Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: NautankiSaali

My bad,I meant Bull race . It's banned right? 

No. But rooster fight is.
RiddhimaK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MythicalMoth

Shhh..don't say that. In that case they only kill the ox/bull here they hug the hump and try to hurt the bull cruelly don't u know it's a huge sin to do so? 

During bakrid yummy biryani
During ban of cow slaughter this is against the idea of secularism but hey only jallijakku is abusive ...

Ranjali thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have seen many videos uploaded by peta. And its sad to see animals being tortured soo much. Its shocking to see people supporting cruelty to animals in the name of sport and tradition. 
malar thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ranjali

I have seen many videos uploaded by peta. And its sad to see animals being tortured soo much. Its shocking to see people supporting cruelty to animals in the name of sport and tradition. 

Anybody knows what kind of shitty organization PeTA is .It is an organization that is against animals being treated as pets ðŸ¥±
flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: IchadhariNagin

This ban was stupid I mean this PETA has no guts to stop animal slaughtering in the name of religion but jallijakku is bad!

If indians can't perform jallijakku then they should also not celebrate bakrid and other kinds of animal abuse .

One can find bleeding animal to death (Halal) can also be a cruel method. Can PETA ask for ban? I am not in favour of Jaalikattu. But a reform needs to come from within. PETA could have arranged seminars or discussions for the awareness and slowly brought the change. (A thousand year old traditions will take a decade at least to fade). Instead, it took the enforcing route. 

One has to realise, one can never win Tamilians by enforcing. They need convincing. When first prime minister of India enforced Hindi on them, they threatened to leave India itself. (If Nehru had not withdrawn his force, Tamilnad would have quit India before Bangladesh quit Pakistan). But same people understand and speak Hindi today, because of Bollywood. 

One day, they might stop this practice. But it will be at THEIR will. 
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
It would be best if we leave all animals to themselves
chachichampa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: malar

Thanks for posting your POV .This is what most of the people in the nation think 

Do you know that ,the farmers here treat cows and bulls as a part of their family ?  Despite their poverty ,they spend over 70 percent of their income in their maintenance . 

And the bulls are not harmed in recent times .
The SC had passed a law back in 2008-2009 , imposing regulations on the game . The bulls shouldn't be intoxicated or troubled in any manner and officials are appointed to monitor the violation of the rules .

Most of the videos surfacing the internet regarding the cruelty of the game are fake /old . The officers have confirmed that nothing is going on ,against the law .So ,if the videos are true ,does this mean that these officials are lying and aren't doing their jobs properly ? You know who is to be questioned and blamed now ?

The bulls are capable of protecting themselves . The game barely lasts for two.minutes and it is made sure that they aren't hurt ( there have been exemptions )

Support from the political parties ? Haha ,you gotta be kidding 

The state government stayed mute for over 24 hours of the protest . The opposition ,which is trying to support now ,was actually once behind the ban during the Congress' rule .  

Do you know what will happen in future ? We will soon lose our self sufficiency in producing our dairy products . MNCs are already thriving here . Our farmers struggle to get water for agriculture from our own river while Pepsi was able to strike a deal with the government to get water at a subsidised price .

Please don't believe everything that is said in the media . The so called national media didn't even cover the news .They did the same during the Chennai floods . I know protestors who tried to speak.against the Corporates and the deals made between them and our politicians .They were instantly shunned by the reporter and weren't properly covered.

Try to look into the matter . millions don't protest for something just because it is a tradition

Taking good care of any person/animal doesnt entitle you to hurt it.  Oh and this time the political parties rushing in to seemingly "support" this tradition is very telling because at this moment with the situation there they will gain a lot of brownie points for this move - that is very very apparent.  

Why would you loose your self sufficiency for producing dairy products through a ban on Jallikatu?  There is just no logical understanding of this.  Jersey cows were brought in for their own greed because they produce more milk.  Jallikatu is not going to change people's economic minds.  They will go where there i more money.  If people really want to promote local breeds in the dairy industry then you can do it by directly making protests there.  Promoting Jallikatu doesnt really make that much of a difference.  These are all excuses to keep the sport alive just for local egos.  

Still if there was logical proof I would have tried to see the other side but I really find nothing.  None of the arguments for promoting this sport make any sense or logic.  In these modern times I think man should find saner, humane ways to entertain themselves.  Educated people instead of misleading uneducated farmers by telling them this "tradition" should be protected because of state pride is just wrong.  Traditions have to be questioned and evaluated along with the times we live in.  
chachichampa thumbnail

Originally posted by: -sevenstreaks-

I don want to believe thet are banned for now ...actions ? Its definitely varies state to state ðŸ˜†...If we started to find real purpose with our NEW sensiblities and MORE education ...I think we ve to change d whole country 😆...and for that rules should be unbiased ...y to target only one state...😭

They are banned all across India... not just one state.  I think the South Indians are now using their State to propagate all sorts of nonsense by stating it is State Pride and  therefore should be allowed.  
chachichampa thumbnail

Originally posted by: MythicalMoth

Oh so only south Indians abuse animals and rest of India are practising jains is that what u want to say?

This is the problem.  Right now we are talking about South India therefore I am highlighting the problems there.  Of course there is animal abuse everywhere and compassionate people are working everywhere to make their voices heard for the animals.  

I think you must be from South India therefore taking it personally.  This si exactly what is causing the problem.  If anyone shows you something wrong carried out you guys jump and get egoitic about it and then you make sure you do it just because somebody is telling you not to.  The better thing would be to understand why people are pointing out faults and see if they are really true and work out logically whether it really is right or wrong.  I also tried hard to understand myself the other side of why people could be pro this practice but until now have found nothing to change my mind.  

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Originally posted by: chachichampa

They are banned all across India... not just one state.  I think the South Indians are now using their State to propagate all sorts of nonsense by stating it is State Pride and  therefore should be allowed.  

then y tis happened in Andra and wat actions they ve taken? They even conducted bull race and CM was there ?  Its not SOUTH INDIANS protesting ...its TAMIZHIANS protesting against ban on jallikattu. ... Edited by -sevenstreaks- - 7 years ago