Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wisian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
How is it going with your search for the new home? Kuchh milaa accha?
Every time I have had to look for a new flat, my constant gripe has been that it is so hard for me to decide whether I'd like to live at that place based on a quick cursory walk through the flat (lasting no more than a few minutes)...
It is only when you move in that you fully understand where you live - how warm the flat gets in the glow of the afternoon sun, or how polite the neighbours' children are...

Wisian thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kwerky

@Mrs Maisel: I thought I'll pace the new season over a few days, but I ended up devouring it in less than 48 hours. ðŸ˜† Yes, the costumes are so lovely! 

@Veep: Yeah, I read about her health scare. They have already started with the shooting for the final season as I saw a twitter post by JLD a few weeks back. So yay! Glad she's beat it and is back shooting. :)

@This Is Us: True. It's the same with me. ðŸ˜³ It's such a beautiful, touching story. 

@Mrs Maisel: I did that too. 😆😆😆 Poora season last weekend mein dekh liyaa...
You know, last year when I watched the first season, I was being very dramatic and thinking to myself that the show seemed to be just like my own life. :D :D :P
At its core, I think, it is the story of the underdog, fighting it out at every step. So, of course we will like it. But what is also amazing is how well they have told the story - how perfectly each character has been written. I can't wait for the next season...

The only thing that annoyed me in the first season was when it looked like she is going to take back Joel. I had to rationalize to myself that for the 60s, probably that is how the story is supposed to be... 
But by the end of the second season, I don't even have that complaint. I was actually very happy to see her going back to Joel. 

@JLD: Has she been cured?
It was reported that she had breast cancer, but then again, "breast cancer" could have any prognosis...

@This is Us: I only just watched the first season. It made me cry so much, I couldn't bring myself to watch the ones after that one...

Wisian thumbnail
It is not a sitcom, but I have a recommendation too. 
L'amica geniale (engl. ~ "my brilliant friend")

This week, I read a review in The New Yorker magazine about it. Here it is:
Then, I started watching it; and after only a few episodes, I can recommend it unreservedly. 

Here is the trailer:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXCKYOlIgTQ[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by Wisian - 5 years ago
Wisian thumbnail
Chalo - I ought to go to bed now.
Have a nice Sunday, Kwerky! ðŸ¤— 

@GG: We are coming to the end. Ab nayaa thread bana bhi do. ðŸ˜³
And kabhi randomly aakar kuchh bataa diyaa karo humein... It has been such a long time since you showed up here...
🤗

Kwerky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wisian

*Hugs*
Kwerky, you do more for me than I do for you. 
Your post made me tear up. 
Thank you very much. 

*Sigh* 
Baba, humaari saari pareshaaniyaan har lengey. 

@bold: No, Wisu. Please don't say that. Love and respect among friends can't be quantified or compared. I'm grateful for your friendship and I love you for the person you are. Best wishes always. ðŸ¤—🤗
Kwerky thumbnail

How is it going with your search for the new home? Kuchh milaa accha?

Every time I have had to look for a new flat, my constant gripe has been that it is so hard for me to decide whether I'd like to live at that place based on a quick cursory walk through the flat (lasting no more than a few minutes)...
It is only when you move in that you fully understand where you live - how warm the flat gets in the glow of the afternoon sun, or how polite the neighbours' children are...

@bold: That is so true. We haven't finalized anything yet, just shortlisted a couple of condos after going through so many condos. But no unit has been able to give us that feeling that this can be our home. KL has a terrible traffic situation, so we can't venture too far from the office area. 

Our last apartment in Singapore used to get so hot in the late afternoon as it was West facing, but there was no way of knowing that when we first viewed it. ðŸ˜† 

We hope to finalize something this week/ Keeping fingers crossed!
Kwerky thumbnail

@Mrs Maisel: I did that too. 😆😆😆 Poora season last weekend mein dekh liyaa...
You know, last year when I watched the first season, I was being very dramatic and thinking to myself that the show seemed to be just like my own life. :D :D :P
At its core, I think, it is the story of the underdog, fighting it out at every step. So, of course we will like it. But what is also amazing is how well they have told the story - how perfectly each character has been written. I can't wait for the next season...

The only thing that annoyed me in the first season was when it looked like she is going to take back Joel. I had to rationalize to myself that for the 60s, probably that is how the story is supposed to be... 
But by the end of the second season, I don't even have that complaint. I was actually very happy to see her going back to Joel. 

@JLD: Has she been cured?
It was reported that she had breast cancer, but then again, "breast cancer" could have any prognosis...

@This is Us: I only just watched the first season. It made me cry so much, I couldn't bring myself to watch the ones after that one...

@Mrs Maisel: Agree about how they have fleshed out the characters - I love Abe and his exasperation. 😆

They redeemed Joel's character in S2 with his focus on work, supporting Midge and his repenting. So I quite liked how the season ended. ðŸ˜³

@JLD: Yes, she has recovered and has completed the treatment a few months back.

@This Is Us: Oh, you have seen only Season 1. Good that I didn't post more in my last response, which would have been a spoiler. ðŸ˜† I had typed it out but then I removed it as I wasn't sure how many episodes you have seen. It gets better and I'm amazed that they keep the audience intrigued, even when I thought what more could there be in the story midway through S2?
Kwerky thumbnail

It is not a sitcom, but I have a recommendation too. 

L'amica geniale (engl. ~ "my brilliant friend")

This week, I read a review in The New Yorker magazine about it. Here it is:
Then, I started watching it; and after only a few episodes, I can recommend it unreservedly. 

Here is the trailer:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXCKYOlIgTQ[/YOUTUBE]

I liked the trailer. Thank you for the recommendation. :) I'll watch it next.
Kwerky thumbnail

Chalo - I ought to go to bed now.

Have a nice Sunday, Kwerky! ðŸ¤— 

@GG: We are coming to the end. Ab nayaa thread bana bhi do. ðŸ˜³
And kabhi randomly aakar kuchh bataa diyaa karo humein... It has been such a long time since you showed up here...
🤗

You too have a nice Sunday, Wisu!🤗🤗

@ GG: Kahaan ho? ðŸ˜³
Wisian thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kwerky

@bold: No, Wisu. Please don't say that. Love and respect among friends can't be quantified or compared. I'm grateful for your friendship and I love you for the person you are. Best wishes always. ðŸ¤—🤗

@Bold: You are correct. 
But kya karoon, I am filled with such a revulsion for what I have become over the last two years - so selfish and so anxious - that from time to time, I get stricken with this sense of moral panic. But never mind... 

I completely echo your sentiment.  ðŸ¤—🤗