TOI:Amrita Puri: My show wont get ratings like supernatural drama

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Neha Maheshwri| TNN | Dec 5, 2016, 
Amrita Puri is being applauded for her portrayal of Harleen Kaur, the wife of a prisoner of war, in a TV show 'POW " Bandi Yuddh Ke'. What makes this role truly special for the talented actress, is the fact that she has a personal connect to it.

Her grandfather's brother, an army man, was captured during the Indo-China war and kept as a prisoner of war in Tibet for six months. She says, "I learnt about this incident during a conversation at the dinner table. His wife's eyes well up even now when she recalls the incident. For six months, the family had no clue about his whereabouts. The backpack that saved him from bullets is kept in our puja room along with the deities. It's a sensitive topic and I didn't want to use it as a reference point to play the part. I can never understand their pain as I haven't endured it, but I just hope that I have been able to portray the emotions with honesty."

Despite being appreciated for the content, the show hasn't managed to garner great ratings. Does that worry her? "I have started understanding the TRP game, and I know that it won't get ratings like a supernatural drama like Naagin. We are realistic about the fact that we can't garner that kind of mass appeal. Having said that, variation in content is like a breath of fresh air in a scenario where we tend to rehash and retell the same story. Our main target has never been the ratings, but making interesting content. With all due respects, I am not cut for such shows. If I don't believe in a concept and don't enjoy watching it, I wouldn't be a part of it," she says.

Amrita is in a happy space personally, too. She recently had a roka with her Mumbai-based restaurateur boyfriend, Imrun Sethi.

Ask her about her wedding plans, and the actress says that she is not tying the knot anytime soon. "We haven't decided the date. I am shooting till March, so it definitely can't be early next year. Work comes first. I want to enjoy my wedding, and in any case, no one's in a hurry," she sums up.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
A wonderful actress.

POW is a show for an elite audience who prefer content over hotties and favorites and mindless melodramatic, loud, garish content.

shilpa2323 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Hey suta again gud to see u 
Thanks 4 sharing;-)
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Really good actress she is! :D
TFS! :)
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
She is an amazing actress & doing a fab job in the show . She & iman are my fav characters in the show
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
😃 Thanks A Lot  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ

😃  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³  For The Informative Article  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ  Sutapa  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³  Amrita Puri Is Beautiful  ! ! ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜†  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜†  ðŸ˜ƒ   ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜†  ðŸ˜† ! ! ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜³  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†

ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜³   ðŸ˜ƒ  ðŸ˜ƒ ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Manzz - 7 years ago