Ishq ka Rang Safed

Mahhi Vij and I can paint the set red together! Mishal Raheja

zajedno thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Mishal Raheja (Datta bhau in Laagi Tujhse Lagan) says he is fortunate to have got such a role at a young age.Laagi... is like family to him yet it does not keep him away from stress and so he works out to counter it. He also believes his co-star Mahhi Vij is a lot like him.

TellyChakkar spoke to the actor on this and a lot more.

Do you think the Indian television industry is shifting to more male centric shows? 
I really do not know about it for we still do not see many male characters like mine in Laagi. I can say maybe my role is shifting one's outlook but so far it has been women-centric shows only. And I wouldn't blame anyone as more women seem to be watching serials than men. For men are usually out of the house till 9-9.30 and women need some masala and that's what they get. I feel fortunate to get such a role at a very young age.

How is it working with the cast and crew of Laagi Tujhse Lagan?
I love the set and the people are like family. All my three reel' sisters, Sudarshan, and Sethji are superb. We all share our food; we distribute chocolates on the set. We have people from all age groups hence it feels like a family that has a father, mother, sister and little children. It's comforting here compared to other sets where people just work and walk out. We work as a team.

You're also doing Mano Ya Na Mano. Are you enjoying anchoring?
I am anchoring for the first time and am excited about it. I also get to wear stylish clothes, classic shoes which I don't get to wear in Laagi... I don't even get to talk much on Laagi till Datta is in a really bad mood. But, in Mano...since I am the anchor I have to talk a lot. I have these entire one page monologues.

What is it you'd like to change about Datta?
I want to change his clothes completely. I don't even mind if I have to act without clothes but would want them changed.

After a hectic schedule at work how do you de-stress yourself?
Working out helps me feel stress free. So, I do not miss my workouts and in case I have missed it I go out on a 20 minute run even if it's 11 in the night.

Another thing I do is I go back home and play with my puppy. I bought him from Kolkata on my birthday. His name is Amigo and playing with him for an hour makes me feel nice.

How is your off-screen relationship with Mahhi Vij?
We are friends and have known each other for years now. She is very similar to me, earnest and honest. We get along like a house on fire. If we start taking some body's case together that person's then has a real bad day! We can paint the set red together.

Do you have a fetish for anything?
Yes, for clothes. I do not believe in buying expensive glares, shoes or watches for I feel instead of wasting money on such things we can use them for a better purpose. So, every eight months I go to Dubai or Hong Kong and buy clothes for myself. Clothes also work as a stress buster for me. Unlike Datta, I love colours, orange, blue, green...

What kind of a girl are you looking forward to?
There is no check list. If I meet a girl and we get along well then we stay back but if we do not get along we walk our separate ways.

What would you want your ideal day to be like?
Wake up early, go to the gym, have a big breakfast then play with my dog, give him a massage. As my parents stay in town I would visit them, have lunch with them. I am fond of movies so I will catch up on a movie with my friends in the afternoon will be for sure. Will have dinner with my parents again and play my guitar. Then probably I will go to sleep early.

What has been the most embarrassing moment of your life?
Once while I was in school I had participated in a play. I was an activist in it and there was this scene in which I had to go to the police station and fight against the injustice done and the police was to drag me in the jail. But, I got into the character completely and walked into the prison without the police dragging me in. The entire class started laughing at me and I was embarrassed.

Are there any unfulfilled dreams?
Yes many I would want to do Bollywood, Tollywood, Kollywood, in fact all the woods that are there. I would want to test every field of entertainment be it acting, hosting, dancing, everything.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow Zaj.. you gave an awesome title to this topic.. Loved it. 
And loved Mishal's IV too.. 

Yea i remember he and mahhi used to be very naughty on setsπŸ˜† in every IV, they gave together, they kept on smiling and laughing for most of the timesπŸ˜†
Mishal had shared a great off screen chemistry with every single heroine of his shows..

Aww.. Darling mishal used to complain about dutta's clothes.. Little did he know that dutta pujarans are still simply in love with his blank, blue, brown and grey dresses..and off course his white kurta too..😳 Only those clothes suited him the most.. And he used to look freaking hot in them, especially the black and white ones..

Emmm my wish,  if mishal does not like those similarly designed same coloured clothes.. and preferred shooting shirtless...then his next show's PH should definitely select only dutta type dresses for him.. If he wears him then it's fine, we will enjoy the hot looks of MR otherwise we all are ever ready to drool over shirtless mishal..☺️

Edited by Barbie_KK9629 - 7 years ago
Mishfan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Loved all his answers...with a good  reporter, you can get the best out of him.

Wow Mishal Iikes  bright colors...good to know & he looks WOW in them.
Remember the blue, orange sherwanis in ISHQ...& colored vests post leap...
Looked handsome & suave.

Getting into a character...we all have come to see how true that is...
He is a born actor, no wonder.

Hope he at least anchors a show until he decides to comeback on a daily soap.

Thank you Zaj  for sharing

@ Barb...haaa, hope your wish comes true, dear...lol
~DaZZ|ing~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing, Zaj!  If Mishal's given an opportunity to act in Tollywood or Kollywood (Is that Bengal?), I'll be sure to watch his film despite knowing I won't understand a word.  I'll watch the entire film for his expressions.  Love is so tremendously beautiful that you often don't need words for its expression. πŸ˜ƒ
pearl82 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~DaZZ|ing~

Thanks for sharing, Zaj!  If Mishal's given an opportunity to act in Tollywood or Kollywood (Is that Bengal?), I'll be sure to watch his film despite knowing I won't understand a word.  I'll watch the entire film for his expressions.  Love is so tremendously beautiful that you often don't need words for its expression. πŸ˜ƒ

hello  dazz πŸ˜Š Tollywood  refers to telugu film industry and Kollywood refers  to Tamil  film  industry πŸ˜ƒ which  country  are u residing  in dazz πŸ˜ƒ
Magnolia2 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Thanks Zaj for sharing this very informative iv.
Liked the fact that he did not want to restrict his talents only to a certain region or a particular genre.His desire for variety and versatility is laudable indeed.
bunny_LeoLan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@daz and tulsi di..

Tollywood refers to bengali films as well.. Here in west bengal, people refer to bengali movies as tollywood movies..
Though I may be wrongπŸ˜†

But bengali ho ya tamil, mishal will have to learn these languages I guess..
pearl82 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Barbie_KK9629

@daz and tulsi di..

Tollywood refers to bengali films as well.. Here in west bengal, people refer to bengali movies as tollywood movies..
Though I may be wrongπŸ˜†

But bengali ho ya tamil, mishal will have to learn these languages I guess..

oh really πŸ˜† I thought tollywood  refers to only telugu  movie  industry. ...thanks  for the info  bb πŸ˜†
Magnolia2 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
@Barbs and pearly
According to wiki Tollywood refers to both the film indystry in West Bengal based in a place called Tollygunge in Kolkata as well as the Telegu film industry.Only Mishal would be able to clarify which one he was referring to...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
BTW it  also refers to the film industry of Taiwan πŸ˜†.In that case our dear Swati will be overjoyedπŸ˜†πŸ˜†
pearl82 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Magnolia2

@Barbs and pearly

According to wiki Tollywood refers to both the film indystry in West Bengal based in a place called Tollygunge in Kolkata as well as the Telegu film industry.Only Mishal would be able to clarify which one he was referring to...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
BTW it  also refers to the film industry of Taiwan πŸ˜†.In that case our dear Swati will be overjoyedπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

omg Magee πŸ˜† I really  appreciate  your  researches regarding Mish πŸ˜† now I am very  much  confident about  your PhD  regarding Mish  and his shows πŸ˜³πŸ€£