Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aurora-borealis thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Well, she isn't exactly lying. He isn't a versatile singer, his forte is depressing songs and those songs usually work due to the lyrics and production. He doesn't have the talent to propel a mediocre song into a listenable one like the past singers. It says a lot about the sad state of BW music with him ruling the roost. I can only handle him in very small doses.
K.Ahm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Is it? Now I have to really watch the video for myself...I just felt really lazy to check it out and went by the title as I also agree with it...

Yes she didn't insult him at all. All she said was that he doesn't change his voice. She gave Kishoreji's example and she wasn't mean at all.
CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Agreed
He's repetitive.
Lucky1234567 thumbnail
he is the most over used singer.
When I heard Tu hi Hain song of Arijit Singh, I found it below average and didn't even listened to it for the second time. But when I heard the same song in Ali Zafar's voice, I realized how limited Arijit is as a singer. His sad vocals  weren't needed for this song. He's definitely not much versatile and that's why has became monotonous.Edited by Luna46 - 7 years ago
NeutralBitiya thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Guys please watch the video before commenting and decide for yourself if she insulted Arijit or criticized him.

Originally posted by: Dhaa-Ki-Tiki

All singers become monotonous after a point of time, including Asha Bhonsle. They all might sing different types of songs but it will only take seconds to recognize the voice of the singer, let it be her, sonu nigam or arijit singh. 

To find a singer who can change voice and not be monotonous, we either would need a time machine or pray to god that we somehow get another genius like Kishore Kumar in this lifetime. 

JustMySelf thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i would have respected asha ji more had she mentored his
shortcomings in private..am sure arijith would have loved
to have a teacher like her..bt criticizing a singer so
openly in public is nt only demoralizing him bt also
shaming him..perhaps she could have handled it more
matured..just my pov..
Coldplaying thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Arijit will be a legend and we would know his worth once he is gone.. He is better than Sonu Nigam ever was imho. I've seen Old singers who aren't in their prime and not getting work often criticizing him every now and then which proves that sabki jalti hai usse... Can any of the current singers including Sonu Nigam sing 'Phir Le Aaya Dil' as good as him??? I don't think so... 
Krantikari thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I agree with her. I guess he doesn't/can't change the tone/tempo of his voice as much so he's only suited for certain kinda songs. Channa mereya is the most boring song released this year IMO, I am still shocked at how people liked that song. 😆

Arjit is deffo the best at singing slower ballads where the same tone is maintained throughout.