Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wisian thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Kwerky

@bold: That is so true. We haven't finalized anything yet, just shortlisted a couple of condos after going through so many condos. But no unit has been able to give us that feeling that this can be our home. KL has a terrible traffic situation, so we can't venture too far from the office area. 

Our last apartment in Singapore used to get so hot in the late afternoon as it was West facing, but there was no way of knowing that when we first viewed it. ðŸ˜† 

We hope to finalize something this week/ Keeping fingers crossed!

That happened to me in the US as well. I used to live in California, and my flat would turn into a furnace during the summer.
Unless there is an apartment crunch, you can avoid the west-facing ones, and also avoid the ones which are on the top-most floor... You need someone else to be living above you to absorb all the summer heat. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† 

*Fingers crossed for you to find sometime to your liking. ðŸ˜ƒ
Wisian thumbnail

@Mrs Maisel: Agree about how they have fleshed out the characters - I love Abe and his exasperation. 😆

They redeemed Joel's character in S2 with his focus on work, supporting Midge and his repenting. So I quite liked how the season ended. ðŸ˜³

@JLD: Yes, she has recovered and has completed the treatment a few months back.

@This Is Us: Oh, you have seen only Season 1. Good that I didn't post more in my last response, which would have been a spoiler. ðŸ˜† I had typed it out but then I removed it as I wasn't sure how many episodes you have seen. It gets better and I'm amazed that they keep the audience intrigued, even when I thought what more could there be in the story midway through S2?

@This is us: Chalo, phir... since I am just killing time these days, I will look for season 2 and start with it... ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
I really liked the story of the show, with a few exceptions. For instance, I didn't like the boyfriend of the sister; and I don't think that they get rid of him.  
And I didn't like the lengths to which the foster son went to look for his biological father. Actually, I found this to be the most troubling part of the story. When foster children are raised with love and affection, do they still yearn and long for their biological parents? Like, go to all those depths to find the parent that abandoned them? (I can understand that they'd want to know their medical/genetic history; but beyond that, isn't it really a slap on the face of the family that raised them, when, for instance, they move them into their homes?) 
IDK how prevalent this behaviour is among adopted children in real life, but when it gets dramatized like this, it pushes the narrative that genetic ties trump everything else...
Wisian thumbnail

I liked the trailer. Thank you for the recommendation. :) I'll watch it next.

When I recommended it, I had only watched the first two episodes. It has very gifted child actors. The girls are both so adorable... and if for nothing else, those episodes are worth watching just for them. ðŸ˜³

I finished the show today... I'll still recommend it, but not as unreservedly as I did two days ago. ðŸ˜†
Wisian thumbnail
BTW - it seems like IF is not allowing multiple quotes anymore. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
And they seemed to have worked on the design of a new website as well. About time, I guess... ðŸ˜³
Edited by Wisian - 5 years ago
Wisian thumbnail
No sign of GG still... ðŸ¤”
Wisian thumbnail
40 din ho gaye hain... Kahaan hai, GG? ðŸ¤”
Kwerky thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Wisian

40 din ho gaye hain... Kahaan hai, GG? ðŸ¤”

Is she not logging on to IF at all these days?😕 Hope all is well with her...
Kwerky thumbnail

That happened to me in the US as well. I used to live in California, and my flat would turn into a furnace during the summer.
Unless there is an apartment crunch, you can avoid the west-facing ones, and also avoid the ones which are on the top-most floor... You need someone else to be living above you to absorb all the summer heat. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† 

*Fingers crossed for you to find sometime to your liking. ðŸ˜ƒ

Yes, avoiding the west-facing ones as we have learnt from experience. And so true about the top floor apartment - we are giving them a miss too.

My problem is I have a terrible phobia of lizards.fear It has exacerbated over the last couple of years. The creature is in abundance in the hot, humid weather in these parts of the world. So, I have been insisting that we only see apartment on a considerably higher floor (not the top floor). ðŸ˜† I figured that we would be subjected to *fewer* visits from them if the apartment is sufficiently high😆. Alas, that hope has been broken over the last few months. Our service apartment (before we left SG) was on the 34th floor and the current hotel one is on the 26th floor. Have still been able to spot the pest lurking in the balconies of these units.tearscryingcryingSo I have resigned to my fate. ðŸ˜†

We have liked a couple of units in the past two days. Seeing a few more today and hopefully, we should be able to make an offer this week itself.

@bold: Thank you😳🤗🤗
Kwerky thumbnail

@This is us: Chalo, phir... since I am just killing time these days, I will look for season 2 and start with it... ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
I really liked the story of the show, with a few exceptions. For instance, I didn't like the boyfriend of the sister; and I don't think that they get rid of him.  
And I didn't like the lengths to which the foster son went to look for his biological father. Actually, I found this to be the most troubling part of the story. When foster children are raised with love and affection, do they still yearn and long for their biological parents? Like, go to all those depths to find the parent that abandoned them? (I can understand that they'd want to know their medical/genetic history; but beyond that, isn't it really a slap on the face of the family that raised them, when, for instance, they move them into their homes?) 
IDK how prevalent this behaviour is among adopted children in real life, but when it gets dramatized like this, it pushes the narrative that genetic ties trump everything else...

@bold: Bingo! I had the same thought in the first season. Specially because he seemed to have been adopted and raised by such loving parents. But as the next 2 seasons proceed and they elaborate on the kids' back stories, one would understand why he needed to seek out his biological parents. I am impressed by how the show switches so effortlessly between time periods in this family's story. Kudos to the writers.

@blue: Yes, I am intrigued by this too. The need to belong, to be loved, accepted and nurtured is very high in humans. I'm not sure but possibly it could be related to a feeling of being abandoned. So I can understand if some kids want to be aware of what were the circumstances that their biological parents had to give them up or couldn't be with them, even if they value, love and respect their adopted families. Making their peace with it?
Kwerky thumbnail

When I recommended it, I had only watched the first two episodes. It has very gifted child actors. The girls are both so adorable... and if for nothing else, those episodes are worth watching just for them. ðŸ˜³

I finished the show today... I'll still recommend it, but not as unreservedly as I did two days ago. ðŸ˜†

@bold: ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† Alright. Point taken.