DOTS fans? Korean dramas on Zindagi?

Posted: 7 years ago
Since Pak dramas are more likely than not, not going to be telecast anymore on zindagi, should Zindagi consider buying Korean drama rights?
I finally bit the bait with Descendants of the Sun - my first Korean drama watch and boy I loved it! Such  a beautiful love story between a soldier and a doctor and packed with everything from friendship to love to patriotism to coming to terms despite differences in ideologies.  The chemistry between the leads was smashing too!

I have run away from the other K-POP stuff coz I thought it would be all bubblegum college romance/ love triangles, which I am not personally fond of.

Anybody Korean drama viewers here? need recommendations for different shows like DOTS.

I support Korean Dramas to air on Zindagi and more Turkish shows too. 
please recommend some more nice different K dramas?
honestly m still in DOTS spell ATM and id love to watch Captain Yoo Shijin and Dr Kang on my TV screen
In a way its not that disheartening a news coz zindagi was showing all flop pak shows on tv anyways. Im an avid viewercand even i had not heard of those shows they were telecasting. In a way its s favor they did by cancelling them as They were not buying good content. 
It is unfair to the viewer coz you promised them quality so air quality otherwise dont bother. You can watch pak showd for free on youtube. 2016 has been a good year for Pak Tv shows and some really good content was telecast. 
Id suggest watch it on YT such as: 
udaari, 
Diyaredil
dillagi, 
yeh mera deewanapan hai, 
besharam, 
zara yaad kar 
and more.

In k dramas do watch these:
Boys before flowers
My love from another planet.
The heirs.
Pinocchio.
Emergency couple.

And Lee min Ho is a good korean Actor. Hes a huge starand after BBF Im a fan of him and i think You will like his shows. 
Although story wise the shows arent layered like turk shows nor have too much suspence, twist or intrigue in them they are still nice and light content to watch. The only thing I dislike is somtimes the BG score. The ones in older shows sound like OST from barbie movie. Lol 

Thankfully after 2012 the BG scores have improved.

Edited by SaraFatma - 7 years ago
Originally posted by SaraFatma

In a way its not that disheartening a news coz zindagi was showing all flop pak shows on tv anyways. Im an avid viewercand even i had not heard of those shows they were telecasting. In a way its s favor they did by cancelling them as They were not buying good content. 
i agree, they have sort of already aired the classic dramas and were running some really silly ones for a while now..I dont remember when was the last time I bothered to tune into zindagi

any which case, considering the mood and the sentiments, it only seems fair to take a break from airing the content from the neighbouring country for now..

It is unfair to the viewer coz you promised them quality so air quality otherwise dont bother. You can watch pak showd for free on youtube. 2016 has been a good year for Pak Tv shows and some really good content was telecast. 
Id suggest watch it on YT such as: 
udaari, 
Diyaredil
dillagi, 
yeh mera deewanapan hai, 
besharam, 
zara yaad kar 
and more.

the novelty factor IMO with zindagi went away, very soon, partially because yes I do not have the patience to wait for the content to air and I myself shifted to watch the highly recommended shows post ZGH online.  uve seen Yeh mera deewanapan hai too? I loved it for the first 12 odd epis, never went back to it after that..the dialogues though were absolutely fabulous..same thing happened with dillagi, I was hooked till first few epis and then lost interest or just plain never went back to completing it..remaining havent watched yet..

In k dramas do watch these:
Boys before flowers
My love from another planet.
The heirs.
Pinocchio.
Emergency couple.

thanks for the recommendations..I know about BBF, but somehow the storyline doesnt interest me, will sure check the others out though :)

And Lee min Ho is a good korean Actor. Hes a huge starand after BBF Im a fan of him and i think You will like his shows. 
LMH - he is like a superstar there right? yup Ive read about his versatility too..will surely check his shows out..

Although story wise the shows arent layered like turk shows nor have too much suspence, twist or intrigue in them they are still nice and light content to watch. The only thing I dislike is somtimes the BG score. The ones in older shows sound like OST from barbie movie. Lol 

LOL I see.  TBH I saw a few episodes of Feriha on Zindagi and was so put off, that I couldnt watch another turkish drama courtesy that..also arent they like longer series, 50+ episodes atleast?

Thankfully after 2012 the BG scores have improved.

I am with you...I love K dramas...and trust me m requesting this for so long...the day they started airing Feriha I am asking this...if many people request this then may be they listen...
Iv you are judgng turk shows on basis of feriha then its a big mistake as feriha wasnt that great a show. It was an ok youth show but not one of the greats from turkey. Because it was first turk show in india i can imagine why it clicked and people liked it but turk shows have much more to offer. They have a wide variety of scenarios from historical to crime to suspence and horror and each is unique and great to watch. 
Watch classics like:
Fatmagul (the biggest hit turk show globally)
Muhtesim yuzyil
Kara para ask
Bir gecer zaman ki
Merhamet
Bir bulut olsam
Aski memnu

The dialogues and stories and character development are fantastic in these shows. They are available in english subs and urdu dubbed too.

About pak and turk shows they are an acquired taste and needs adapting too to enjoy. K-shows are I find similar to infian content and hence easier to watch. In pak they did poorly as content was not too rich and viewers hav a darker mature pallete and love tragedies and rona dhona stories for prime time. So I can imagine why u dint like after a few eps. But if you like such shows u can try these shows out. 
I liked Emergency couple, My secret love , My star from another planet.
Can't wait for Korean shows to be telecast. Sick of the awful Pak shows. Good riddance. They shld now focus on shows from Turkey and Korea and Latn America too
Glad too. Now we will have superior quality international shows. Pak shows barring a few are are highly overrated as are all the same with the same kind of regressive stories revolving around multiple wives, multiple divorces, cousin marriages crap. Yuckkk. ðŸ¤¢

Can't wait for shows from other counteries. We already have shows from US (being shown just a day after their telecast in US) and UK. Now these shows will add to the quality entertainment quotient.
Edited by HauntingDawn - 7 years ago