Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Thank you Padfoot and Nautanki ...sounds similar to spain bull fighting thing .
Why is it banned ??? doesn't look like bull is tortured in it 
Edited by angrybread - 7 years ago
SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The difference is no weapon is used. 
Apparently ,in few cases the owners of bull fed them alcohol or even worse use chilly powder which makes the Bull behave violently.Thus making its win easier.
Edited by NautankiSaali - 7 years ago
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: malar

This is not the first time SC's orders have been over rid .

For instance , a state denied to release water from the dam to another state despite the SC ordering to do so .

Babri Masjid was demolished against the SC's order (If I am right )

I know ,it is wrong to go against the SC's order .But the protests are purely constitutional . We are just exercising our rights .

We don't have a choice .This was our last resort 

no offense bt the TAmil gov could have passed ordinance before in stead of
starting of a bad precedence of mass protest against SC..what ur movement will
do is it will give the Muslims n other such religious communities to ape n protest in
same line of action as u showed..otherwise they can well cry that its differential
treatment being doled out..i am against the ban..bt i am as much against this
way of protesting after the SC has given its opinion..it looks Tamil Gov is killing two
birds with one stone..now jalikattu next is Cauvery water..this is that preview ..
that Karnataka tamil nadu water issue..this is a preview show of strength to make SC
be cautious for cauvery water..this is nt abt just jalikattu..
i have nothing against Karnatak or Cauvery or Tamilians..what am saying is
this arm twisting SC in open at the name of sentiments n traditions is a bad
example..indirectly it will open many nasty sides of lawlessness..this example will be
aped  n used by every community who shall have any grievances ..
no one will say ya ok fine the SC is full n final jury..all will feel the jury's view can be
reconsidered via these mass protest style..if u see the future do u even realize the consequence
of today's action on future?that is all i wish to say..that when SC shall have to give to
emotions sentiments traditions etc etc then law will never have its last say ever again..
this will change the history of India..in coming days..when there will be no HEAD body
to dictate then lawlessness chaos feudalism shall break apart India ..we will be states
regions bt never India again.. 
Edited by JustMySelf - 7 years ago
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: chachichampa

The main argument of pro Jallikatu people is that this helps keep the breed of bulls more visible and hence the breed will not die out.  So its to protect indigenous breeds according to them.   But why does a practice in which the bull have to be put through pain and torture have to be the way the breed is preserved.  They can have showcase competitions like dog shows where the best kept healthy bull wins which will also keep the interest for the bull alive.  People say that there is no torture to the animal but this is absolutely not true.  When the ban was implemented the Supreme Court looked at all the proof of the torture objectively and gave the ban decision.  Its not secret how bulls were starved, had chillies put in their eyes, had their tails twisted and broken to make them more aggressive.   It is no fun for a lone bull to be fighting off hundreds of people jumping on it aggressively.   South India has time and again gone against the Constitution and defied Supreme Court rulings on many matters.  Then why have a Supreme Court?  Just let anarchy rule.  

More than anything the timing of lifting this ban is telling.  There is a vacant power seat due to the death of Jayalalitha.  All politicians are trying to cash in and trying to be popular  because of the visibility this issue has gained.    Every political party is trying to get into the good books of people for votes alone.  

The ordinance to lift the ban should never have been passed.  It sets a wrong example about how unimportant the Supreme Court is.  Eventually there will be a law and order situation for anything that goes against the popular vote which can in many cases be wrong and ruled only for egos of certain people.

India is regressing to want such archaic animal abuse practices just in the name of tradition.  South India has the most horrific animal abuse practices carried out in the name of religion and it will take a strong political will to stop these nonsense traditions from raising their heads.   Elephant abuse, stray dog killings which really  in the long run serve no purpose against a properly implemented birth control system,  now this Jallikatu... just rampant animal abuse in the south.  Very disturbed and disappointed with the lift of the ban.  

Oh so only south Indians abuse animals and rest of India are practising jains is that what u want to say?
Edited by MythicalMoth - 7 years ago
RiddhimaK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This ban was stupid I mean this PETA has no guts to stop animal slaughtering in the name of religion but jallijakku is bad!
If indians can't perform jallijakku then they should also not celebrate bakrid and other kinds of animal abuse .

Originally posted by: IchadhariNagin

This ban was stupid I mean this PETA has no guts to stop animal slaughtering in the name of religion but jallijakku is bad!

If indians can't perform jallijakku then they should also not celebrate bakrid and other kinds of animal abuse .

Shhh..don't say that. In that case they only kill the ox/bull here they hug the hump and try to hurt the bull cruelly don't u know it's a huge sin to do so? 
SillyPepper thumbnail
Hain! Where did religious thing come from?  jallikattu was banned due to inefficiency of the state.Despite ban both Jallik attu and Rooster fight was conducted in Andhra .
JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i would nt blame PETA..anyone can say anything bt the merit
is to be judged by the Judge handling it..
SC Judges  took biased decision..n are more responsible
for this situation..bt this way of protest is also bad..it shall
give others to hold Judicial verdict to ransom as well..
n i really do nt understand how foolish it is to ban jallikattu
in the name of preservation of the species..i mean come on
when u have dna n technology at hand which species is really
endangered on Earth any more???
ya they may be near extinct bt when u have the dna
of the endangered species how difficult is it to bring back the species
n save it from total extinction??so banning on this ground or on grounds
of cruelty is very biased ..then we must stop import export of processed
animal food products too..is that nt act of cruelty?
or do the processed animals sing while being skinned in happiness??
then farming should be banned too.. are the oxen nt used
to plough?or they do readily happily?this clearly shows how silly brainless
ppl are sitting as Judge ..they lack foresightedness..should be relieved
from their duty as their intelligence n reasoning seems limited to me..

Originally posted by: NautankiSaali

Hain! Where did religious thing come from?  jallikattu was banned due to inefficiency of the state.Despite ban both Jallik attu and Rooster fight was conducted in Andhra .

Andhra doesn't have a tradition of jallikattu. Instead they have bull races and huge betting takes place. Rooster fights this year made 5000 crores. 
Edited by MythicalMoth - 7 years ago
SillyPepper thumbnail
My bad,I meant Bull race . It's banned right?