life becomes miserable in their honeymoon with Sanya's dominating presence wherever they go .Shourya spurns all of Sanya's advances, Sanya leaves town in a huff. He is terribly disturbed with the way things are, so he decides to cut short their stay and decides to tell the truth to his father after reaching home. They reach Rathore house and finds that Vikram has gone to Lonavala site, Shourya leaves for the site. The family is too happy to have the newly wed Niyati back on the auspicious day of vat Savitri.

During the vat savitri rituals ,when Niyati takes the round around the sacred banyan tree , her guilt of living the life of the bin byahi bahu of Shourya overshadows all her thoughts and she breaks down declaring that she is not a 'suhagan' , just as when the news of Shourya's accident is brought by Vikram.

Niyati now is faced with another cruel twist in her destiny. Earlier she was a 'bin biyahi bahu', and today she is a 'bin biyahi vidwah'.

Courtesy: www.setindia.com

Here is the Pic of Shauraya, another new promo has been aired where we get a glimpse of Shauraya(the middle pic) and Niyati.................

The Promo was Promising

Luv,

Shagun

REVEALED, Anuj's Kulvaddhu!

Anuj Saxena is keeping his bride under wraps to avoid over-exposure. But nothing can skip the sharp gaze of Bimbo. Daljit is a sardarni and Anuj's Kulvaddhu. Everyone knows
Anuj Saxena's fascination for beauty queens particularly Sushmita Sen. And now it's Daljit Kaur his latest discovery, playing the main lead in Sony's yet-to-be launched show Kulvaddhu. Daljit Kaur is Miss Pune 2005 and Miss Mumbai finalist 2005.

Daljit is fine Anuj, but Bimbo is dying to know if Juhi Parmar will become your real-life Kulvaddhu and put all speculations to rest, and, God willing if that happens just remember, that it was Bimbo who predicted it first!
And while we are talking of Anuj Saxena here's another one – why does the doctor prefer to kick the bucket in his serial?
Anuj Saxena died in Kumkum after a certain number of episodes and Kumkum's life story changed and the show became a hit. Recently he did a cameo in Solhah Shringaar on Sahara One where he died after a few episodes. If this show becomes a hit then Bimbo suggests all the producers who are looking for an elusive hit show should form a queue outside Anuj Saxena's office with an offer of a cameo wherein his character will die.
And Bimbo suggests that Dr. Anuj should administer the same prescription to his home production Kulvaddhu – who knows, it may turn to be a massive hit!

New Direction

Anuj Saxena, the self-confessed most-married man on Indian television, is starting a new chapter in his life by becoming producer of SET's upcoming daily soap Kulvaddhu under the aegis of his production company, Maverick. Screen caught up with this doctor-turned-actor on the sets of Kulvaddhu for a quick chat...

What is Kulvaddhu all about ?
It's about the trial and tribulations of a modern-day girl Niyati, who is forced by circumstances to face an uncertain future.

How different would this be from the myriad other family soaps on telly?
It's different in the sense that the challenges she faces are not on the home front but rather on the world front. See we have to keep certain accepted formats in mind, where the female has to be the protagonist, her interactions with the family also have to be shown. Where we have tried to be different is that she is not bogged down by issues of marriage and children, rather she will confront the other real issues, that contemporary women face today.
You have adopted a Rajasthani backdrop for your new show?
Yes, Rajasthan has a very unique and beautiful culture, Which we hope to showcase to the world through our show especially the jewelry and costumes those beautiful women wear.
Why have you taken a new pair in the lead?
We wanted a pair which is completely fresh. The audience should not be able to relate to them in any other form except through the characters they essay. Having said that I also wish to clarify that luckily these two, though being new, were quick learners, for neither do I have the patience nor the time to coach new people who are not up to the mark.
Why did you choose Sony for your first TV production?
I had sent my pilot to all channels, including Sony and luckily, SET accepted it first. Interacting with Sony is easier, as I have worked with them before and hence there is a certain comfort level.
Maverick is even into documentary making!
I want to show that Maverick is very serious about content, it's not that we only make fiction, but we also make socially relevant programming as well. Besides the social aspect, such documentaries(On child birth by Suhana Bhattacharya) have a very good market abroad, so we will surely make money.
Among the various shows you have done, which do you think is the best?
I will have to name two shows here, the character of Abhay in Kkusum is very important for getting me where I am today. But personally I like Jatin's character in Kumkum the most.
Some time ago you had said that you will not act on TV, but you keep coming back...
I did say that I will not act on the tube but somehow fate has something else in mind. So from now on, I have decided to keep doing TV. Currently I am doing Rishton Ki Dor which is on its way to a close, a cameo in Solhah Singaarr and Aroona Irani's Doli Saja Ke. Moral of the story, never say never.
You have not yet won any TV award?
(laughs) I probably don't fulfill the criteria of the judges. But then ironically, while my own folk think I am not that good, the West comes forward and recognizes my talent and gives me (The first Indian male television actor) the honour of presenting the prestigious Emmy awards.
You will be appearing as a father in Aroona Irani's Doli Saja Ke? Don't you have a problem playing older roles?
No, not at all. I am an actor and I should be able to play all kinds of roles. Besides I have done a father's role in Kkusum before so why not now.
You seem to be juggling many hats, acting, production house, your father's pharma company and now your new hotel(Blue Waters), how do you balance your time and energies?
See it's a matter of time management. More importantly, I have a core team of thorough professionals who share my beliefs and vision. I set them tasks which they accomplish to the T.
Nowadays reality shows are the rage, do you think they will last or will fall by the wayside?
Our audience needs change, hence they seem to be taking a liking to reality shows, but the problem here is that if one show is a hit, everybody jumps on the bandwagon and churns out similar content. In this process, quality suffers. For instance, although Indian Idol was a hit, its sequel failed. Producers and channels need to constantly think out of the box to come up with new ideas and keep the viewers hooked, who otherwise will use the most powerful weapon in their armoury and send the TRPs plunging.
Do you think male actors stand a chance to get top billing in this female dominated industry?
Yes byGod's grace, I have got lots of respect and standing in this industry. Although the protagonist is female she still needs her husband, brother or other male characters to complete the picture. If the guys don't act well, won't the serial just collapse? Besides me, Ronit Roy, Varun Badola and Mihir Mishra are the other well established male stars around.
What went wrong with your debut film lips-The Kiss Of Death? Will it ever get released?
Although it hurts, I believe in destiny. Some things are not meant to be. Probably Lips falls into that category. I don't want to think more about this, I would rather move on.

What about your silver screen aspirations?
I still want to appear on the big screen, it's my dream and luckily I am now in that position to launch my self, if nobody else will do it. It is just a matter of time.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=14336

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago

' I love to wear Minis!'

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:26:30 IST
Surbhi Tiwari has done popular shows; Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, Kahiin Kissi Roz, and Bandhan, to name a few. Soon she will be seen in Kulvaddhu produced by Anuj Saxena's, Maverick. Although she's a sari-clad woman on screen, in real life she freaks out on western outfits. She speaks to Showbuzz Network about her shows...
</>

What's so special about Kulvaddhu?
The most special thing is that is that I will be doing a show on Sony after a gap of five years. I had done Heena on Sony. But there is nothing really special about my character, Samyukta, in Kulvaddhu. I have done similar roles before.

How is it working in Doli Saja Ke?
I haven't started shooting for Doli Saja Ke because Anuj Saxena and my and dates are not matching. I've only done a test for my look and done a promo shoot. I am doing a cameo in this show although I was given a choice of other roles also. And yes, I'm playing my age. I am not playing anyone's mother (laughs).

Anuj Saxena is the producer of Kulvaddhu and you are playing his wife in another show. How do it feel?
It is an interesting co-incidence (laughs).  It's also rare to see a producer who is an actor himself. I am playing Anuj Saxena's wife in it but I die in the show. However, I will keep appearing in flashbacks. I have yet to start shooting with Anuj Saxena.

Why did you leave Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki?
I was playing the role of Shilpa Bhabhi and was doing four dailies at that time. I was also playing the lead in Shagun and doing other roles as well. I had fainted on the sets so I had to reduce my workload. Hence I chose to quit Kahani ....

Didn't Balaji offer you any other role after that?
Some time back Balaji had approached me for a role in Karam Apna Apna. The money they were offering me was not acceptable to me. Balaji is the best production house in the country, that can't be denied. At the time of quitting Kahani ... they were willing to pay me what I was being paid for UTV's Shagun. However, I was forced to quit the show owing to health causes.

Is weight an issue with you?
Yes, weight is an issue. A lot of producers have told me that they would like to cast me in the lead role provided I lose weight. I'm doing older roles and getting older roles only because of my weight problem. Moreover, girls tend to look five year older when they wear make up and heavy clothes. I can't take any drastic step to lose weight as hormonal imbalance is the issue here.

What is your fitness funda?
I eat less oil and eat before eight. I run on the treadmill. Television artists have such hectic lifestyles that it becomes difficult to follow a strict fitness regime.

What about your personal life?
I am single and happy (laughs). Most of my time is taken up by work. But I'm happy to be single. I am not prepared for marriage at this stage of my life (laughs).

Who are your friends in the industry?
Juhi Parmar, Hussain and Tarun Khanna. I always message Hussain after watching Nach Baliye 2 whenever I have the time to watch it.

You've been Miss Mumbai for three consecutive years; 1998 to 2000. How's that possible?
There are different contests every year by different organisers. I participated in three different Miss Mumbai contests and won all of them (laughs).

What is people's reaction when they see you in western outfits in real life?
On-screen I have done Saas-Bahu shows and always did Sari clad roles but in real life I wear western clothes and people are shocked to see that. People feel that I look very different off-screen. I love to wear minis too.

Do you enjoy doing Saas-Bahu Shows?
Saas-Bahu shows still rocks  although reality shows like 'Big Boss' are interesting. Saas-Bahu shows are still in so why should I not do them.

How about films?
I surely want to act in films but may be after a year. I will try to get into films then. When you have too much work on hand, you don't get time to go looking for new work. Right now, I am too focused on my television shows.

How would you want to see yourself a few years from now?
Happy and doing good shows on television. Maybe a few good films too (smiles).

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=December2006_tvtrack_standar d331&child=tvtrack

'I don't believe in physical lust!'

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:16:55 IST
'Flirting is history for me. Flirting is what youngsters do. I am too mature an individual to go out and indulge in flirting.'
</>

On your sex appeal
It lies in my intense looks, courtesy my eyes. On-screen as well as off-screen people try to read my eyes but can't. Whenever I act my expression speaks before my dialogues.

How girls react to you
Girls always tell me that I am very handsome and have a sexy voice (laughs).

Your first date
It was with my wife Rani. We were working together in a Marathi serial and went to Band Stand on a motor bike. We had a good ride and on the way back we went to Bandstand to look at the sea and sky. We had an interesting conversation about life, love and a future together. I live in Bandra so recommend band Stand as the Date Stand! (Laughs).

Your first crush
It was and still is on Madhubala. She is an eternal beauty. She was perfect. I wish she was alive. I love to watch her films. She comes alive on-screen.

Your most cherished compliment

Shabhana Azmi, on winning the national award for Godmother, told me, "Your intensity helped me in getting an award.". Another compliment was from Jaya Bacchan on seeing the trial of Godmother that I had given a superb performance. Third compliment was by Mrs. Deewan of Walk tall production from Hollywood that I had made a huge impact in my small role in Devdas

Your wildest compliment
You should have not been married. You should have been single ready to mingle. What to do I am married! (laughs)

Love & romance...
Love is an eternal thing and it keeps on going. Love is a pure emotion of the heart. Life without love is like an ocean without water. A person's physical presence is not always necessary. Love is the most beautiful emotion. Romance is something that happens when two hearts meet. Ideally I would love to romance sitting on the cliff watching the clouds passing through my body and getting a perfect feel of  nature. I love nature and would love to spend time with my lover enjoying it.

Lust...
is something which is useful when you put it to use in your career and work to light your ambitions. I don't believe in physical lust as that is what even animals do and we are at a much higher level in every sense of the word with real emotions as well as power of expression.

On a nudist beach…
I'd try to find clothes and distribute it to all the needy people. I love the cotton King brand so I will hunt for that brand and distribute it and it will also help in the marketing of that brand (laughs).

What if a girl made a pass at you?
I will over look it, as it has no value. I believe in everything, which is long term.  And above all that, I am happily married  now (laughs)

Would you ask a girl out if you liked her but didn't know her well?
Not at all. I don't like mingling with strangers. I prefer going out with people I know extremely well.

What if you fell short of money on a date?
Fortunately, I am in at that stage of life when such a situation will never arise. But still if that happens I will not ask her to pay. I will find an alternative for it.

Your dream date…
Madhubala Madhubala and only Madhubala. She was perfectly made by God with special attention.

Would you dress to impress a girl?

No I won't. I don't like to wear formals as I modeled for DIGJAM suitings for five years. I prefer to wear cargos and T-shirt and I won't dress for any girl. But I am always told whatever I wear suits me and is always impressive to girls especially (laughs).

Flirtations...
I believe in long-term relationships. I am beyond that phase of my life. Flirting is history for me. Flirting is what youngsters do. I am too mature an individual to go out and indulge in flirting.

Marriage...is for keeps.
I recommend it strongly. It makes you responsible. It's a milestone in the life of every man. It curbs many of your vices. It brings responsibility and makes a man a MAN. It makes you learn to share, care and grow in every sense of the word.

What if your wife caught you with your pants down?
That will never happen, as I am too careful and intelligent to be caught. Moreover I am always over clad so sorry to disappoint all the lovely ladies

Your wildest bedroom fantasy
Lovely classical music in slow motion or high-speed energy. The rest is best left to the imagination. Read in between the lines (laughs).

Are women a necessary evil?
Of course, because without women, men would not exist.
They teach evil things and even provide the cure. Women make the world go round. Man can't live without women no matter how much he denies it.

Milind Gunaji, the tall and handsome actor with the trademark moustache will  soon be seen in Maverick's first daily soap Kulvaddhu on Sony. Milind is balancing his television and film career brilliantly. Currently, he is doing N. Chandra's Breaking News and Subhash Ghai's Black and White besides writing his sixth book. He's also planning a photo exhibition next month.

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=December2006_extraspecial_st andard842&child=extraspecial

Saturday, December 09, 2006

By Neha Maheshwri

Anuj Saxena, the doctor turned actor cum producer is taking production quite seriously these days. He is all set to hit gold with the biggie Kulvaddhu which is being produced by his company Maverick. And acting has not taken a back-seat either. He is playing an important role in Aroona Iraani's Doli Saja Ke Rakhna. Anuj obviously has a lot to share.

Q You are producing Kulvaddhu… What is the serial all about?
I am very excited and looking forward to my show Kulvaddhu, which is going to be aired on Sony from December. It's all about the life of a modern girl who wishes to live life as it comes. You would see a modern girl re-living the trials and tribulations of the Indian culture, heritage and values. The lead character is being played by Daljit Kaur, a new face in the television industry. The cast also includes proficient actors like Milind Gunaji, Kitu Gidwani, Sushmita Mukherjee, Suhasini Muley, Seema Bhargav, Sonali Verma, Anup Upadhyay and many more.

Q Tell us more….
Niyati, the lead character is a bubbly girl who gets transformed into a woman being caught on the wrong side of fate. I believe in the work that is qualitative. The content of my show has to be better than the others and the look of the show is also very important for me. My attempt is to make something better than every one else.

Q Have you taken up any acting assignments?
At present I am playing the character of Suhas in Rishton  Ki Dorr. I am also playing the lead role in Aroona Irani's Doli Saja Ke. I am playing the character of a man who is married twice and has a daughter from the first wife. It's basically about a father-daughter relationship. I am quite happy with the way my character is shaping up.

Q Tell us more about you character in Doli Saja Ke ?
I am not supposed to talk much about my character.  So you will have to wait for the serial to be aired on Sahara one to know more.

Q: What about the movies that you were suppose to produce?
We will be announcing any development on that front only in the beginning of 2007.

Q: What do you enjoy more producing or acting?
 I enjoy everything I do. I just believe in giving my best in whatever I do. I enjoy both equally.

Q How do you strike a balance in all that you are doing — producing, acting, your pharmaceutical business, event organising et al…
I love whatever I do. It's more of a passion for me.

''Kulvaddhu' is my X'mas gift'
Anuj Saxena flags off his new Indian cuisine restaurant
and speaks of multi-tasking in various ventures

"My career mug can never be full, there is always space for something more," enthuses medico-cum-pharma entrepreneur-cum showbiz producer - cum-actor Anuj Saxena. He has launched his restaurant 'Blue Waters' this Monday.
On multi-tasking, he says, "Although I am a TV actor, I don't believe in the remote control syndrome. I am, instead, totally involved in all my different ventures. For the new restuarant, I am constantly interacting with the bawarchis and also with customers from a wide cross section of society to decide what makes the best menu," says Anuj.
Anuj has also collaborated with a leading indigenous company to produce animation-centric show-fare.
On his home production 'Kulvaddhu' (Sony) which goes on air from December 25, he says, "Here, I have decided against acting in my home productions and would rather concentrate on the production values and the creative inputs of the serial. I see no reason to dilute my focus by acting in my own productions."
Although the lead cast of 'Kulvaddhu' with former beauty-queen Daljit Kaur in the title role are not TV celebs, the supporting cast has popular actors like Kitu Gidwani, Milind Gunaji, Rajesh Kumar and Sushmita Mukherjee playing pivotal roles.
"The serial is being shot more like a blockbuster movie has an ethnic Rajasthani flavour and we have shot most of the portions on location in Jodhpur. 'Kulvaddhu' is an endearing love-story and not the dj vu saas-bahu silsila. Our promos have been shot and the montages have been edited MTV style. Since it goes on air on December 25, I guess it will be my 'Christmas gift' to home-audiences," quips Saxena.
Anuj is acting in 'Rishton Ki Dorr' (Sony) and the upcoming 'Doli Saja Ke Rakhna' (Sahara One). He plays Barkha Bisht's father's role in Aroona Irani's 'Doli Sajake..'? "I have no hang-ups sporting streaks of grey hair, sober glasses and playing screen-father to Barkha. In fact, I was enthusiastic to play an elderly character defying my romantic dude image," counters Anuj. He is also elated that his other lack-lustre serial 'Rishton Ki..' is being revamped and has got a further extension. Anuj is also gearing up to launch his maiden movie project with expertise from his 'mentor-buddy consultant',Viveck Vaswani.[ Anuj Saxena]

Viewbie's note
Post moved to sticky post.

Edited by Kimi_dost - 17 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.