Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kwerky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Wisian

BTW - it seems like IF is not allowing multiple quotes anymore. 😆😆

And they seemed to have worked on the design of a new website as well. About time, I guess... 😳

Yes, about time for the website design overhaul.😊Good that they have done that. I checked it out now and it seems nice. They have completely revamped it.
Wisian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kwerky

Is she not logging on to IF at all these days?😕 Hope all is well with her...

IDK... I checked her profile, and it says that she was last online on 21 July 2018... but this can't be true because has come online and made posts in November...  🤔😕
Wisian thumbnail

Yes, avoiding the west-facing ones as we have learnt from experience. And so true about the top floor apartment - we are giving them a miss too.

My problem is I have a terrible phobia of lizards.fear It has exacerbated over the last couple of years. The creature is in abundance in the hot, humid weather in these parts of the world. So, I have been insisting that we only see apartment on a considerably higher floor (not the top floor). 😆 I figured that we would be subjected to *fewer* visits from them if the apartment is sufficiently high😆. Alas, that hope has been broken over the last few months. Our service apartment (before we left SG) was on the 34th floor and the current hotel one is on the 26th floor. Have still been able to spot the pest lurking in the balconies of these units.tearscryingcryingSo I have resigned to my fate. 😆

We have liked a couple of units in the past two days. Seeing a few more today and hopefully, we should be able to make an offer this week itself.

@bold: Thank you😳🤗🤗

@Lizards: Oh... You should have moved to CH then. I can't remember the last time I saw a lizard here, or whether I ever saw one...

I don't know how effective this will be, but my mother once told me that lizards are scared of eggs... they think that once the eggs hatch, the bird will eat them up, so lizards flee the area if they see the eggs lying around...
Maybe you can try leaving eggs on the corners of your balcony... 😆

I've also heard that lizards dislike strong odours... so you can try wiping the surfaces with bleach; or if you want the place to smell nice, then vanilla or coffee essence... These are old wives tales, but they might just work...

I imagine, you must have tried these out already... 😆😆 
Wisian thumbnail

@bold: Bingo! I had the same thought in the first season. Specially because he seemed to have been adopted and raised by such loving parents. But as the next 2 seasons proceed and they elaborate on the kids' back stories, one would understand why he needed to seek out his biological parents. I am impressed by how the show switches so effortlessly between time periods in this family's story. Kudos to the writers.

@blue: Yes, I am intrigued by this too. The need to belong, to be loved, accepted and nurtured is very high in humans. I'm not sure but possibly it could be related to a feeling of being abandoned. So I can understand if some kids want to be aware of what were the circumstances that their biological parents had to give them up or couldn't be with them, even if they value, love and respect their adopted families. Making their peace with it?

A few weeks ago, there was a feature story in The Guardian about a man who fathered 200 children in the Netherlands. He was a sperm donor in the 1980s, and they have now identified a number of children that were conceived using his sperm. 
As it stands today, most European countries have placed limits on how many times a donor's sperm may be used - essentially to minimize the risk of in-breeding; but in the 1980s, in the Netherlands, such limits were not rigorously enforced and this man could ultimately father all that many children.

The write-up mentioned how this man had a morbid fixation about being forgotten after his death, and so he assumed different identities and went to different infertility clinics to donate his sperm... just so that he leaves enough of himself in this world...

... but what is relevant to the discussion at hand is that ultimately, many of his children did devote a lot of time and effort and traced him down - but mostly just out of curiosity. The article ended with the description of how one of his daughters met him, talked to him about his life, and then as she was leaving told him that she does not want to see him again. That outcome is the only reasonable one in my book.*

I am curious to know how "This is Us" builds up and explains this... I should get down to watching the show. 😳

* But obviously, that is only because I am unable to empathize with children raised by their non-biological parent/s.
Edited by Wisian - 5 years ago
Wisian thumbnail

@bold: 😆😆😆 Alright. Point taken. 

It is quite nice actually... It is just that it didn't answer all my questions.
I guess, I will have to read the books to figure them out...
GETGOIN thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 good progress everyone 😳
mighty impressed 👏 

Edited by GETGOIN - 5 years ago
GETGOIN thumbnail
sorry i don't know where i should begin from so starting from only last 2 pages 🤓 #LazyGG 😆
GETGOIN thumbnail

IDK... I checked her profile, and it says that she was last online on 21 July 2018... but this can't be true because has come online and made posts in November...  🤔😕

maybe it was my id ghost than who was talking to u guys then 😲 *DumDumDummm
😆😆😆
btw what does it says now? 😕
GETGOIN thumbnail

40 din ho gaye hain... Kahaan hai, GG? 🤔

main yaha hu yaha hu yaha hu yaha 😎

or this is my id ghost..kya pata 😆
GETGOIN thumbnail

Is she not logging on to IF at all these days?😕 Hope all is well with her...

yes dear m fine...how r u doing?