Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago

Dumped!

Director Ashok Gaikwad of Kulvaddhu has been thrown out even before the first episode goes on air.

Sapana Patil Poojary

Kitu Gidwani and Milind Gunaji in Kulvaddhu

Even before the first episode of Sony's much hyped show Kulvaddhu goes on air, actor-turned producer Anuj Saxena's unceremoniously dumps its director Ashok Gaikwad, from the show. Apparently the director had shot only four episodes so far.

When contacted, Ashok Gaikwad said, "I had to shoot day and night every day, which was taking a toll on my health. I was required to re-shoot those same scenes again. And I couldn't take it anymore." 

On probing further, Gaikwad added, "I am not against reviewing, improvising or even re-shooting. I have been working in this industry for more than 40 years and have enough work to my credit. I can't allow anyone to dictate terms, especially when he has no technical knowledge as mine. If a certain quality is expected from me, then I must be given the requisite time. But they thought that I was slow. Ideally, a daily serial should start shooting at least two months in advance to have a good number of episodes in bank. Anuj Saxena is a nice man but I felt that his staff had been creating a lot of misunderstanding between us. Hence, I decided to leave."          ;       

However, Anuj says, "Ashokji is a fine director. I wanted him on my show and hence pulled him out of another show that he was about to take up. This is my first show and I am leaving no stone unturned to make it the best. It was only Ashokji, who could have given the kind of look that the show deserves. But it is also important to work on time. Daily serial-makers have to run against time."     

On having to re-shoot several scenes, Anuj says, "It's true that certain scenes needed to be re-shot. But it had to be done to maintain a quality level. But Ashokji had not been asked to leave. Quality is something that I do not want to compromise upon. Ashokji had directed me in Prratima (Sahara One) I would love to work with him again in future."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=20061226035847734bc68bd64

shruti thumbnail
Why Sushmita Mukherjee won't do Karamchand again

The actor says that she wouldn't want to make a caricature of the role that made her famous

RESHMA S KULKARNI

Sushmita Mukherjee will be seen as the evil, scheming and jealous Rajlakshmi in the new soap Kulvaddhu on Sony– a role that Sushmita claims to like and detest at the same time! Elaborating about the same Sushmita says, "After having played the hilarious Romila chachi in Kavyaanjali, this character in Kulvaddhu would be any true-blue actor's delight, for its sheer graph. She is as evil as evil can be and I'm loving every bit of playing Rajlakshmi but all the same, as a woman and as someone's wife and daughter-in-law, I also feel wary about the fact that I may be transmitting incorrect signals to the women who watch this soap. But actually, television and society are two sides of the same coin and both mirror each other. I myself have been witness to women who have broken down their sons' marriage due to their insane possessiveness or domineering nature. When I think of this, I get rid of my guilt, to some extent. And honestly, I'm an actor, who is a miniscule part of the system who cannot dictate what should or should not be shown and as an entertainer; it is my duty to deliver what people expect out of me, which I am happy doing" explains Sushmita. However, what Sushmita is in a position to dictate, is her priorities as defined by her principles. "I'm not the kind to run behind pots of money. And that is why, I have set some rules for myself. I work only for a particular number of hours a day and take a certain day off, no matter what. I'm not being arrogant when I do this but it is my way of prioritising my life, something that I'm not apologetic about." Talking about priorities, apart from acting, Sushmita's two biggest priorities are ensuring a sound upbringing of her two sons, for which she has joined a teacher's training course and setting up an art-village at her husband's hometown. Speaking about the art-village, Sushmita says, "It has been my and my husband's dream to something of this sort in Bundelkhand, for along time because we both felt strongly about our traditional arts and crafts getting fast extinct by the day. The work on this art-village, which will contain art schools, fair trade markets and galleries, is going on full swing but I'd like to talk about it in elaboration only after it gets completed." Apart from doing Kulvaddhu on television, Sushmita now has six films lined up for release. In the recent past, there was talk about her being asked to play Kitty's role in the remake of Karamchand – a role that was her first claim to fame – but she turned it down. Why? "Well I am not getting younger by the day and though I'm flattered that I was remembered while casting for this role, which has indeed given me a lot in life, I'd not like to ridicule or caricaturise it by playing it now, at my age!"

shruti thumbnail

Kulvaddhu: Sony's tribute to Ekta

Anil Thakraney

Imran Khan and Daljeet Kaur of Kulvaddhu

Santa didn't spring out through the chimney this Christmas. Instead, he chose to beam us his bag of goodies via the idiot box. And his lovely gift for us viewers? Another one of those young-woman-fights-against-all-odds daily soaps. Kulvaddhu premiered on Sony last night, and going by the first episode, promises to be a designer replica of the sort of full-family dramas we have learnt to 'enjoy' on other channels.

Kulvaddhu, as per media reports, is the story of Niyati (newcomer Daljit Kaur), an unmarried widow (go figure that out for yourself!) who, through a weird turn of fate (the usual thingy on our soaps), finds herself transported from a heavenly haveli in Jodhpur to a palatial bungalow in Mumbai. And as you can imagine, the poor babe will have to spend her entire life dealing with an ultra-traditional, all-things-modern hating, aggressive, death-before-dishonour type of a Rajput clan. In short, the stage is all set for many gharelu jhagdas, old world vs new world arguments, frantic prayers to assorted gods and goddesses, and lots of rona dhona. There's already a superbitch (Sushmita Mukherjee) raring to dig her claws into the poor village belle.

Sounds like familiar ground? It is. Ekta Kapoor has been doing the same gig very successfully for years now. The only thing difference this time is the locales, costumes and settings, which promise to be exotic and arty.

We already saw great opulence, fancy cars, royal palaces, a chase over beautiful sand dunes, etc, in the first episode. This is like Johnny-come-lately TV producer Anuj Saxena saying to Balaji Telefilms, "What you guys can do, I can do too, but I will do it with more bucks down the hatch."

The one smart thing Sony has done is not to slot Kulvaddhu on the happening 9PM to 10PM zone (it's scheduled for 8.30PM), as that would have meant a head-on clash with Star Plus's oncoming SRK starred KBC, a battle even the courageous Niyati would have chickened out of.

Dear Santa, next year please arrive through the chimney, we prefer it that way. And kindly stop that 'Ho! Ho! Ho!', it's not funny.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=30&contentid=2006122603581892110542ea6

shruti thumbnail

Anuj ke bol

At the launch party of actor-producer Anuj Saxena's daily show Kulvaddhu (on Christmas day), the predominant colour was red. Besides the cast and crew, Cezzane Khan, Ashutosh Rana, Renuka Shahane, Apoorva Agnihotri, Shilpa Saklani, Tanaaz and Bakhtyaar Irani, Juhi Parmar, Narayani Shastri, Gaurav Chopra, Urvashi Dholakia and Maushmi Udeshi put in an appearance.

The music was loud and it was difficult to be heard over the din. Nevertheless, Anuj was trying hard to make himself heard. Here's what we think he said!

Chinese whispers: Anuj Saxena and Maushmi Udeshi
Even Kulvaddhu has arrived now! I wonder what happened to our film Lips? I tell you, it's better to be a producer! Hear this one quick before Juhi arrives!

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/december/149100.htm

Edited by Manoj_Tina fan - 17 years ago
shruti thumbnail
When Anuj danced the night away!

It was celebration time for Anuj Saxena as he added yet another feather to his cap β€” that of producing daily soaps. To showcase the first episode of his serial Kulvaddhu, Anuj invited a whole bunch of his friends to his restaurant in the suburbs. Sony's head honcho Sandip Sikcand was in a jolly good mood and made sure the guests were comfortable. The dance floor was packed as Anuj's friends rocked to hit numbers. It was a treat to watch Ashutosh Rana dance with his wife Renuka Shahane. Anuj too, accompanied all his friend at matching steps, which meant that he was on his toes almost the whole night! Shilpa and Apurva Agnihotri came in towards the end and headed straight for the dance floor upstairs. Sushmita Daan, Nigaar Z Khan, Rajesh Kumar and Dipshikkha were seen having a good time. Urvashi Dholakia came quite late but truned heads with her new curly hairdo. LOVE ACTUALLY? Though they continue to deny the relationship, Anuj stayed by Juhi Parmar's side all night and accompanied her outside the gate to see her off when she left.
MARRIAGE ISN'T EQUAL TO HAPPINESS? Bhavana Balsaver and Karan Shah made a cosy twosome and when someone mistook them as husband and wife, Bhavana remarked, "No, I am not married, I am happy!"

SANTA KA FUNDA!

In keeping with the Christmas spirit, Shraddha Nigam sported a Santa cap with stars and blinking lights, "It's electrically charged. I love these little things." She sure looked cute with it too!

ON A TWIRL: Daljit Kaur dances with Imran Khan, while Ashutosh Rana twirls wife Renuka Shahane

Shraddha Nigam

Sandip Sikcand

Apruva and Shilpa A Agnihotri

Dipshikkha greets Nasir Kazi

Juhi Parmar with Anuj Saxena

Tanaaz Lall with Bakhtyaar Irani

Indraneil and Barkha Bisht

shruti thumbnail
Dhruvie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Imran Mashkoor Khan

I am....old fashioned, straightforward, mildly arogant, very critical of myself

If not an actor..I would probably write

Anuj Saxena is...... tenacious

Life is....doing the best you can for those you care about

Acting is.....playing cops and robbers all your life and being paid for it! WOW!

My worst habit is . .
smoking, I hope I'll be able to kick it soon

Women can't say no when...if I told you that, it would cease to work!

I feel most comfortable when . . . I am silent

My mother always told me to..
never let anyone see you cry

What I want to change about myself....
i am not at all tech-savvy... I guess I really need to work on that. My six year old nephew can operate things better than I can!

Every girl should . . .be proud of who she is

Marriage is...a great responsibility

When I look in the mirror, I see ...
Who I am as compared to who I want to be

If you heard that you'd been selected as the Sexiest man Alive...

I'd recommend the entire jury to a therapist!

Love is...
When someone else's happiness matters more to you than your own

Favourite indian film star...Amitabh Bachan

.The best thing about TV industry...

The great people I met here and the great shows I have done so far

The worst thing about TV industry...
Lack
of imagination/courage

Fame is....When a lot of people think they know who you are

Friends first or lovers?
you can't plan love nor friendship, they happen on their own, and in their own time, but if pressed, i guess i'd say friends

shruti thumbnail
Daljit shoots despite asthma attack!
Jyothi Venkatesh
Wednesday, December 27, 2006  20:54 IST

The'Kulvaddhu' protagonist completed her shoot in Rajasthan using an inhaler

Actor Daljit Kaur, who plays the main lead in 'Kulvaddhu' (Sony) as Niyati, has literally transformed herself into a Rajasthani belle these days. Incidentally, the show is set against a Rajasthani backdrop.

Daljit recalls one particular incident which happened when she was shooting for the show in Rajasthan, which brings to light the perils that TV stars face due to taxing schedules.

Daljit says, "During one of the scenes, I had to run on the sand dunes. Since I also happen to be asthmatic I got breathless. I had no alternative but to use the inhaler eight times a day (the normal is around twice a day). Eventually, I got a very severe attack."

Producer Anuj Saxena, who has decided not to act in his own production, as he feels that it is a very time consuming exercise, is all praises for Daljit's dedication. "We couldn't have cast an actor who is more with the character and also at the same time a producer's actor. She just took a five-minute break and was back for the shot."

The entire team helped her through this rough patch, he adds.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1071511

Arnav-ASR thumbnail
that's so sad!

but if she had the determination,then she can do anything! πŸ˜† πŸ˜ƒ
monika.goel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago