Why couldn't REVATHI make it big here in BOLLYWOOD

Posted: 7 years ago
I was watching RAAT few days ago and I must say I really liked Revathi's performance. that reminded again when I saw the movie 'LOVE' which was remade from its telugu version n featured Salman. She was fantastic in that one as well...she' was indeed beautiful, her smile and all...and acting was pretty awesome too...why did she fade away all of a sudden from here...why didn't she do more films here ðŸ˜•

surprisingly, now when she's getting older she is seen more here, for ex- 2 states Darna Mana hai Nishabdh and a couple of more. Her acting's still amazing. But why didn't she try it out in her youth. wasted it seems like. 
Recently watched LOVE movie and agree, she was good in the movie. May be she wasn't that ambitious / interested ? not sure. 
one of the reasons could be that she debuted with salman and most of the actresses who debut opposite him fade away 
Originally posted by Lakshay358

Truth is she didn't have the looks to make it big in Bollywood

i don't agree with the looks part because she looked gorgeous in RAAT...also actresses who are far lesser beautiful than here have done well. looks can't be the scenario 
Originally posted by Anachronist

one of the reasons could be that she debuted with salman and most of the actresses who debut opposite him fade away 

she is a good actress...very few actresses from South could make their mark in BW...she is a popular actress in South...have seen quite a few movies of her with Mohanlal...also she did few movies in other languages too,she was in Thevar Magan with Kamal... Edited by raj80 - 7 years ago
OMG this is so creepy, I was just watching Love yesterday and wondering the same thing. Maybe people will say she was average looking and didn't fit the bill of a Bollywood actress but I love her simple earthy beauty. She's actually a 3 time National award winning actress so her acting talent definitely didn't go unnoticed :DEdited by Hazardous - 7 years ago
Pata nahi, but I like the fact that she didn't make it big here, with too many commercial movies.. and stuck to 'her kind of' roles only.
It would've been heartbreaking to see her doing more commercial roles.. The thing I love most about her is her NEAT 'decent' and 'genuine' persona. It's something rare, and personally, I find her more beautiful...over all the A-list actresses.
Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 7 years ago
1.maine pyar kia - bhagyashree 
2. baaghi a rebel for love- nagma

3. sanam bewafa - chandni

4. patthar ke phool - raveena tandon ( the exception so far I guess )

5. kurbaan -ayesha jhulka

6. tere naam- bhumika chawla

7. lucky- sneha ullal

8. dabang - sonakshi ----???? not really succesful yet

9. jai ho - daisy shah

honourable mention veergati - divya dutta
divya is succesful as supporting actress now 
Maybe she did not want to do "things" that 90's heroines had to do